Big Four of 90s Punk

R_O_B_11

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to open this back up for conversation, as we plan on posting this on GDA soon anyway.

No problem in people talking about the idea of the group, let's just make it completely clear that this is just a fan-based petition type thing and none of these bands have plans to actually make this happen. None-the-less, would be interested if it got their attention.

I'm thinking a bit twice about this. On the one hand, I'd love to see Green Day tour again and Rancid with them as well. But on the other hand I think this would be kind of a disaster. All of these 4 bands have surely many fans and all of them coming together for one tour would be insane.

I'd love to see this (though I don't really care for the Offspring), but imagine the hate the GD fans would get from the 'tru punx!' crowd :rolleyes:

I think Green Day fans would get stomped on if this actual happened. This is a bit like the whole Metallica/U2/Green Day thing again...

Saying that though, I would kill to see Green Day and Rancid together... :)

Green Day ripping off Metallica :o

I was going to say something along the lines of "there is only one Big 4" then I realised Beatles fans would scorn me :P

Personally I'd love to see it just for Green Day and the Offspring. I have never really given the other 2 bands a chance yet. But in my own world I would love to see something similar to the Pop Disaster tour of 2002 again, except with Blink sub headlining before Green Day

Yeah because us Green Day fans are just delicate little flowers.

Well I am! Don't know about you...

This will not happen, ever. If I remember correctly GD doesn't like The Offspring and Bad Religion are bitter at Green Day for never giving them an opening spot on the American Idiot tour. And besides, it would be lame. I say bring on another The Living End\Green Day tour! ;)

Would be quite cool to see Rancid but not so much Bad Religion. And I would have to bring some earplugs along for The Offspring because they're awful. Plus the more bands there are the less Green Day there is :P. Seems pretty much impossible that this would ever happen tbh.

If it did though, and I went to it, I wouldn't care if other fans there were wankers lol. I'd be amused. Just like I was amused by the (small number of) wanker Green Day fans I encountered at the shows I attended.

Yeah because us Green Day fans are just delicate little flowers.

I know I am! lol

But I really don't like those 3 bands, specially Offspring, they're awful live!

Hmmm, If something like this would even happen at all, I'd only go for Green Day and Rancid.

I wish The Living End did a world tour with Green Day. Epic shows right there!

The big four would be more of Green Day, Blink 182, Rancid and The Offspring imo. Although I can't see Blink fitting in with them now though.

This would be a cool tour, regardless, but it would probably never happen, especially since Green Day and Offspring don't like each other.

That would be insane! :dance: (though I prefer NOFX to Rancid). I don't care if GD has to share the stage with other bands. This would be an awesome show with 4 legends from the 90s punk. Sick!

As much as I want it to happen, I don't think it has a real chance, because I know the personal differences between the bands are pretty big. =/

I've dreamt about this for years, but I would have Green Day, Rancid and NOFX!!! Been a huge fan since mid 90's of all these bands, and met all of them except Billie...:-(

I can't imagine how expensive a ticket to a show like this would be /: I'm perfectly content with a Green Day only headlining tour ;)

That would be an embarrassing tour

Green Day fans would swallow the venue whole.

The other bands wouldn't stand a chance

Oh my, this would be chaos. We'd have the surfers for the Offspring, the holier-than-though Bad Religion kids, the Operation Ivy fans bitter that Jesse Michaels isn't in Rancid (me), and the til-death Green Day fans (also me). Somehow, I can't imagine it ending well.

We'd have to go in a big gang, so the other fans can't weave through the crowd killing us one by one.

I don't mind Bad Religion but I'm not interested enough to see them live. Just a Green Day show would be better :P

This... would not be cool. We'd either get killed because we aren't "true punk", or as Kelsey said, we'd just be the entire venue. Not to mention, I hate it when there are so many bands like that. Green Day needs to play 3 hours minimum. :P

i think this would be fucking AWESOME :D but i dont know if its the best idea, or how well the fans will mix

I'd rather Green Day just kept doing their own thing for now. I'd like to see this happen at some stage but not anytime soon.

I checked the facebook page that started this too and it only has 900 or so fans. That's hardly a huge demand.

“The Big 4 of ’90s Punk Rock” gains controversy

You’ve all heard the news about this tour called “The Big 4 of ’90s Punk Rock” (featuring Bad Religion, The Offspring, Green Day and Rancid), right? Well, apparently it has gained controversy. People have been posting comments on the tour’s Facebook page asking why NOFX are not part of the “Big 4″.

http://dyingscene.co...ns-controversy/

Archived