Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fitness Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
3817 replies to this topic

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,465 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,935 rep

i spent around 1 hour and an half. ~ 30 minutes of cardio and 1h of weights 

but by the time of getting there, changing clothes and taking my shower it takes around 2h of my day

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,813 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,507 rep

I normally do just over an hour. In the "normal" gym I get a bit bored if I spend longer than that. 

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,047 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,055 rep

Went for a 32 mile cycle yesterday. I'd been meaning to do that route for ages but my god it was a bitch. Gravel path most of the way, plus a pretty strong headwind. Felt good at the end of it though, it's the first real exercise I've done since I sprained my ankle 6 weeks ago but it's still killing me, I was really struggling to use it by the end =/ I've also been doing a ton of lifting lately, 8 hours a day shifting furniture & fridges up & down stairs has made my muscles hurt in such a good way. I wish my ankle would just hurry up & heal, I've missed being able to push myself.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 12,975 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,183 rep
Went on a hike at a conservation area all day and my body is so sore and tired. Out of shape..

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • That's a smashing blouse you have on

• 13,430 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,082 rep

Starting to slowly do more again. 100 squats a day in the morning, to wake myself up - 80 normal and 20 one-legged. I'm on a stronger painkiller now that helps my hands a lot, so I'll start push-ups again soon. The cool thing about the squats is they get me out of breath too, which I haven't felt in ages :happy: Not seriously out of breath, but just enough to know I'm working. It's mostly the one-legged squats that do it, especially on my bad leg. When I do them after my shower with the room still warm and steamy, my hip doesn't hurt at all! So that's good, but I'm still so unused to even leaning on the leg that it's clearly weaker than my other leg.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,614 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,309 rep

Today will be the second of a 6-days-in-a-row streak before I head off to Holland. Working every body part twice within those two days. Yesterday was the big lifting legs and shoulders day, and I'm feeling fresh despite going out last night after. Like I said elsewhere, I've gained 5lb in a couple of weeks, and performance is slightly higher again. Monday I'm repeating the exact workout I did three Mondays before, but with slightly heavier weights. That''ll be the litmus test for progress. 

I recommend every month or so people exactly copy something they did a month previously but with slightly greater resistance. It just allows you to measure progress properly.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,813 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,507 rep

Haven't been to the gym in about a week! Oops... must make the effort to go tomorrow. My council gym is so uninspiring. 

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,614 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,309 rep

Well I'm at the end of the six days without rest from those intense workouts, and I feel far fresher than I did last time I had a six-day spree. No niggles, no lasting aches. Did every body part twice over the six days. The durability and endurance is going up and up, which is great. For the next month I'll keep this up but replace one exercise for each body part with a big, super-heavy 1-3 rep exercise to push the top end strength, and finish with isolation stuff like chest press machines or preacher curls.

I've also noticed I'm sweating less at the end of workouts. These last few weeks have been pretty athletic in their approach, really getting thew heart beat up. Even without doing formal cardio, it's having an effect. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users