Undómiel

The Fashion Thread

Undómiel

Need some new jeans desperately too. Always trust Levis - found they're hard wearing, don't lose the colour, and the assistants measure you so you get a pair which fit really well. Have been trying to gain a little bit of weight so my old pair are too small.

Light or dark pair?? Not sure.

Dark.

I also have such a penchant for expensive shoes. It's really bad.

This is my lust have boot. But unfortunately it's £560... :cry:

247indiananap_large_1.jpg

• Like 1

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Have you tried Dorothy Perkins' 'Tall' range of jeans? (Or anybodies tall for that matter - that was just the first one that came to mind!) It was bad a couple of months ago, I was wearing my favourite pair of black skinny jeans, loved 'em to death and then I sat down and RIIIIIPPPP! big hole at the crotch. FML. So in the bin they went... I was heartbroken. :P

About band logos - yeah it pees me off too when you see people wearing Ramones t-shirts (or any band for that matter) and you're 99.99999% convinced that if you went up to them and asked if they liked the music they go "Oh! I thought it was a brand!" ... :dry:

On another note, just bought a new top today - it's cream with a charcoal gray image of a skull on the front but with black and grey roses and cross around it, it's so nice! And it's a L (I take S) so I can wear it as a dress (it comes down to just above the knee) with black leggings and heels - so nice!!

Never heard of that, tbh. Also tbh it's been at least two years since I've bought a pair of pants (with one exception - but I bought those with the thought "they'll fit when I lose weight!" and I never lost that weight. It was cheap though). :lol:

Primark has pants/jeans in different sizes I think, like regular and long. I don't know about the quality though since I never buy my jeans there :lol:

Also, where did you buy those pink tartan jeans, I can't seem to find any kind of patterned jeans here.

There's no Primark near me though... I think I'll just have to suck it up and try jeans everywhere, haha. Go jeans shopping at all, it shouldn't be too hard...

In a shop called London, I bought it in an actual shop but they have a website too (although there aren't any patterned jeans on it).

http://www.dorothype...tegoryId=212231 - Dotty P's tall jeans.

But I don't think they sell that here, and the last time I bought jeans online was a disaster (they were WAY too small and while sending them back did get you a refund, you had to pay for shipping yourself so I ended up paying like €20 for nothing), so I'm kind of hesitant to that that again.

Katarina.

There's no Primark near me though... I think I'll just have to suck it up and try jeans everywhere, haha. Go jeans shopping at all, it shouldn't be too hard...

In a shop called London, I bought it in an actual shop but they have a website too (although there aren't any patterned jeans on it).

There's one in Rotterdam I think. And Hoofddorp..

Thanks! I'll check that out. :)

Ashley!

I want these boots soooo bad!

boot.png

but they are $200, so its probably never going to happen unless I want to spend almost half my paycheck on shoes...

There's one in Rotterdam I think. And Hoofddorp..

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Wait, really? The list on the bottom of the website didn't mention either of those, haha. Well, that's good.

Beware that it's quite an expensive shop, by the way. It's not like, super expensive, but it's more expensive than your average H&M-like shop.

I hate how I said "expensive" three times in one sentence :runaround:

Penguin Puffball

I grow out of jeans so fast...like, just a month or two ago I was fine in 5's. Now 9's are the comfortable ones.

colour_me_stupid_

They usually consist of a band shirt and skinny jeans. I don't care what anyone says, they're comfortable to sleep in.

:mellow:

I could not do that! :P

I have a mustard yellow skirt. Now usually I hate that colour but this skirt is really nice. It's pleated. But I only have one top that goes with it, which is a plain brown t shirt =/ Anyone any suggestions what else I could wear with it?

blitzkriegdeb

I hate shopping for jeans, but I need to so bad. :dry:

I've started getting into thrift shopping, and I love it! There's a neat little shop that's about 10 minutes away from my house and I bought a normally $30-$40 dollar white Volcom zip-up hoodie for $4. I like going to regular stores too, but they're so damn expensive, so it's straight to clearance. The Pac Sun at the mall has alot of their summer dresses and stuff on clearance for $6, so I had to grab a few. :lol:

Also, I need these:

AAAAAp4jFxEAAAAAALFA6g.jpg?v=1197594999000

• Like 1

Undómiel

What's the conversion like from American sizes to English ones? Or European for that matter?

I mean I'm a size 8/10 in UK sizes...

What about shoes as well?

klytaemnestra

What's the conversion like from American sizes to English ones? Or European for that matter?

I mean I'm a size 8/10 in UK sizes...

What about shoes as well?

my mum's an 8/6 in the UK and the first time she went to america i think she came back with size 2/4 jeans? i'm not entirely sure. i'd like to know this too, though. new york in three weeks. :D

Undómiel

my mum's an 8/6 in the UK and the first time she went to america i think she came back with size 2/4 jeans? i'm not entirely sure. i'd like to know this too, though. new york in three weeks. :D

Oh really?

I'm going to New York in three weeks!!

klytaemnestra

Oh really?

I'm going to New York in three weeks!!

maaaaate! no way?! hahaha that's awesome. i feel like i'm stalking you now. i'm not, i swear.

:ninja:

blitzkriegdeb

I found these online so I hope they're right. :ninja:

1.png

2.png

klytaemnestra

you're a star! :happy:

Undómiel

Oh well I'm going to feel great when I walk into a shop in New York and I'm a size 6!! :D

gloria123

I really wanted a pair of knee-length shorts for when I go to Oz because all I've got at the moment are ridiculously short shorts. Went into Fat Face to see whether they'd got any and they were £35! I'm not paying that much!! And I can't find shorts anywhere here at the moment because all the winter collections have come in.

you need to just get a cheap pair of pants and just cut them where you what, that's what i do

Undómiel

you need to just get a cheap pair of pants and just cut them where you what, that's what i do

Sounds like a plan. I might try and cut some jeans or something... but even they might be too hot...

pasalaska
Sounds like a plan. I might try and cut some jeans or something... but even they might be too hot...

Dickies and Vans are both brands that do knee-length shorts, and are usually found in skate/surf shops. Try them maybe?

Otherwise, when you get to Aus, go look for some shorts on the first day. I've gotten a few pairs of knee-length shorts from a store called Jay-Jays that's everywhere in Aus.

The shorts I'm wearing in my sig are from Jay-Jays.

Emilie

^I bought a pair of Jay-Jays shorts last weekend. They're plain black but it's the only place around here that sells knee-length shorts.

Undómiel

Dickies and Vans are both brands that do knee-length shorts, and are usually found in skate/surf shops. Try them maybe?

Otherwise, when you get to Aus, go look for some shorts on the first day. I've gotten a few pairs of knee-length shorts from a store called Jay-Jays that's everywhere in Aus.

The shorts I'm wearing in my sig are from Jay-Jays.

Thanks, I will definitely look into that because I can't wear short-shorts! :P Especially as me and my friend intend to use bikes to get most places... :/

Disapperingirl

I didn't know where to ask that, so correct me if this is the wrong place :)

In two weeks is gonna be one of my friends' birthday, and she's a Lady Gaga fan...I want to buy a Lady Gaga t-shirt for her, something like that maglietta-lady-gaga-263x300.jpg

and I heard there were some in Zara stores...do you know that?? and I can't buy online, that's my problem... ( I thought there was a Lady Gaga thread here somewhere :blink: )

pasalaska

I didn't know where to ask that, so correct me if this is the wrong place :)

In two weeks is gonna be one of my friends' birthday, and she's a Lady Gaga fan...I want to buy a Lady Gaga t-shirt for her, something like that http://www.melodicam...aga-263x300.jpg

and I heard there were some in Zara stores...do you know that?? and I can't buy online, that's my problem... ( I thought there was a Lady Gaga thread here somewhere :blink: )

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/67959-lady-gaga/

Katarina.

In two weeks is gonna be one of my friends' birthday, and she's a Lady Gaga fan...I want to buy a Lady Gaga t-shirt for her, something like that [..]

Hmmm.. merchandise in Zara.. Sounds familiar.. :P Last time there was supposed to be a Green Day shirt in Zara, but when I looked for it (two times) I couldn't find anything. So idk, I guess it depends on both if there is actually a lady gaga shirt in the Zara stores right now, and if you live in a certain country that sells the collection with that shirt. I'd say, go look for it. You never know. :)