Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Fashion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5156 replies to this topic

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep
Sales Pitch:

Got a dilemma about what to wear? Bought something recently but don't know what it goes with? Come and call upon the fashion knowledge of fellow GDCers to help you out...

Spiel over.

Yeah, so this is a place to come and talk about clothes, what you're wearing, what you like at the moment, fashion trends you hate, stuff you want to own... etc.

I'll start. I bought a pair of rust coloured trousers with ruffled bottoms the other day and I have no idea what shoes they would go with. Heels or flats? Excuse the crappy picture... I like 'em and I think they look good on me, but I need to know what you think they would go with...

Posted Image

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep
Hmm, heels. What cut are they? :)

Need to buy a really good leather jacket, but I don't exactly have the funds. Also want a new pair of boots for the winter, so am thinking of forking out and buying a military pair from All Saints.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep

Hmm, heels. What cut are they? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Need to buy a really good leather jacket, but I don't exactly have the funds. Also want a new pair of boots for the winter, so am thinking of forking out and buying a military pair from All Saints.

They're kinda wide and long at the same time... I was thinking heels because I thought the ruffled bottoms might make me look really short if I wore flats. I was thinking some kind of wedge? Or maybe the Brogue heels that are all the rage atm?

Leather jacket? Go fake, I have a fake one and you seriously can't tell it was about quarter of the price (from River Island btw) and it's lasted me ages. Also, I know it sounds a bit dumb but M&S have some class boots this winter. I nearly bought a very nice pair the other day for 89... but if you're wanting to fork out there are websites out there (my mum did it, I'll have to ask her) that will custom make your boot for you for about 250-300...

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,784 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep

They're kinda wide and long at the same time... I was thinking heels because I thought the ruffled bottoms might make me look really short if I wore flats. I was thinking some kind of wedge? Or maybe the Brogue heels that are all the rage atm?

Leather jacket? Go fake, I have a fake one and you seriously can't tell it was about quarter of the price (from River Island btw) and it's lasted me ages. Also, I know it sounds a bit dumb but M&S have some class boots this winter. I nearly bought a very nice pair the other day for 89... but if you're wanting to fork out there are websites out there (my mum did it, I'll have to ask her) that will custom make your boot for you for about 250-300...

That's exactly what I thought about not wearing heels - I'd usually wear flats but was wondering what shape they were at the bottom, as I've got these jeans which are a bit baggy at the bottom and with flats I just look like I have no shape. Yes, brogue heels! Something else to add to my list. :p

Might just do that and buy fake to be honest. At least I can buy a new one if it rips or anything. Just saw these in All Saints but will check highstreet also: http://www.allsaints...ter/wfo438-2225

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep

That's exactly what I thought about not wearing heels - I'd usually wear flats but was wondering what shape they were at the bottom, as I've got these jeans which are a bit baggy at the bottom and with flats I just look like I have no shape. Yes, brogue heels! Something else to add to my list. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Might just do that and buy fake to be honest. At least I can buy a new one if it rips or anything. Just saw these in All Saints but will check highstreet also: http://www.allsaints...ter/wfo438-2225

Oooo those are rather nice! Do they come in black though? See when I buy boots, I tend to prefer something a bit more delicate (the ones I was on about were suede knee length with a heel) but if that's what you're after they're really cool!

Having just seen an advert for them on GDC, I can now say what I bought yesterday are called Chinos... :)

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep
I have a thing for brightly patterned/coloured/both trousers.
Tartan is my favourite. I have many many pairs of amazingly funky pants. I could happily own any of the brightly patterened jeans by Tripp NYC.
Generally though, if there's eye-rapingly clashing patterns and colours, that's all me.

I'm on the right. Those pants are amazing:
Posted Image
  • tonda-gossa and fiercecircus like this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep

I have a thing for brightly patterned/coloured/both trousers.
Tartan is my favourite. I have many many pairs of amazingly funky pants. I could happily own any of the brightly patterened jeans by Tripp NYC.
Generally though, if there's eye-rapingly clashing patterns and colours, that's all me.

I'm on the right. Those pants are amazing:

Wow! Those are bright!!

Well, clashing patterns/colours is all the rage this season (according to Harper Bazaar that I bought this week - yes I buy couture magazines, to drool at what I can't afford. Meep.) So you're in. :p

I don't know what it is though. I can't really pull of patterns. The most I've got is a tartan skirt, but mostly it's got to be plain or with a design on it. Rather than regular patterning.

Loving the sunglasses as well.

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,393 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,643 rep
I have a pair of orange skinny jeans, quite similar to these:

Posted Imageand I'm wondering what kinda shoes you guys think I could wear with them? Other than the kind shown in the pic :p

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep

I have a pair of orange skinny jeans, quite similar to these:

http://cn1.kaboodle....v=1238642834000
and I'm wondering what kinda shoes you guys think I could wear with them? Other than the kind shown in the pic http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

These:
Posted Image
I would.

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep
i think when you wear skinny pants you can just about always wear converse. but i find that Forever 21 sometimes has great patterned skinny jeans.

for the winter i've been begging my mom to get me these, but she said only when they go on sale....
Posted Image
  • xSparkyx likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,784 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep
Skinny trousers are the best in the world. Can't beat them. :)
  • Vesper and Lena549 like this

Ashley!

Ashley!
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts
  • Joined Jun 29, 2011
  • 1,093 rep

Skinny trousers are the best in the world. Can't beat them. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

YES! I love skinny jeans. But I usually dont wear "real pants" anymore. I wear "Jeggings", those pants that look like jeans but feel like leggings. I love them :wub:

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,266 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,091 rep
I'm too old for skinny jeans or jeggings. :( But I really love the look of them. And the bighter the better, I say. Along with the craziest, tallest heels or Grecian sandals - great look.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,506 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,623 rep
It's back! :woot:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,143 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,453 rep

i think when you wear skinny pants you can just about always wear converse. but i find that Forever 21 sometimes has great patterned skinny jeans.

for the winter i've been begging my mom to get me these, but she said only when they go on sale....

I got a pair of Docs on sale the other weekend. Still looking for a chance to wear them though =/

Advertising

NothingButYourImagination

NothingButYourImagination
  • Hopeless Romantic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 613 rep
The whole hipster trend has grown quite annoying to me, especially the hipster goths. To me, they just are like "Oh look at me in my all black wardrobe and inverted cross jewelry." :dry: Most of the time, they lack the respect and knowledge of the gothic subculture and history and I just find it a nuisance. But I digress...

Now, me being a goth kid at heart, (it's a style of dress I've slowly dropped over the years but I'm aiming to work back in 'cause I miss it) I have my little touches of spookiness here and there. From a silver bat necklace, pentagram jewelry, and ankh earrings, I wear these quite a bit along with other jewelry of that nature.
I'll wear black\white or black\grey stripey sweaters, scarves, and socks. I'm sort of a jacket and cardigan fiend, from Tripp NYC ones with grommets and zippers to drapey, flowy, open black ones as well. Most days I am a t-shirt person, band shirts and graphic tees all the time.
Skinny jeans and pants. That's all I wear. Dark jeans, black pants, and some grey ones. The brands that I love for me are Tripp and Celebrity Pink jeans.
Converse are another staple. I'll usually wear my basic black\white ones but I also have the black mono ones too. I want to get a nice pair of Creepers, be they Demonia or TUK brand, and a pair of basic black everyday boots too.

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,784 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep
Urgh, I hate the hipster trend too. My sister is becoming one of them. :dry: She came home last weekend with none other than a David Bowie t-shirt. Now for ME, who actually listens to his music, it'd be quite fitting. But she doesn't even know who he is and just bought it because it's kind of hipster. :mellow:

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,945 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,270 rep
Skinny jeans are awesome. I recently bought a purple one, love it. I'm still looking for tartan/patterned pants/jeans, so far I've never seen a pair in the shops here..

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,143 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,453 rep
Just to keep going with people wearing clothes without any idea of the person on said clothes. I hate it when people have shirts or bags with Che Guevara's face on it without having any clue who he is. They just buy the bag because the face looks cool or something.

Also, is wearing a Ramones shirt considered cool or something? I heard people talking about how lots of people wear Ramones shirts without actually knowing who they are. In all the time I've known of the Ramones I've only ever seen one or two people around with their logo on a shirt.

Skinny jeans are awesome. I recently bought a purple one, love it. I'm still looking for tartan/patterned pants/jeans, so far I've never seen a pair in the shops here..

I saw a pair of tartan pants the other day. I love them but really don't think I could pull them off properly. I'd just look awkward wearing them =/

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep

I got a pair of Docs on sale the other weekend. Still looking for a chance to wear them though http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

i got these a few years ago and they look great with a skirt (i can't figure out how to wear them with pants)
Posted Image

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,143 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,453 rep

i got these a few years ago and they look great with a skirt (i can't figure out how to wear them with pants)

I wore mine around the house once with jeans. I wore skinnies and just tucked the jeans into the shoes. You can just wear them under the pants too but it doesn't show off how fabulously high they are.

I'd like to wear a skirt with mine, I agree it looks great, but I don't actually own one...

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep

I wore mine around the house once with jeans. I wore skinnies and just tucked the jeans into the shoes. You can just wear them under the pants too but it doesn't show off how fabulously high they are.

I'd like to wear a skirt with mine, I agree it looks great, but I don't actually own one...

oh, see, i have to wear skirts to school so i have a million (but most are denim)
but when you wear a skirt with them (especially your black ones) they look awesome with patterned tights

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,143 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,453 rep

oh, see, i have to wear skirts to school so i have a million (but most are denim) but when you wear a skirt with them (especially your black ones) they look awesome with patterned tights

I reckon they would. I've been planning on buying a skirt but never got around to it. Will have to eventually.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,506 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,623 rep
I mostly just wear jeans and a sweatshirt, and half the time I couldn't be assed to even wear jeans.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,143 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,453 rep

I mostly just wear jeans and a sweatshirt, and half the time I couldn't be assed to even wear jeans.

:lol:

I'm lucky in that I don't wear my own clothes an awful lot, I have a school uniform. When I go home I get into my pyjamas. So I only wear my own clothes two days a week. And sometimes I keep my pyjamas on for those two days as well.
Then again, my pyjamas aren't really pyjamas. They usually consist of a band shirt and skinny jeans. I don't care what anyone says, they're comfortable to sleep in.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep
I really wanted a pair of knee-length shorts for when I go to Oz because all I've got at the moment are ridiculously short shorts. Went into Fat Face to see whether they'd got any and they were £35! I'm not paying that much!! And I can't find shorts anywhere here at the moment because all the winter collections have come in.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,642 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,611 rep
I reaaaally need jeans that fit. All my jeans are too short. =/ I don't know if I have long legs or just a tendency to buy too short jeans, but it's annoying anyway. And some of my jeans don't fit anymore either, I really only have one pair I really like that fits too :lol:
I have one pair of pink tartan jeans, but they are SUPER short (and a little small as well...). And a pair of neon yellow jeans (think this), but they are suffocatingly small and I don't think I fit into them anymore, so yeah.

Ehmm... don't know. I'm not into fashion at all, I just wear what I like and feels comfortable :p Although half the time I can't find clothes I like...

Just to keep going with people wearing clothes without any idea of the person on said clothes. I hate it when people have shirts or bags with Che Guevara's face on it without having any clue who he is. They just buy the bag because the face looks cool or something.

Also, is wearing a Ramones shirt considered cool or something? I heard people talking about how lots of people wear Ramones shirts without actually knowing who they are. In all the time I've known of the Ramones I've only ever seen one or two people around with their logo on a shirt.

I find that SO annoying. Especially with H&M selling band shirts... so many girls walking around in Rolling Stones t-shirts and I'm sure half of them don't know the Rolling Stones, let alone know they're wearing their logo.
I'd never wear a band shirt of a band I don't know or don't like, but if they don't even know it's a band shirt...
The only exception to that rule for me is that I may buy a Ramones shirt at some point because I just really like their logo, even though I'm not a fan.
as for your question, I've seen quite a few people with Ramones tshirts, but most of the people wearing them did look like they knew who they were (as far as you can judge that, of course).

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,994 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,616 rep

I find that SO annoying. Especially with H&M selling band shirts... so many girls walking around in Rolling Stones t-shirts and I'm sure half of them don't know the Rolling Stones, let alone know they're wearing their logo.
I'd never wear a band shirt of a band I don't know or don't like, but if they don't even know it's a band shirt...
The only exception to that rule for me is that I may buy a Ramones shirt at some point because I just really like their logo, even though I'm not a fan.
as for your question, I've seen quite a few people with Ramones tshirts, but most of the people wearing them did look like they knew who they were (as far as you can judge that, of course).

Have you tried Dorothy Perkins' 'Tall' range of jeans? (Or anybodies tall for that matter - that was just the first one that came to mind!) It was bad a couple of months ago, I was wearing my favourite pair of black skinny jeans, loved 'em to death and then I sat down and RIIIIIPPPP! big hole at the crotch. FML. So in the bin they went... I was heartbroken. :p

About band logos - yeah it pees me off too when you see people wearing Ramones t-shirts (or any band for that matter) and you're 99.99999% convinced that if you went up to them and asked if they liked the music they go "Oh! I thought it was a brand!" ... :dry:

On another note, just bought a new top today - it's cream with a charcoal gray image of a skull on the front but with black and grey roses and cross around it, it's so nice! And it's a L (I take S) so I can wear it as a dress (it comes down to just above the knee) with black leggings and heels - so nice!!

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,945 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,270 rep

I reaaaally need jeans that fit. All my jeans are too short. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I don't know if I have long legs or just a tendency to buy too short jeans, but it's annoying anyway. And some of my jeans don't fit anymore either, I really only have one pair I really like that fits too http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
I have one pair of pink tartan jeans, but they are SUPER short (and a little small as well...). And a pair of neon yellow jeans (think this), but they are suffocatingly small and I don't think I fit into them anymore, so yeah.

Primark has pants/jeans in different sizes I think, like regular and long. I don't know about the quality though since I never buy my jeans there :lol:
Also, where did you buy those pink tartan jeans, I can't seem to find any kind of patterned jeans here.

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 4,784 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep
Need some new jeans desperately too. Always trust Levis - found they're hard wearing, don't lose the colour, and the assistants measure you so you get a pair which fit really well. Have been trying to gain a little bit of weight so my old pair are too small.

Light or dark pair?? Not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users