Undómiel

The Fashion Thread

Disapperingirl

Oh thanks I couldn't find it anymore!!

Hmmm.. merchandise in Zara.. Sounds familiar.. :P Last time there was supposed to be a Green Day shirt in Zara, but when I looked for it (two times) I couldn't find anything. So idk, I guess it depends on both if there is actually a lady gaga shirt in the Zara stores right now, and if you live in a certain country that sells the collection with that shirt. I'd say, go look for it. You never know. :)

Yeah I remember that...the Blinded by Youth t-shirt with Billie on it, right?? I was so disappointed when I couldn't find it anywhere!

Anyway yeah you're right, I should have a look...I shearched on the web, and I found that those t-shirts in Zara were for men.. :ermm: But I'm sure there are for women too :pinch:

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Yay, I finally found a pair of nice jeans :happy: I still want black ones and grey ones and crazy coloured ones, but at least I've got a pair of jeans that isn't too short. It's a little high waist, but you don't really see that when I'm wearing a hoodie (and I spend 90% of my winter in a (zipped) hoodie of some sort) and it's super comfy :happy:

I'm also gonna buy winter shoes for the first time in one or two years... it's doable, but still a bit cold to wear Chucks all winter (not to mention inconvenient when it snows or rains). Still cheating because they look like Chucks except they're from a different brand and fake leather instead of fabric, but still. Winter shoes, at last! W13005_001.jpg

Undómiel

I like them!!

Not as bad as today though right. My mum picks up an elastic-waisted pull on faux denim skirt and asks me if I like it. When I wrinkle my nose she gets all mad at me saying that, nothing can please me... well if comes in that shape and material I'm not surprised!!

tonda-gossa

I have a thing for brightly patterned/coloured/both trousers.

Tartan is my favourite. I have many many pairs of amazingly funky pants. I could happily own any of the brightly patterened jeans by Tripp NYC.

Generally though, if there's eye-rapingly clashing patterns and colours, that's all me.

I'm on the right. Those pants are amazing:

60934_429266636750_726996750_5553884_5323146_n.jpg

Lmfao.

There isn't a word in the english dictionary that can describe how awesome those checkered pants are.

I have a pair of black and green checkered shorts. They're super baggy. But in the summer, I like to wear them to the beach as board-shorts with a lime green bikini top. :P I love life.

I've taken to cutting the neck out of my shirts. Mostly band shirts, because it's all I wear. So they're off my shoulder, you know? I really like it, actually.

In some of them, I've also cut the sleeves off to make wife-beaters, and then cutting it down the seem almost to the bottom of the shirt. Now that it's -30 C, it's like. Oh cute, now I am wearing summer clothes and it's nipple-freezing temperature. Hahaha.

a1b9s.jpg

This is more average winter-fall-spring weather. Of course, when it's not SUPER cold. Gotta have your ski-jackets and mittens. :P

-Karen-

i have a thiing for cardigan sweaters right now.

they jazz up any outfit!

Izzard

I'm really into what Abercrombie and Hollister is selling right now...I don't know...I like the whole lace look :)

fiercecircus

Oh, you guys, i have the style of a 50 year old that lives under a rock.

But, i am trying to be better about it now that i'm not living in scrubs all the time. I miss fun clothes, and dammit i'm only 31 not 50...

I have a pair of black skinny jeans that i need to hem. The rest of my jeans are... boring normal. I'm leery about wearing skinny jeans because... i'm kinda old, and my butt and thighs aren't perfect. But, if they make and sell them in a size 14-16 (us sizes) then CERTAINLY me wearing a size 8 can not be that bad! No?

also i used to love freaky awful print pants (like aska has.) Love them. I still love them but i feel silly wearing them. In highschool i had a couple of pairs of plaid pants and they were ugly and i got made fun of. But it was 1997 and i think i was trying to channel Mike Dirnt (it was his crazy plaid pants phase. They were freaking ugly and i thought they were an awesome statement against fashion. I wanted to be as different from my high school cohorts as possible. It worked.)

Anyways. Crazy pants are awesome. I'm not sure i can pull it off these days but wtf? I really want a pair of pinstripe pants. Black pinstripe pants... (goddammit vertical stripes are supposed to be slimming!)

and honestly, if a skirt doesn't look good with converse or dr. martens, it's not worth wearing :)

and *sigh* i need more band shirts... Stores dont' carry good band shirts around here. I mean i could order them online, but WHATS THE FUN IN THAT? I like the thrill of the hunt. I need to get down to NYC and hit the stores on St. Marks Place (Trash and Vaudeville- my favorite :) )

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

I should probably just become a nudist, that's how little I care about clothes. I'd like to wear nice stuff, but it all feels uncomfortable to me. And I HATE being uncomfortable.

NothingButYourImagination

and *sigh* i need more band shirts... Stores dont' carry good band shirts around here. I mean i could order them online, but WHATS THE FUN IN THAT? I like the thrill of the hunt. I need to get down to NYC and hit the stores on St. Marks Place (Trash and Vaudeville- my favorite :) )

Trash and Vaudeville is amazing! Check out Search and Destroy too, they're practically right across the street from T&V and they've got a lot of new and used band tees in there.
  • Like 1

Juliette

Pretty much living in leggings these days, even though I hated them when they first became fashionable again. Leggings, uggs & a cosy jumper, basically cause it's too cold for me to care enough to wear anything else lol.

Lmfao.

I've taken to cutting the neck out of my shirts. Mostly band shirts, because it's all I wear. So they're off my shoulder, you know? I really like it, actually.

In some of them, I've also cut the sleeves off to make wife-beaters, and then cutting it down the seem almost to the bottom of the shirt. Now that it's -30 C, it's like. Oh cute, now I am wearing summer clothes and it's nipple-freezing temperature. Hahaha.

This is probably a really daft question but where do you cut to do that? :lol: Been wanting to do it for ages but I'm scared of ruining my tops by cutting the wrong bit off haha.

AwesomeAsFudge

i want to buy uggs , coats, chuck taylors, some accessories, basically everything !

tonda-gossa

This is probably a really daft question but where do you cut to do that? :lol: Been wanting to do it for ages but I'm scared of ruining my tops by cutting the wrong bit off haha.

I usually just cut the entire neck piece right off. Like right along the seem. I practiced on a few older shirts first! :)

As for the sleeves, again I just just right along the seems and remove them completely. Cutting down the side of the shirt can be really tricky; especially getting it to be even. LOL I've ruined at least one shirt doing it that way!

Undómiel

I love fashion so much but I also am very into animal protection and welfare (no I am not a vegetarian), do you think that fashion and animal welfare can go together?

pasalaska

So there's this online store that I LOVE but it only ships to the US. It's a good and bad thing really - it stops me spending hundreds of dollars on pants, but at the same time I go on there all the time and put everything I want into my shopping basket and then make myself sad because I can't have fab pants.

I might send them to an American friend...

adie21

I have to try to stop myself from spending all my money at Hot Topic on band shirts and skinny jeans. That's pretty much my every day look. But then there's the fuzzy hats in the mall that I seem to be able to spend about $100 on... :dry:

gloria123

my problem with Hot Topic and stuff is that i can see spending $25 for a t-shirt!....so i wait for good clearance sales

Penguin Puffball

Psh, clothes are too mainstream.

• Like 2

Undómiel

I have discovered a recent penchant for lace... :)

Zelda

my problem with Hot Topic and stuff is that i can see spending $25 for a t-shirt!....so i wait for good clearance sales

This is what I hate about buying clothes. =/ I'll see an awesome shirt that I want, but it's $20+, and most of the time, I just don't have the money to spend on it. Or, I do have the money, but combined with the other stuff that I want to buy, I could end up spending over $40 in one store. =/

And on the topic of skinny jeans, I could never wear them. My ass is too big. :lol:...:(

Undómiel

^ever tried boyfriend jeans?

Benni;

the selection of stores over here is disgusting. therefore I have to buy online, but I have problem with sizes, therefore i end up wearing skinny jeans and hoodies basically most of the times. and in the summer i go for shorties and band t-shirts got at concerts. that's my wardrobe; as much as my mom tries to make me wear those things that she defines more, uhm, girly. :( i hate europe.

Yussef

I wore combat boots* to a very famous club. I'm surprised they let me in, they're usually very specific with dress code.

*Useful tool to step on every jerk's foot who tries to feel you up without your consent.

• Like 1

.katie.

Psh, clothes are too mainstream.

I know, right? :cool:

Seriously, I actually live in plaid shirts, jeans and converse. I just don't feel comfortable in much else. I don't even make an effort half the time. And I'm sick of my friend constantly nagging at me for wearing nothing but plaid shirts. I don't know what she's talking about, considering there's only about 3 outfits I've ever actually seen her in.

Penguin Puffball

I want combat boots.

Khaleesi.

I wish I was more fashionable. :( As comfy as jeans and hoodies are, it'd be nice to look.... pretty.