Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fitness Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
3508 replies to this topic

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep
Today is my rest day, but I don't want to rest today. I think I have a dependency, lol.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,715 rep

First gym session in 6 days and I set a new deadlift PB: 142.5kg.  :D  :dance:

My target was 140 and it was completely comfortable. Next stop: 150kg.  

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,323 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 5,771 rep

Tom took me to the gym and now my body doesn't work anymore. Burgers for tea though  :wub:

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,090 rep

I worked out 3 hours yesterday and burnt a total of 1500 calories wooo.. today i cheated like a mother fucker booo

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

I haven't complete a strict ab regimen in a while, so I spent a good hour on Saturday focusing on them. Needless to say I could barely stand or talk yesterday. It hurts so bad to laugh!

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,134 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,715 rep

Tested out 3030 tempo training this morning.  Chest and Tris (duh monday) and Christ. Each rep lasting at least 6 seconds really brings the burn. Going to go for a wee 2k run outdoors tonight now we're in BST too. The light evenings are the best, we have all these orchards near my house that are beautiful running grounds. 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 5,993 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,655 rep

oh god i haven't been at the gym for 7 days in a row. luckily i don't work tomorrow i can't wait to go again

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 16,974 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,102 rep

How many fighters/people interested in fighting do we have on gsb, d'you reckon? I.e MMA/taekwondo/karate/judo/ju-jitsu etc... 

I mean, even people who just enjoy watching UFC?

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,841 rep

How many fighters/people interested in fighting do we have on gsb, d'you reckon? I.e MMA/taekwondo/karate/judo/ju-jitsu etc... 

I mean, even people who just enjoy watching UFC?

I like watching people punch each other.

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

I was a little under the weather the past few days, so a three day stay away from the gym has me itching to get back in to the swing of things. I can't wait to go pick things up and put them back down!

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,134 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,715 rep

Legs. This. 

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

Legs. This.

Today just happens to be leg day. I think I'll try burning out with this.

Edited by Sarcasm, 03 April 2014 - 10:47 AM.
remove youtube videos from quotes

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,134 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,715 rep

Today just happens to be leg day. I think I'll try burning out with this.

How'd it go? I've been using it as a warm up and stretch.

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• 4,063 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,090 rep

i kinda see progress in this :')

f3ab7ec6bd0011e3b471120910e32e9b_8.jpg

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,228 rep

High Intensity Interval Training. On a bike or treadmill. 1 minute of sprinting, 90 seconds of walking/rest pace for 20-30 mins. Shreds fat. :)

i know this was aimed at someone else but totally going to try this. 

also, does anyone know a reliable way to figure out body fat percentage? i've read so many ways to do it but they all seem a bit dodgy to me :P 

Advertising

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,367 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,543 rep

also, does anyone know a reliable way to figure out body fat percentage? i've read so many ways to do it but they all seem a bit dodgy to me :P

I tried a few of those online ones the other day and they all came in at 21%. It seems vaguely right but don't expect it to be exact. I guess for a roundabout estimation they're okay, they just measure your neck, waist, and hips. I've seen ones that measure wrists too but I didn't use that one.

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 796 rep
I did my first round on the bike yesterday! I did a thing I found online where you sprint for a minute and pedal slower for a minute and continue but change the duration of each sprint/rest. I sprinted at lvl 2 and rested at lvl 1.
I only did it for 15 minutes just to see how I got on, going to do it again tomorrow for 20/25 mins instead and work my time up.
I'm really happy though considering I've done very little physical exercise since leaving school :happy:

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 16,974 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,102 rep

i know this was aimed at someone else but totally going to try this. 

When someone did mine they used a little machine. They put my height/weight into it and then you hold it in front of you and using electromagnet pulses it figures it out. You can also buy caliphers off the internet; they'll give you a rough guide but not too accurate. 

I tried a few of those online ones the other day and they all came in at 21%. It seems vaguely right but don't expect it to be exact. I guess for a roundabout estimation they're okay, they just measure your neck, waist, and hips. I've seen ones that measure wrists too but I didn't use that one.

Whoa that's really low/athletic! Well done!

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,367 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,543 rep

Whoa that's really low/athletic! Well done!

that's one of the reasons I think it's a bit wrong :lol: The reviews I read said that the online estimators often gave a percentage that was higher than in reality. Like some people said they're really 19% and the thing gave them 23%. But I think mine may have underestimated a little 'cause I'm hardly a fitness freak.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 16,974 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,102 rep

that's one of the reasons I think it's a bit wrong :lol: The reviews I read said that the online estimators often gave a percentage that was higher than in reality. Like some people said they're really 19% and the thing gave them 23%. But I think mine may have underestimated a little 'cause I'm hardly a fitness freak.

19% is pretty damn low (for a female). I calculated mine the other day and I'm 29.5% and I'm hardly fat. My friend who's as skinny as a stick got 24%... 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,367 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,543 rep

19% is pretty damn low (for a female). I calculated mine the other day and I'm 29.5% and I'm hardly fat. My friend who's as skinny as a stick got 24%... 

they sound really unreliable tbh. I tried another one today that used measurements from my calf, thigh, abdomen, waist, neck, wrist, forearm, and hips. It gives you 3 different estimates using three different formulae, and the average gave me like 19-20%

one day I might get a pair of callipers, they're supposed to be like $5. I'll see what that measures on me

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

How'd it go? I've been using it as a warm up and stretch.

I used it to burn out and that was difficult. I wasn't used to the change in motion and did it with a 20 kg plate on each side. When I did the back-angled lunge, I almost fell over from fatigue.

But it was awesome :)

Batgirl

Batgirl
  • #twerk

• 4,063 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2011
  • 3,090 rep

If cashews could be lower in fat, that'd be gr8

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 7,710 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,293 rep

Going to the gym today for the first time in weeks. :happy: I just hope I haven't gone backwards and have to do lighter weights on the machines. 

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

There are these two gentlemen who attend my gym the same time that I do. I don't think they're friends or even know each other. But they always stand uncomfortably close to me. They will stop and stare about 3 feet away from while I'm lifting and look. They have disrupted my range of motion at times. I don't understand how they think this is ok. I'm not sure if they're creepy, socially inept or trying to learn the ways of the wood.

Velocity

Velocity
  • The Diamond Church Street Choir

• 4,390 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 701 rep

I don't really know how from Sunday to today I shaved almost 30 seconds off my half-mile?? Like I was running alone Sunday and with my friend today and she probably upped the pace a little but I didn't think I would/could go that much faster

wood

wood
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 93 rep

Creatine doesn't bloat me or do anything for swelling my muscles. I'm fairly lucky with that. I use GoNutrition's pure beta alanine. £12 or thereabouts for 250g, which lasts plenty.

I remembered this and I'm thinking about getting pure beta alanine. How does it make you feel? Do you get the tingles?

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,134 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,715 rep

I remembered this and I'm thinking about getting pure beta alanine. How does it make you feel? Do you get the tingles?

5g gives big tingles, but not if you start sweating and working hard. It doesn't make me feel any difference, but mixed Sith the creatine it definitely helps. I can't be bothered buying it any more; sticking to just creatine and taurine. Did what I needed it to though, so I'd definitely recommend.

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,841 rep

Worked out yesterday for the first time in a month, owwww.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users