Sign in to follow this  
Fuzz

2011/09/22 - 1-2-3-4 Go! Records, Oakland, California, USA

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

I'm interested in who the audience were, like what old east bay bands was represented there? Anyone you know the names of??

Green Day.

Katarina.

That's what all of their concerts should be called from now on.

"oh hey, they've announced new Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation dates! woo"

"man, last night's Green Day Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation event was awesome!"

etc.

That would be great.

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I'm going to a Green Day BAMF Appreciation event, it's gonna be awesome!!"

• Like 1

That would be great.

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I'm going to a Green Day BAMF Appreciation event, it's gonna be awesome!!"

Oh wow, I hadn't even realized that the acronym of Bay Area Music Fan is BAMF. That's just perfect. Almost too perfect to be coincidental.

pasalaska

Oh wow, I hadn't even realized that the acronym of Bay Area Music Fan is BAMF. That's just perfect. Almost too perfect to be coincidental.

exactly what I was thinking :o

Katarina.

I know :lol: Can you imagine buying merch at one of those shows, and everyone is walking around in shirts saying "BAMF". Yeah, great.

Green Day BAMF Community..

I know :lol: Can you imagine buying merch at one of those shows, and everyone is walking around in shirts saying "BAMF". Yeah, great.

"I was at the BAMFs meeting"

edit: my God, I've been getting so many page owns lately. =/

melissawebster

Then you'd get people bitching "OMG WHY DOESN'T THE BAY AREA MUSIC FAN APPRECIATION COME TO -suburban town here- WHAT ASSHOLES"

Hey, I resemble that remark. :P

norcalgreendayfan

Oh I like it. I like it very much. I think you ought to have informed Mr Dirnt that it's time for a hair change though. People are going to think his lovechild's competing on Strictly or he's had a breakdown and become a Britney impersonator.

:lol: I'll be sure to inform him next time I see him if his hair is still long, and I'll be sure to let him know the message came from you.

People keep talking about Tony being there. Who's Tony? Is he on GDC?

Yes Tony is Packers182 on here. He just doesn't come in and post that often.

lizziebix

Yes Tony is Packers182 on here. He just doesn't come in and post that often.

Thanks for the clarification, Jerry!

norcalgreendayfan
When they all left the concert, Billie left in a cute teeny blue mini.

This. It was an absolute panic situation!

Awwww a cute teeny blue mini for cute teeny Billie.

Oh man that was a panic situation I was at work wondering how am I going to get it printed out and notarised in time with no access to the Internet. Lucky one of my co-workers let me send it to his work email so I can print it out and get the forms filled out and notarised by one of the assistant managers.

Thanks for the clarification, Jerry!

you welcome Mar :)

IscoredWaddlesgoals

:lol: I'll be sure to inform him next time I see him if his hair is still long, and I'll be sure to let him know the message came from you.

Well what with this & The Frustrators, you're practically his best mate. If his other so called 'friends' won't break it to him, I think you should. And tell him to send me some of those star socks he did.

Underbelly

People keep talking about Tony being there. Who's Tony? Is he on GDC?

I just just met him that night- thanks for letting me hold Tre's drumstick Tony!!!

norcalgreendayfan

Well what with this & The Frustrators, you're practically his best mate. If his other so called 'friends' won't break it to him, I think you should. And tell him to send me some of those star socks he did.

Oh yeah we are just practically BFFs :lol: I guess I should do it and I will see what he can do about the star socks ;)

Satan

OMG BAMF! mind. blown.

i see slogan-at-the-top-of-the-page-next-to-the-logo-potential

Mozzabillie

Oh I like it. I like it very much. I think you ought to have informed Mr Dirnt that it's time for a hair change though. People are going to think his lovechild's competing on Strictly or he's had a breakdown and become a Britney impersonator.

I think the hair makes him look somewhat like Shaggy from Scooby Doo which is not necessarily a bad thing. He is awesome with any haircut, though!

Underbelly

They did Paper Lanterns, St. Jimmy & American Idiot apparently. Let Yourself Go and Carpe Diem were two new ones not played at Tiki *unless the names changed*

Is there any human being who was at both Tiki AND this thing? Jesus, I hope not, I'd die of jealousy.

BOTH of the people I was hanging out did!!! I would have been jealous but was too happy

Underbelly

Thanks Kairi! I hope your friend is doing well :happy: I actually just went to a cancer benefit for this little girl with a brain tumor and there were local kid bands there playing basically all Green Day songs. I was moshing out hardcore with no one at all haha.

Sounds like the song must have been really upbeat, or at least really moving! I like lyrics that make me think.

She is, and it was!

Underbelly

So I am realizing two funny things-

A) This place was so epic that we would rather die than get kicked out. Other than concertkid's pix,and the 123GO facebook pix, there is NOTHING out there. Everyone was having too good a time to record or snap anything. Also, it was so small you were never more than 5-10 feet from security. I have been on and off thenet all day- looking at IC, on here, on Youtube, anywhere- and it is a desert out there. Will have to keep this one etched in my own brain forever.

B) It was Green Day rave. You get a secret message on the Internet, go to a secret location where you have to follow somone you don't know into a kind of dodgy-looking alley in Oakland, get let in an unmarked side door to a warehousy space that was hand-built by the performers....then you dance all night until you are drenched in sweat and about to fall over. Then the neighbors call the cops with a noise complaint. (That's why they told us we had to leave really quickly afterward, and cleared the back fenced-in area out) The ecstasy was all-natural, though-just from the wild excitement of all the fans with a beer chaser!

Edited by kairi
  • Like 4

Jack

HEY......i was looking at the few pictures we have and REALIZED SOMETHING: the logo on the wall and the logo on tre's bass drum are the same.....coincidence? its that skeleton logo....NEW LOGO?!?!....let the speculation begin.

5xk07m.jpg

pasalaska
Then the neighbors call the cops with a noise complaint. (That's why they told us we had to leave really quickly afterward, and cleared the back fenced-in area out)

heh, really?

The sceptic in me is thinking they told you that just so you'd leave and not loiter looking for band memebers, but still, that's pretty damn funny :lol:

HEY......i was looking at the few pictures we have and REALIZED SOMETHING: the logo on the wall and the logo on tre's bass drum are the same.....coincidence? its that skeleton logo....NEW LOGO?!?!....let the speculation begin.

http://i56.tinypic.com/5xk07m.jpg

That's 1-2-3-4 GO! Records' label...

Jack

That's 1-2-3-4 GO! Records' label...

You're probably right, I just don't see why it would be on Tre's drum set....it doesn't seem like he'd just slap a record store sticker right on the front of his bass drum, but i don't know

melissawebster

You're probably right, I just don't see why it would be on Tre's drum set....it doesn't seem like he'd just slap a record store sticker right on the front of his bass drum, but i don't know

I think they were just promoting the venue. Someone said they were trying to promote it as a place for local punk bands to play.

pasalaska

I am right, it's their logo. The drum set was probably a house drum set, or, GD donated it to the store (which is more than likely seeing as they helped build the stage and are promoting the venue through this gig)

http://www.1234gorecords.com/catalog/

Just look at their website banner :thumbsup:

Jack

I think they were just promoting the venue. Someone said they were trying to promote it as a place for local punk bands to play.

Yeah that makes sense....just the eager fan in me wants to think new logo + new songs + secret shows = new album/tour :wub:

I am right, it's their logo. The drum set was probably a house drum set, or, GD donated it to the store (which is more than likely seeing as they helped build the stage and are promoting the venue through this gig)

http://www.1234gorecords.com/catalog/

Just look at their website banner :thumbsup:

aw :/ oh well, one can hope haha

Underbelly

It looked spray-painted on

Sign in to follow this