Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Fashion Thread

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,068 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,785 rep

Where are these from!?

sears!! they have them in like a million different patterns and they're so comfy and cute i'm probably gonna end up buying like four more :lol:

dr_sadness_88

dr_sadness_88
  • Jamaican Jerk Sauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2007
  • 1,609 rep

sears!! they have them in like a million different patterns and they're so comfy and cute i'm probably gonna end up buying like four more :lol:

Ahhh. I don't think there's sears in NYC :(

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,494 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,540 rep
Got a new dress :happy: It's ridiculously bodycon but for some reason it looks good on me! And even for a fashion noob like me it's fairly easy to dress it up and down depending on the occasion :)

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 986 rep
I finally gutted my wardrobe, found so many of my old shoes. Mainly rocket dog boots, Venice boots and some black quilted dcs :shy: Found my Mike hoodie my auntie got for my 16th birthday, it's black with a silver print of him on it :lol:

I was at peacocks while on holiday and got some nice underwear sets, a summery top, an Aztec dress and jeans. It was always my go to place if I couldn't find anything in New look and was too lazy to go to primark lol

Going to maybe get a new light jacket before I go back to college. I've got my Joe browns leather one but it's looking scabby :(

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 21,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,770 rep

Worst shopping experience EVER.  Hubby and I stopped at the outlet mall on our way home from Milwaukee yesterday and at the first store I was looking at a jacket and he said, you're not working, what do you need that for?  :(  That was the end of my shopping.   The whole thought put me off wanting to buy anything. 

But he shopped.  For work clothes for his job.  While it was fun helping him find clothes and shoes that fit and at the right price I was still sad in a pretty foul mood the whole time.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Worst shopping experience EVER.  Hubby and I stopped at the outlet mall on our way home from Milwaukee yesterday and at the first store I was looking at a jacket and he said, you're not working, what do you need that for?  :(  That was the end of my shopping.   The whole thought put me off wanting to buy anything. 

But he shopped.  For work clothes for his job.  While it was fun helping him find clothes and shoes that fit and at the right price I was still sad in a pretty foul mood the whole time.

That's mean. I'm not working at the moment. Doesn't mean I can't buy pretty things. 

• lizziebix likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,729 rep

Practical clothes are boring. You probably need more outfits now that you're free to go out and do exciting things!

• lizziebix likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,770 rep

Hubby apologized today (well yesterday too) but really apologized today.  He felt terrible and felt terrible that I felt terrible since I could use any positive boost to my self-esteem right now.

Oh, well.  Maybe I'll make a trip by myself when the school sales start in a couple of weeks. :)

• Vesper likes this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Is it weird that upon flicking through the new H&M catalogue I want to buy some of the mens sweaters as opposed to the girls? They just look so slouchy and comfy. 

• Dirntbag likes this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,294 rep

Is it weird that upon flicking through the new H&M catalogue I want to buy some of the mens sweaters as opposed to the girls? They just look so slouchy and comfy. 

Not weird at all, I think! The men's section always has stuff that I consider to be nicer than the women's. Mostly in outerwear. In the women's section you get these tiny, thin sweaters that are scratchy and gross and in the men's they have lovely comfy sweaters that actually go past the midriff. 

• Lady Nightlife likes this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Hubby apologized today (well yesterday too) but really apologized today.  He felt terrible and felt terrible that I felt terrible since I could use any positive boost to my self-esteem right now.

Oh, well.  Maybe I'll make a trip by myself when the school sales start in a couple of weeks. :)

Ahem, Mar, why are you buying school uniform? :P
  • lizziebix likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Always You, Never A Replacement

• 10,650 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,053 rep

Men's sweaters and button down shirts are my new obsession to be honest. I love wearing an oversized, comfy sweater with jeggings and boots :wub:

• Dirntbag likes this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Men's sweaters and button down shirts are my new obsession to be honest. I love wearing an oversized, comfy sweater with jeggings and boots :wub:

I wish I was brave enough to try jeggings. With my 40" hips and thighs like BOOM... Idk... bit nervous!

I do <3 button down shirts though.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 10,650 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,053 rep

I wish I was brave enough to try jeggings. With my 40" hips and thighs like BOOM... Idk... bit nervous!

I do <3 button down shirts though.

Just wear them with an overly-long sweater/shirt! I don't much like the look of jeggings without a top that covers up my butt anyway :)

and they're sooo much warmer than leggings and comfier than skinny jeans while achieving the same sort of look. Best invention ever.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Just wear them with an overly-long sweater/shirt! I don't much like the look of jeggings without a top that covers up my butt anyway :)

and they're sooo much warmer than leggings and comfier than skinny jeans while achieving the same sort of look. Best invention ever.

I might try some on next time I go shopping. But that's going to be a while looking at my non-existent money. 

Advertising

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 10,650 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,053 rep

I might try some on next time I go shopping. But that's going to be a while looking at my non-existent money. 

Right there with you! Shocked that it's almost time to shop for fall clothes and I have no money for it :lol:

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,863 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,524 rep

Right there with you! Shocked that it's almost time to shop for fall clothes and I have no money for it :lol:

Yeah I'm like £800 in debt... so it's going to be a while. 

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,896 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 2,936 rep

I have a few men's primark jumpers, they're fab and really warm :happy:

abbieisnotamazing

abbieisnotamazing
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2013
  • 206 rep

I'm dyeing either some or all of my hair turquoise soon :D I looked up the exact brand I'm using and apparently this is the colour it's supposed to turn out as:

Spoiler

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 11,800 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,757 rep

I'm dyeing either some or all of my hair turquoise soon :D I looked up the exact brand I'm using and apparently this is the colour it's supposed to turn out as:

it'll probably only turn out that colour if your hair is near white before hand and you use a LOT of dye to saturate your hair and leave it on for several hours, wrapping it in cling film to help it soak in. it's hard to get colours that vibrant which sucks

abbieisnotamazing

abbieisnotamazing
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined Jul 28, 2013
  • 206 rep

it'll probably only turn out that colour if your hair is near white before hand and you use a LOT of dye to saturate your hair and leave it on for several hours, wrapping it in cling film to help it soak in. it's hard to get colours that vibrant which sucks

Ah, that kind of sucks. I have blonde hair so I will probably get a darkish blue.

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,689 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,770 rep

Ahem, Mar, why are you buying school uniform? :P

Haha!  Actually our "back to school" sales are sales on almost everything in all stores.  And I never wore an uniform to school - not even sure where I'd find one aside from a Halloween costume shop!

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 11,800 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,757 rep

Ah, that kind of sucks. I have blonde hair so I will probably get a darkish blue.

depending on the blonde you may get pretty damn close, but good luck! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users