Sign in to follow this  
Fuzz

2011/09/22 - 1-2-3-4 Go! Records, Oakland, California, USA

Marki.

Also, I want to know what led up to Mike renaming the band. So much better than Green Day don't you think ?

Ofc, I think it sounds much more interesting :whistle

People are going to think his lovechild's competing on Strictly or he's had a breakdown and become a Britney impersonator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're awesome.

• Like 1

melissawebster

Thanks for the updates to all those who went to the show! Hope we get one or two songs with lyrics or a video or two, but it looks like they're keeping it tight this time around.

ATTENTION GREEN DAY: We want a show on the Gulf Coast. Please, please, please, PLEASE!!! :help: :help: :help:

I double dawg dare ya. :P

gmcloughlin

I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised by how quickly this place calmed down after this show, compared to the aftermath of the Tiki Bar show :P

Guest EDIT

Yeah, people seemed to care a LOT less than the Tiki Bar surprise one.

XxRedundantCastaway86xX

Wow, well this became longer than I thought but in summary: it was the best experience and show ever, with the most awesome band ever, in the best possible place. If you have any questions, fire away!

Did you happen to notice anyone using their phone frequently, like in a "I'm secretly recording audio!" kind of way?

• Like 3

lizziebix

I think there was more advanced notice on the Tiki Bar show so the thread had more time to explode longer. This happened and ended pretty fast.

Tubbie Head

That's because this time we already knew they were playing new songs, the song titles (most of them) and stuff like that! :P

^ and also that! hah

Did you happen to notice anyone using their phone frequently, like in a "I'm secretly recording audio!" kind of way?

I'd love to know that too

ReplaceableWren

I think there was more advanced notice on the Tiki Bar show so the thread had more time to explode longer. This happened and ended pretty fast.

I also think there was less people in general, and way less people who are fans only and not just family and friends. This show was held where they've spent a lot of their lives. There were a lot of people I saw that are just part of the magic of the bay area scene, like a lot of my friends who used to work at Green Day's old merch company with me, Jesse Luscious from Blatz/The Criminals and other members of old bay area bands, BJA's family as a lot of people have already mentioned, people like that.

Hermione

I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised by how quickly this place calmed down after this show, compared to the aftermath of the Tiki Bar show :P

That's because after the Tiki Bar show we had recordings of new songs :woot::dance::banana: to listen to!

farley drexel hatcher

Yeah, and there really isn't that much to talk about now as most of it seems to have been said XD

LauraG

I'm so glad they played Stay The Night because I've loved that song since the very first time I heard it :wub: I hope it ends up in the next record! :dance:

Underbelly

I got all excited about the Jason thing without reading the small print...EPIC FAIL on my part! I think it would be awesome if it was actually true though! :) (/unpopular opinion)

Me too! I've always kind of liked jason, and this show made me really adore him! He just played with this little smile and just looked so content. My daughter and I were just talking about this this morning, we've always wondered why he isn't part of the band...he's always there....I've heard that Billie would let him in in a heartbeat. I want to know if maybe he doesn't want all the hoopla of being a "rock star". When they all left the concert, Billie left in a cute teeny blue mini, Tre had a really new/nice shiny black car, Mike had a huge shiny black SUV (we were leaning on it after the show and didnt even know it was his!) and then Jason comes out in this beat up looking early 90s looking silver sedan. (can you tell I am not a car person?) It looked like a Buick or an Oldsmobile my auntie would have. The paint was kind of crummy. Not classic, just old. It seemed wrong. Maybe he is just a simple guy? He is an amazing guitar player, he totally carries that part while Billie is running around and up to all his antics. Pinhead Gunpowder is amazing. I'm just kind of intrigued by him. What is his deal? He NEVER says anything. It makes me want to know more about him.

Another thought: when I got in line behind the record store, the 3 people in front of me looked at me, and I just said "fuck!" They looked at me like "what??" so I said something like "oh my god just the whole thing to get to this event (didn't know at the time it was a concert lol). One of them said "were you almost in an accident getting here?" and I said "no, just the whole getting the forms notarized in time and everything." They again looked at me like WHAT??? So I said "oh, you didn't get on the guest list through the idiot club?", and they're like, "No." Luckily, right after that wonderfully awkward conversation, I spotted Tony (not too hard to spot in his red Green Day shirt), and went up with him. We were both in shock that we were there, and knew what we had each gone through during the last 7 hours--emailing our entry, waiting over 4 hours for the email that we got in, desperately scrambling to get the forms notarized and faxed/emailed on time, waiting for the email that they received our forms and with instructions, and getting to the venue. I still cant believe I got in, and how incredible it all was.

This. It was an absolute panic situation!

lizziebix

People keep talking about Tony being there. Who's Tony? Is he on GDC?

geekjimbreath

No... i didn't notice anyone recording either video or audio, I did notice at least one person taking a few pics, guessing that was concertkid

pasalaska

Me too! I've always kind of liked jason, and this show made me really adore him! He just played with this little smile and just looked so content. My daughter and I were just talking about this this morning, we've always wondered why he isn't part of the band...he's always there....I've heard that Billie would let him in in a heartbeat. I want to know if maybe he doesn't want all the hoopla of being a "rock star". When they all left the concert, Billie left in a cute teeny blue mini, Tre had a really new/nice shiny black car, Mike had a huge shiny black SUV (we were leaning on it after the show and didnt even know it was his!) and then Jason comes out in this beat up looking early 90s looking silver sedan. (can you tell I am not a car person?) It looked like a Buick or an Oldsmobile my auntie would have. The paint was kind of crummy. Not classic, just old. It seemed wrong. Maybe he is just a simple guy? He is an amazing guitar player, he totally carries that part while Billie is running around and up to all his antics. Pinhead Gunpowder is amazing. I'm just kind of intrigued by him. What is his deal? He NEVER says anything. It makes me want to know more about him.

You should try and get your hands on a copy of the Fluke magazine that had the Jason interview in it - GDA's sold out of it, but it was a great interview that had some great insights into Jason's world.

People keep talking about Tony being there. Who's Tony? Is he on GDC?

I think Tony's actually Jerry (seeing as I saw 'Tony' and then (norcalgreendayfan) written next to it) :lol:

• Like 1

lizziebix

I think Tony's actually Jerry (seeing as I saw 'Tony' and then (norcalgreendayfan) written next to it) :lol:

That was my assumption too, but I thought I'd ask just in case there was another GDC'er there we didn't know about! Thanks Aska!

blitzkriegdeb

Still love that the whole "Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation" title was pretty much flushed down the toilet as soon as it appeared on the Idiot Club.

pasalaska

Still love that the whole "Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation" title was pretty much flushed down the toilet as soon as it appeared on the Idiot Club.

That's what all of their concerts should be called from now on.

"oh hey, they've announced new Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation dates! woo"

"man, last night's Green Day Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation event was awesome!"

etc.

• Like 4

blitzkriegdeb

That's what all of their concerts should be called from now on.

"oh hey, they've announced new Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation dates! woo"

"man, last night's Green Day Bay Area Music Fan Appreciation event was awesome!"

etc.

Then you'd get people bitching "OMG WHY DOESN'T THE BAY AREA MUSIC FAN APPRECIATION COME TO -suburban town here- WHAT ASSHOLES"

• Like 2

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

I do wonder who "Jerry" is, then, since it said 'Tony (norcalgreendayfan) and Jerry' :lol:

• Like 1

pasalaska
This is completely random, but I was watching Hitchin' a Ride from Wembley 2010 and I saw you on the lcd screen... I felt it's necessary to point that out, lol

:o really? do you have the link for the video? awesome!

Then you'd get people bitching "OMG WHY DOESN'T THE BAY AREA MUSIC FAN APPRECIATION COME TO -suburban town here- WHAT ASSHOLES"

:lol: :lol:

I do wonder who "Jerry" is, then, since it said 'Tony (norcalgreendayfan) and Jerry' :lol:

Yeah, I noticed that too :blink:

laurelw

Geez, I'm embarrassed! Jerry is norcalgreendayfan. And I can't remember Tony's board name, but he's an awesome GDC'er. Guess I'm getting old...luckily not too old for the pit though haha.

cabot_girl

I'm interested in who the audience were, like what old east bay bands was represented there? Anyone you know the names of??

Sign in to follow this