Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Fuzz

2011/09/22 - 1-2-3-4 Go! Records, Oakland, California, USA

WestboundSign!

That photo was so cute, another Green Day fan in the making with your daughter.

That was exactly what I thought! :happy:

• Like 1

Underbelly

I remember you, you asked me if I was your friend Charles from high school :)

I remember! But now I can put a face to the name and keep fingers crossed for Sacramento next year.....or have carpool buddies.

• Like 1

Stormy Haze

Hi guys, here's my recap from last night, it was incredible... reposted from my post on the IC forums.

Awesome recap, thanks a lot!

He also wouldn't play "Fuck Time" the first time someone asked- he said we all needed some foreplay first "you have to lick it before you stick it" Eep!

:lol:

The songs sounded amazing, it was like if Foxboro and Green Day made a baby, thats what they popped out..

I can't wait to hear these new songs!

OH! and one other thing I really loved- it was so delicious just to see how they interacted with each other, it was so casual they were making decisions on the spot about what to play next, joking around, riffing on each other's music. One song they just wrote, Billlie had to start about 5 times and Tre was teasing him about it. They really were just 4 good friends hanging out and playing music for a bunch of their buddies. I will ALWAYS buy a record from Dirty Mike and the Boys. :wub:

Tré :wub: This will be always my favourite thing about Green Day, their interaction, their friendship, their passion for the music they play together.
  • Like 1

solongfromthestars

My daughter did this for me while I was at the show last night:

Aww! That's so sweet. :lol:

Thanks everyone who's taken the time to write recaps, they're all really cool. I just can't wait to hear all this new stuff!

• Like 1

GuitarPunk94

im so fucking jelaous about this whole thing :)

but im so glad that we have those videos from the tiki bar show..its just a good feeling to hear new stuff of GD, and maybe to hear a few songs which will be on new album next year

DecanoLP

I think if I had to place the feel of the new songs in their past catalog, most feel like they could have come out of the Insomniac/Nimrod/Warning era sonically speaking, with at least one feeling distinctly Dookie-ish to my ears. There was one song that sounded similar to Cigarettes and Valentines, sorry I don't know the name of it, but I loved it.

Best news of the day! Thanks so much for your recap :)

IscoredWaddlesgoals

I'm glad they learned their lesson from the last gig and got the ticket situation sorted.

Also, I want to know what led up to Mike renaming the band. So much better than Green Day don't you think ?

Heather.

Thanks Kairi! I hope your friend is doing well :happy: I actually just went to a cancer benefit for this little girl with a brain tumor and there were local kid bands there playing basically all Green Day songs. I was moshing out hardcore with no one at all haha.

Sounds like the song must have been really upbeat, or at least really moving! I like lyrics that make me think.

Metanoia

Ooooookay I gotta be honest I don't want to go through the past 35 pages so is there anything important/mentionable in here, that isn' on GDA already?

Thanks guys! :lol:

• Like 2

Breath.

Ooooookay I gotta be honest I don't want to go through the past 35 pages so is there anything important/mentionable in here, that isn' on GDA already?

THIS

pasalaska

THIS

Jason's become an official member of Green Day, as announced by Billie!

I lied. There's nothing important not on GDA.

• Like 1

Guest EDIT

I'm now going to shoot myself.

XxRedundantCastaway86xX

I'm now going to shoot myself.

Read the fine print, broseph.

Guest EDIT

Read the fine print, broseph.

Yep, now I look like a jackass. Yep

Tripe

That's a great recap! I think I enjoy reading the personal stories of everyone finding out they had a ticket and struggling to get there as much as I like reading recaps of the actual playing. :)

Love all your thoughts and details.

Loved your recap! Thanks so much for sharing. Your daughter was so sweet to get on the forum and post what was happening for you that night.

• Like 2

Disapperingirl

My daughter did this for me while I was at the show last night:

i-R6DCM4J-M.jpg

Your daughter is just adorable, tell her that she's talented at drawing :wub::lol:

I'd love to have a GD fan as father :pinch:

• Like 1

Metanoia

:lol:

Okay thanks a lot ;)

Hermione

Thanks you guys! Two more random thoughts about last night that just came to me, Billie Joe played the first riff of Day Tripper by the Beatles I think right after his joke about Beatles the White album, and there was a mention of Neil Peart- the drummer of Rush, I think Billie said something like Tre is the Neil Peart of Green Day and Tre did a gag me motion with his hand.

Hahaha! That's gotta be the best thing about seeing them in a small place, seeing them interact and joke and banter back and forth with each other. And I'd love to hear them play Day Tripper, I used to be able to play it on piano lol. Getting to hear details like that from you guys is brilliant :happy:

I'm glad they learned their lesson from the last gig and got the ticket situation sorted.

Also, I want to know what led up to Mike renaming the band. So much better than Green Day don't you think ?

I concur. Billie's said he thinks the name Green Day's lame, time for a change I think :D

LinziLetterbomb

I got all excited about the Jason thing without reading the small print...EPIC FAIL on my part! I think it would be awesome if it was actually true though! :) (/unpopular opinion)

• Like 1

norcalgreendayfan

Well I knew you would like it, mike was looking cute to with his hair grown out.

geekjimbreath

I remember! But now I can put a face to the name and keep fingers crossed for Sacramento next year.....or have carpool buddies.

Absolutely have my fingers crossed, I cant wait for the next show, where ever it ends up being, nice to know we have carpool options too :)

• Like 1

Tubbie Head

Thanks for the last reviews! Wow, must have been such an awesome show =D

laurelw

Another thought: when I got in line behind the record store, the 3 people in front of me looked at me, and I just said "fuck!" They looked at me like "what??" so I said something like "oh my god just the whole thing to get to this event (didn't know at the time it was a concert lol). One of them said "were you almost in an accident getting here?" and I said "no, just the whole getting the forms notarized in time and everything." They again looked at me like WHAT??? So I said "oh, you didn't get on the guest list through the idiot club?", and they're like, "No." Luckily, right after that wonderfully awkward conversation, I spotted Tony (not too hard to spot in his red Green Day shirt), and went up with him. We were both in shock that we were there, and knew what we had each gone through during the last 7 hours--emailing our entry, waiting over 4 hours for the email that we got in, desperately scrambling to get the forms notarized and faxed/emailed on time, waiting for the email that they received our forms and with instructions, and getting to the venue. I still cant believe I got in, and how incredible it all was.

Edited by laurelw
  • Like 1

IscoredWaddlesgoals

Well I knew you would like it, mike was looking cute to with his hair grown out.

Oh I like it. I like it very much. I think you ought to have informed Mr Dirnt that it's time for a hair change though. People are going to think his lovechild's competing on Strictly or he's had a breakdown and become a Britney impersonator.

Sign in to follow this