Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fitness Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
4267 replies to this topic

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Fuck You

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,806 rep

Those are the absolute worst! Like a lunge and then you jump and land in a lunge with the different leg, right? They still kill my legs and butt after like 20 seconds already :lol:

Those are the ones! They make us do sets of 20 in MMA warm up sometimes = hell. 

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,220 rep

Single leg squats are even worse.  :sick:

Had a good leg day today. Squatted for the first time in almost a month. Form was a little out - possibly fatigue, but it'll be good to work towards getting it bang on again. My knee seems to be behaving (still going to go to the doctor about it) for the weights stuff, still squiffy for running. 

I've been chatting to one of the PTs at my gym who's a friend. Considering taking up sparring once a week for my cardio. I need something that'll keep my engaged. Circuits will bore me before too long. 

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Fuck You

• 18,237 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,806 rep

Single leg squats are even worse.  :sick:

Had a good leg day today. Squatted for the first time in almost a month. Form was a little out - possibly fatigue, but it'll be good to work towards getting it bang on again. My knee seems to be behaving (still going to go to the doctor about it) for the weights stuff, still squiffy for running. 

I've been chatting to one of the PTs at my gym who's a friend. Considering taking up sparring once a week for my cardio. I need something that'll keep my engaged. Circuits will bore me before too long. 

I can't do them. I managed about 30cm in Judo last night before I fell over. And if I do managed to get down I can't get back up again! :P

Also Sparring? DO IT, DO IT, DO IT... what sort? Just boxing? 

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 31,081 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,904 rep
Single leg squats are tough too, but the explosive nature of jumping lunges (that largely are also single leg focussed) makes them that much harder imo!

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,331 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,220 rep

I can't do them. I managed about 30cm in Judo last night before I fell over. And if I do managed to get down I can't get back up again! :P

Also Sparring? DO IT, DO IT, DO IT... what sort? Just boxing? 

rest your 'off' leg on a bench behind you. Add a bar on your shoulders if you're feeling ambitious. Best way of doing them. Helps you maintain balance but takes none of the onus off your weight-bearing leg. 

Yeah just boxing most likely. I'm not open to kick boxing with my knee as it is. maybe once I've had something actually done to it other than just strapping it up.

• Undómiel likes this

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Fuck You

• 18,237 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,806 rep

rest your 'off' leg on a bench behind you. Add a bar on your shoulders if you're feeling ambitious. Best way of doing them. Helps you maintain balance but takes none of the onus off your weight-bearing leg. 

Yeah just boxing most likely. I'm not open to kick boxing with my knee as it is. maybe once I've had something actually done to it other than just strapping it up.

Boxing's great though, as long as you learn something outside of the rigid; 1, 2, 1, 2, 3 etc. Although having said that my left hook is a beast. What's up with your knee?

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,331 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,220 rep

Boxing's great though, as long as you learn something outside of the rigid; 1, 2, 1, 2, 3 etc. Although having said that my left hook is a beast. What's up with your knee?

It's been dodgy for years. Rugby accident I think, or a bad fall on it in icy weather springs to mind. Either way, it's been grinding like a cog since about 15. Flares up in agony when the weather turns colder, sometimes to the point where I can't have my leg straight. I have to lay with it bent or I'll be moaning in agony. I walk with a limp most days the temperature is under 8 degrees. It's fine with load bearing - since I've started training legs over the last two years it has become much better in general because here is more muscular support, but the joint itself needs looking at. It's something I never got round do, but I will when I get time off during half term.

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Fuck You

• 18,237 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,806 rep

It's been dodgy for years. Rugby accident I think, or a bad fall on it in icy weather springs to mind. Either way, it's been grinding like a cog since about 15. Flares up in agony when the weather turns colder, sometimes to the point where I can't have my leg straight. I have to lay with it bent or I'll be moaning in agony. I walk with a limp most days the temperature is under 8 degrees. It's fine with load bearing - since I've started training legs over the last two years it has become much better in general because here is more muscular support, but the joint itself needs looking at. It's something I never got round do, but I will when I get time off during half term.

Ouch! Sounds pretty sucky :/. I have cartilage problems with my right knee that gets worse when it's damp, but nothing like that! Hope they can fix when you go get it checked. :)

• Comrade likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users