Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Fitness Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
3999 replies to this topic

#3991 Comrade

Comrade

Razzamataz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

A friend is trying to get me to go to some classes with him, but fuck that. They're great for certain goals, but they're just not for me. Though I am tempted by the Sunday morning yoga.

I've been really struggling to balance my time recently. Work often runs over, so trying to find a way of eeffectively hitting every body part twice a week but keep workouts to less than an hour and a half is tough. It's a fun challenge though.

#3992 Juliette

Juliette

Wanderlust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,132 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Walked 5 miles this morning then another 4.5 miles with over 800ft elevation in just over an hour this afternoon and my ankle was fine :happy: Progress. I'm actually starting to enjoy walking as exercise but it takes up so much time compared to more intense exercise.

#3993 Kaddi.

Kaddi.

Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• Members
  • 13,889 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

Sports class at uni was pretty cool. I thought it would be some normal aerobic/work out class, but it was one where you had a barbell all the time and had to do exercises with it. My upper arms are gonna kill me tomorrow, but I think it's a good idea to go there regularly in order to build up some muscle since I dont go to the gym.

• Cath likes this

#3994 .Holly

.Holly

Dominated Love Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts
  • Joined Apr 01, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm running my 10k on Sunday (actually 10.5) and I'm a bit nervous. I haven't run for nearly 2 weeks because I had a really sore and twingey calf muscle. It hasn't hurt for a while now, so I'm hoping it will be OK. I hope my fitness is good enough after a 2 week break!
  • Cath likes this

#3995 wood

wood

Pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

Starting tomorrow, I'm going on a massive three-month cut in preparation for a cosplay late January. I'm planning a (at least) 350 calorie deficit five days a week while on Ketosis. Caffeine will be used strategically throughout. I will run four-five miles four days a week. I will continue my "bro split" regimen, but with a severe weight cut. I'll only lift my body weight for the compound lifts, except squats. Imma need those for the cosplay.

I'm planning to losing 10-12 lbs., in both muscle and fat. Planning to go from 9 percent body fat to about 7.5. It's going to take a ton of determination and dedication, but I think I'm up for it. After all, I get to go through my first ever bulking phase in February where I will eat EVERYTHING I want to whatever degree I want and lift as heavy as possible.

Here's to cardio and body weight exercises!

#3996 Emilie.

Emilie.

Super Nintendo Chalmers

• Members
  • 14,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010

Posted 49 minutes ago

what are some things I can do for inner thighs? I've tried sumo squats but I can't find anything else that works. I found a few but I either couldn't feel anything or they involved balancing on one leg and i'm really bad at that :lol: so I just kept falling

#3997 Comrade

Comrade

Razzamataz

• Members
  • 6,974 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008

Posted 40 minutes ago

what are some things I can do for inner thighs? I've tried sumo squats but I can't find anything else that works. I found a few but I either couldn't feel anything or they involved balancing on one leg and i'm really bad at that :lol: so I just kept falling

Heavy squats will build your quads. Either do 5 sets of 5 of a very heavy weight, or 12 reps, 8 reps, 4 reps then 10 reps, adjusting the weights getting heavier until the last set where you go back to light. Both are favoured muscle mass building plans. Side lunges will be your friend. It's hard to target your adductor muscles (the insides of your thighs) directly though. 

#3998 Emilie.

Emilie.

Super Nintendo Chalmers

• Members
  • 14,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010

Posted 32 minutes ago

Heavy squats will build your quads. Either do 5 sets of 5 of a very heavy weight, or 12 reps, 8 reps, 4 reps then 10 reps, adjusting the weights getting heavier until the last set where you go back to light. Both are favoured muscle mass building plans. Side lunges will be your friend. It's hard to target your adductor muscles (the insides of your thighs) directly though. 

I'm not supposed to do anything with weights :( it makes it really hard to find things to do. I have 3kg dumbbells and that's normally the most I can get away with. Better than nothing though I guess?

#3999 Comrade

Comrade

Razzamataz

• Members
  • 6,974 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008

Posted 29 minutes ago

I'm not supposed to do anything with weights :( it makes it really hard to find things to do. I have 3kg dumbbells and that's normally the most I can get away with. Better than nothing though I guess?

Just going to have to be pure volume then. Try supersetting sumo squats with sideways lunges. 10 squats then without rest 10 lunges each side. hold the dumbbells in your hands for the squats (maybe just the first set or two if your joints are struggling.) 

#4000 Emilie.

Emilie.

Super Nintendo Chalmers

• Members
  • 14,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010

Posted 22 minutes ago

Just going to have to be pure volume then. Try supersetting sumo squats with sideways lunges. 10 squats then without rest 10 lunges each side. hold the dumbbells in your hands for the squats (maybe just the first set or two if your joints are struggling.) 

that sounds good, thanks :happy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com