Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
2359 replies to this topic

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,473 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,358 rep

My little sister accidentally overheard me and my older sister talking about getting high so now I have to be nice to her for the next 4 years because she is a vindictive piece of shit teenager who can and will use this against me if I ever so much as annoy her and then mum will find out and I will be disowned.

My brother found the remains of a bag of weed in my room one day, it was quite well hidden too so I don't know how. Originally I was gonna offer to share it with him to share a brotherly moment but he ran to my Mam and ratted me out. She flipped and he thought he won. But after about an hour of conversation I got my weed back and he got all pissed that I wasn't grounded.

Also had it in tea for the first time a couple of days ago, that was nice. Only gave me a mild little buzz and it tasted cool. I'll be doing that again!

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Always You, Never A Replacement

• 10,628 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,035 rep

Okay, okay, so. I went over to my mate's house the night before I left for the weekend and he had a bit so we ended up smoking all of it. It was my first time and I didn't really know what to expect, so I was just laying with him in his bed waiting to feel different but I basically just felt happy and relaxed. I don't feel like I really lost any control or anything, being drunk definitely alters my state of consciousness more. It did lower my inhibitions a bit, but not enough to make me do anything irresponsible. I didn't feel super-relaxed, but I was definitely more giggly (if that's humanly possible for me) and then he and I did stuff and it was fine but it didn't feel different or anything. The only thing that was really noticeable and distinctive for me was that I couldn't track conversations and we were watching TV for a bit and I couldn't remember the dialogue or follow the story line. The best part was not having a hangover after and I went to sleep really quickly once I got sleepy :happy: 

• November's Storms likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • what is edd may never die

• 15,088 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,070 rep
^ that can happen on your first time, that you don't really feel much. i didn't tbh but now i smoke a lot and i get noticeably ~stoned and really sleepy. the whole storyline thing still happens to me though :P and i don't think anyone's ever got a hangover off weed?? there's whiteying but that's different.

source: smoking as i type this

Edited by johndorkian, 30 June 2014 - 09:43 AM.

• Dai. and Lady Nightlife like this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 10,628 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,035 rep

^ that can happen on your first time, that you don't really feel much. i didn't tbh but now i smoke a lot and i get noticeably ~stoned and really sleepy. the whole storyline thing still happens to me though :P and i don't think anyone's ever got a hangover off weed?? there's whiteying but that's different.

Yeah, the hangover bit was basically me comparing how I feel after getting wasted to how I felt after smoking :P but yeah, hopefully next time I'll feel it more! I remember reading something about your brain getting more sensitive to the TCH or something the more you smoke?

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,292 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,625 rep

This weekend I spent 12 hours in a one bedroom apartment smoking weed non-fucking-stop with a cute guy, mostly in bed. It was great and I can't help it, if the place and time is right, I love getting fucked up like that. We thought about going out to buy snacks a couple of times, but decided we'd better stay inside and get high some more.

However being stoned non-stop for so many hours does take its toll on the mind, so I didn't smoke last night at all, not even to sleep, and I haven't smoked today yet. 

• Lady Nightlife likes this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,935 rep

Yeah, the hangover bit was basically me comparing how I feel after getting wasted to how I felt after smoking :P but yeah, hopefully next time I'll feel it more! I remember reading something about your brain getting more sensitive to the TCH or something the more you smoke?

yes exactly it took me 3-4 times before i felt anything 

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,690 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 668 rep
I bought a beautiful new bong and tomorrow for Canada day Vancouver does cannabis day too which is pretty much just like 420. So there are going to be thousands of people downtown and a farmers market to buy weed and edibles and everything :D
  • November's Storms likes this

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,155 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,161 rep

Way less stoned than usual but it's better to be chill than philisophical sometimes. 

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,473 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,358 rep

Glad you had a positive first time! Weed doesn't really do anything, not in smaller doses anyway. It's not gonna make you trip out and see blue elephants flying around, it just makes things a little slower and nicer, for me anyway.

^ that can happen on your first time, that you don't really feel much. i didn't tbh but now i smoke a lot and i get noticeably ~stoned and really sleepy. the whole storyline thing still happens to me though :P and i don't think anyone's ever got a hangover off weed?? there's whiteying but that's 

I've had some sort of hangover once, a few weeks ago. Got pretty high one night and normallly it's gone in the morning but I was working early and in the office my head was banging like a motherfucker. It could have been just a headache because of lack of sleep or paranoia because I still had some lingering effects but that wasn't too nice.

johndorkian

johndorkian

• 15,088 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,070 rep

oop fair enough! yeah once you get more used to it and more acclimatised to the effects then you'll definitely start to notice/feel it more. different strains also produce different highs, and i find that there are some that don't agree with me properly or just don't do anything unless i smoke loads.

I've had some sort of hangover once, a few weeks ago. Got pretty high one night and normallly it's gone in the morning but I was working early and in the office my head was banging like a motherfucker. It could have been just a headache because of lack of sleep or paranoia because I still had some lingering effects but that wasn't too nice.

yeah i get that sometimes too but it's normally because i get too stoned before bed and then sleep too long and wake up with a headache. that can happen without weed too though so i don't really think it counts. sometimes i wake up still feeling kinda stoned but that's usually when i smoke and drink and wake up still drunk.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,614 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,311 rep

I've woken up a little off having smoked plenty of times. Just a little slower than usual. Normally wears off after water and some food. 

I'm really glad I don't smoke as much now - only once every few months. Even just twice or three times a week, in hindsight, I got lazy and demotivated, and just just a bit slower all-round. It does make me wonder just how safe it is regularly. It can't be smoked as regularly as alcohol can be drank and not end up with worse effects on the body and mind. Lil, I'd really say cut it out to once a month max if you go to you, cause I can see you going the other way. Especially cause you've got a ~ predilection for mental health problems ~ which, by the way, it 100% makes worse in every single way. At uni it's too easy to go too deep. Every single person I know who has ever smoked weed every single day for a longer period than a couple of weeks of their lives has ended up in a far shitter life position than everyone else around them. I do love a smoke, it's a fucking nice thing to do once in a while, but you're just kidding yourself if it's more regularly. Especially if it's on your own regularly. That is when you simply need to stop, cause it's pure escapism. 

• captain peroxide likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian

• 15,088 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,070 rep

I've woken up a little off having smoked plenty of times. Just a little slower than usual. Normally wears off after water and some food. 

I'm really glad I don't smoke as much now - only once every few months. Even just twice or three times a week, in hindsight, I got lazy and demotivated, and just just a bit slower all-round. It does make me wonder just how safe it is regularly. It can't be smoked as regularly as alcohol can be drank and not end up with worse effects on the body and mind. Lil, I'd really say cut it out to once a month max if you go to you, cause I can see you going the other way. Especially cause you've got a ~ predilection for mental health problems ~ which, by the way, it 100% makes worse in every single way. At uni it's too easy to go too deep. Every single person I know who has ever smoked weed every single day for a longer period than a couple of weeks of their lives has ended up in a far shitter life position than everyone else around them. I do love a smoke, it's a fucking nice thing to do once in a while, but you're just kidding yourself if it's more regularly. Especially if it's on your own regularly. That is when you simply need to stop, cause it's pure escapism. 

yeah i totally understand your point man, i've been feeling that way myself recently. i've been scaling it back over the past few weeks and trying to cut down, but i recently came to terms with the fact that i'm not neurotypical - whole other story - and i think that affects how i respond to weed to be honest. i realise this will sound daft but even though i have a predilection for mental health issues, weed quiets a lot of them - it calms down my anxiety loads, i can concentrate better, and i haven't had anywhere near as many disturbing dreams or nightmares since i started smoking regularly (whereas before it'd be five nights a week i'd wake up sweating at daft o'clock and be panicking too much to get back to sleep). smoking weed doesn't affect my life negatively nearly as much as out of control anxiety does, so i find in that way it helps me, but as i say i'm scaling back at the moment cause college has got a bit more intense. on the flip side though i've found my work in certain subjects/areas is better if i do it high. i know that sounds stupid and like i'm trying to justify it but i can concentrate better and i get much more into a task if i have half a spliff beforehand - especially with english lit, my analysis comes along leaps and bounds if i'm a little high. i don't go to college high or anything though because i'm not an idiot, i mostly smoke in the evenings now and hardly ever when i'm alone unless i can't sleep. it's a social thing for me, even if i'm only with one person i get very nervous and anxious and weed relaxes it. i am a little bit dependent, i'm aware of that, but there's no personality change between being high and not being high (i.e. moody when i can't have a joint) - according to most of my friends and family. but yeah my aim for the summer is to leave it alone a little bit and use it on more of a reward system or if my anxiety/depression is playing up and fucking with me. i don't even have my own dealer so it shouldn't be too hard. plus it's a fucking expensive habit.

whoops i accidentally wrote an essay.

Edited by johndorkian, 01 July 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,690 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 668 rep
Bought 8 grams, 6 cookies, a brownie and an infused iced tea at the festival downtown today and the weather is beautiful :happy:

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,614 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,311 rep

Spoiler

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• 21,062 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,778 rep
i made my brother give me a joint earlier this week and i'm really looking forward to getting off work today and going home and relaxing :happy: since i never smoke these days it only takes like two hits and i'm set which is nice. pretty sure i've eaten all the food in my house this week tho
  • Céadóg likes this

Advertising

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,003 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,508 rep

my new baby! his name is hendrix :) 

Spoiler

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,690 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 668 rep
Bought this really nice bong two weeks ago and our roommates broke it while we were away this past weekend :(

Spoiler

They bought us a new one to replace it but its way taller and not as nice waaah
Spoiler

And then yesterday after using it for the first time my boyfriend broke our bowl and downstem so we need to go get a new one of those too oh god.

Dai.

Dai.
  • Sleepwalking

• 22,292 posts
  • Joined Mar 01, 2006
  • 3,625 rep

Aw fuck, that first thing looks amazing.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Tear down the wall!

• 17,439 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,888 rep
I'm up to one bong, one chillum, and like 4 bowls?
Gonna be smoking with some new people tomorrow so that's pretty exciting :happy:

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 10,628 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,035 rep

So, I got together with a chick from my job and smoked with her last night. It was wayyyy better than last time for a couple of reasons.

First, the weed just seemed.... fresh? I'm really new to this and know next to nothing about it, but it wasn't ground up yet or anything. So, she ground it up right there and we smoked it and it was great. I also did a ton more hits because my friend last time only had a tiny bit and this girl had bags and bags of it laying around :lol:

Anyway, I definitely felt "high" or whatever, it was cool because everything was amusing but I didn't really feel the need to say anything to anybody. Just kind of sat around feeling relaxed and chilled out and sort of sleepy. I know my reactions were slowed way down but I didn't really care. It was really nice because I'm such a high energy and intense person 24/7 and it was nice to just not be for awhile. I don't really remember much of what we talked about/what happened. As soon as I got home I passed the fuck out and it was hard to wake up this morning, but not in a bad way. I feel way slower this morning, too, and I'm still not tracking everything I'm told/everything that happens which is panicking me out a bit but I'm sure it'll wear off as the day goes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users