Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fitness Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
4255 replies to this topic

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,336 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,968 rep

Don't even get me started about whether its easy to put weight on :mad: :P

Curling tonight didn't turn out to be as much exercise as I hoped because my fingers and toes were so fucking cold I couldn't even be bothered to chase the rock and sweep.

Negative Creep

Negative Creep
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Joined Jul 18, 2013
  • 528 rep

Today I ran my first mile in about 10 minutes. I'm not too sure how "good" that is but fuck I'm proud of myself. 

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Outlander

• 18,221 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,800 rep
Things like running etc. are not about how "good" something is compared to others. It's whether it's good for you and what you want to achieve.

Maid Meringue

Maid Meringue
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2014
  • 270 rep

Is anyone doing Fit Girl's Guide? Apparently it has a huge cult/following on Instagram and from what I've read, it is a good way to get on track. 
(the only thing stopping me from diving in, is having to buy ingredients for meal prep. I'm fucking broke lol) 

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,337 rep

Day 2 after that workout and my legs are STILL killing me. If I do anything even remotely resembling a squat, I feel like crying and then stop and think about if I REALLY need to complete the move. 

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Outlander

• 18,221 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,800 rep
http://www.buzzfeed....ale-cliff-diver

Ignore all the other gumf, but I quite like the look of her work out. Although I have no idea what "goblet squats" are.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,212 rep

Day 2 after that workout and my legs are STILL killing me. If I do anything even remotely resembling a squat, I feel like crying and then stop and think about if I REALLY need to complete the move. 

Sometimes it take like five days to recover from squats for me. Like my adductors (groin area) stays on fire for days after, especially if I've gone up to my maximum effort.

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,094 rep

Sometimes it take like five days to recover from squats for me. Like my adductors (groin area) stays on fire for days after, especially if I've gone up to my maximum effort.

Gotta Love the DOMS. When you feel like you have baseballs stuck in your groin and you have to walk like you just had a rough night at the frat house. I'm usually worse off two days after leg day. But for me, abdominal DOMS is absolute Hell. Like, when you work them too hard and you can't laugh for three days, or when you do laugh, you start to cry. And then they hurt more because everything hurts when your abs hurt.

It's crunch time for me. My journey to my lowest weight ends Friday and I'm hoping to see that goal crushed. I've dieted, monitored and ran my way to this point. Used caffeine to push through lethargy and mental obstacles. Even though instincts tell me to stay inside, bundle up, eat EVERYTHING and sleep all day, I have to keep going. Keep pushing forward. Full keto. Shed all water weight. Deepest stretches possible. Heightened interval training. Let's see what this body can do.

• Comrade likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,337 rep

^ that reminds me that I'm super disappointed that I haven't achieved full-blown ab soreness yet. I thought the planks were going to do it, but my abs are either stronger than I thought or I'm doing planks wrong.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,322 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,212 rep

Gotta Love the DOMS. When you feel like you have baseballs stuck in your groin and you have to walk like you just had a rough night at the frat house. I'm usually worse off two days after leg day. But for me, abdominal DOMS is absolute Hell. Like, when you work them too hard and you can't laugh for three days, or when you do laugh, you start to cry. And then they hurt more because everything hurts when your abs hurt.

Oh man, it's always the second day! Like the quads, glutes and hamstrings always die down but the groin goes on fire. Never get severe doms in my abs. A vague sort of ache that lasts a day or so, but never something acute. 

• wood likes this

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,094 rep

^ that reminds me that I'm super disappointed that I haven't achieved full-blown ab soreness yet. I thought the planks were going to do it, but my abs are either stronger than I thought or I'm doing planks wrong.

My abs typically don't get sore from planks. For me, planks are a burning out routine. I do them at the end of a workout and watch as my entire body shakes. It's crazy how difficult it is to stay in that position for too long.

"If someone tells you time goes by too fast, make them do a minute-long plank."

The power lifts (typically deadlifts and squats) get my stomach aching the next day. Crunches also work, but the best is the incline sit up while holding a weight or medicine ball. Between those and incline russian twists, you'll be feeling abs hardcore.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,337 rep

My abs typically don't get sore from planks. For me, planks are a burning out routine. I do them at the end of a workout and watch as my entire body shakes. It's crazy how difficult it is to stay in that position for too long.

"If someone tells you time goes by too fast, make them do a minute-long plank."

The power lifts (typically deadlifts and squats) get my stomach aching the next day. Crunches also work, but the best is the incline sit up while holding a weight or medicine ball. Between those and incline russian twists, you'll be feeling abs hardcore.

Funny you mentioned that, when I was doing mine the other day I was sobbing a little to myself and wondering how 45 seconds could feel SO LONG.

What are incline russian twists :ga:

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,094 rep

Funny you mentioned that, when I was doing mine the other day I was sobbing a little to myself and wondering how 45 seconds could feel SO LONG.

What are incline russian twists :ga:

Crap, I meant to say decline for every mention of the word incline! Incline russian twist ... that imagery makes me laugh.

But here's a solid example!

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,322 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,212 rep

If you do those big lifts enough it stops really hitting them, doms-wise though. If you want real hard doms on your abs, it's pure isolation. Leg raises were always the things that got me. Hanging dragon raises, bicycles and wood chops are a golden combo as a tri set. Medicine ball slams too. If I introduced a dedicated core day, I'm sure I'd feel it more, but I just tack on core circuits to whatever else I do. 

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,337 rep

Crap, I meant to say decline for every mention of the word incline! Incline russian twist ... that imagery makes me laugh.

But here's a solid example!

oh. my. god.

#goals

Advertising

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,287 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,918 rep
Reading all this makes me realise how pathetically unfit I actually am. But I did do a two minute plank once.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • Silly Billie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 2,707 rep

I used to do planks and push-ups and yoga on the Wii Fit. It's a shame we don't still have it.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,322 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,212 rep

POPULAR

I used to do planks and push-ups and yoga on the Wii Fit. It's a shame we don't still have it.

To be fair the good thing about those things is you don't need a console to do them. :P

• Tubbie Head, Undómiel, Emilie. and 3 others like this

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • Silly Billie

• 4,720 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 2,707 rep

To be fair the good thing about those things is you don't need a console to do them. :P

I know, but the Wii Fit made them fun (and therefore made me want to do that stuff). :lol:

• Comrade likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • E-Fucking-Nough

• 14,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,337 rep

Well there's a travel ban and a state of emergency for snow, so I guess I'm going to bust out a Jillian Michael's video tonight and get my cardio on.

• wood likes this

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,094 rep

Well there's a travel ban and a state of emergency for snow, so I guess I'm going to bust out a Jillian Michael's video tonight and get my cardio on.

Google search "tumblr insanity" and the first option should be the entire Insanity program available for online stream, if you're feelin' it!

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Outlander

• 18,221 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,800 rep
Urgh insanity. Don't even.

Might be a weird q, but after exercising do anyone else's shins feel really brittle? I don't do that that much running so.... It's not the calf muscle either, cause the pain is in the front of my leg. It just feels really odd.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,336 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,968 rep

Really proud of myself, just went skating by myself. Both Rob and my other friend I skate with were busy today but I went anyways :) I've seen other people there alone with their iPods and it seemed kind of fun, and it was! Skated for 40 minutes straight :happy:

Also went to yoga last night even though I was so tired I was literally falling asleep in the middle of dinner.

Up next, yoga tomorrow morning :) 

I don't do NEARLY as much strenuous physical stuff as all of you guys do when you go to the gym, tbh its mostly stretching and sitting on a pilates ball, but I'm still very happy to be getting out and doing something light 5-6 days a week :)

(Pardon all the :) s)

Urgh insanity. Don't even.

Might be a weird q, but after exercising do anyone else's shins feel really brittle? I don't do that that much running so.... It's not the calf muscle either, cause the pain is in the front of my leg. It just feels really odd.

Shin splints? 

Used to happen to me when we did running in gym class and when I used to run from time to time.

• Comrade and Lady Nightlife like this

Undómiel

Undómiel
  • Outlander

• 18,221 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,800 rep

Really proud of myself, just went skating by myself. Both Rob and my other friend I skate with were busy today but I went anyways :) I've seen other people there alone with their iPods and it seemed kind of fun, and it was! Skated for 40 minutes straight :happy:

Also went to yoga last night even though I was so tired I was literally falling asleep in the middle of dinner.

Up next, yoga tomorrow morning :) 
I don't do NEARLY as much strenuous physical stuff as all of you guys do when you go to the gym, tbh its mostly stretching and sitting on a pilates ball, but I'm still very happy to be getting out and doing something light 5-6 days a week :)

(Pardon all the :) s)

Shin splints? 
Used to happen to me when we did running in gym class and when I used to run from time to time.

I thought that, what can you do to combat it?

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,336 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,968 rep

I didn't exercise all that regularly when it happened so I just kind of ignored it and carried on because it was fine by the time I had to do anything physical again :P

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • Silly Billie

• 4,720 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 2,707 rep

I've had that when I forgot to stretch before running. Now that stretching is a part of my routine it doesn't happen.

Shin splints?

That's what my mom called it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Undómiel, MSN/Bing (1)