Songs You Wish Were Played LESS

Heather.

Might as well have a balanced conversation :whistle I don't think this topic exists...

So, out of the songs that Green Day plays quite often, which ones could you do without? I know we all love most of the songs in their set lists unconditionally, so you can think of this question as more: Which songs would you have them drop to make room for other songs? (Wishing we didn't have to drop them, of course!)

I'm tempted to say a lot of the big hit singles, but I know I take them for granted and would miss them desperately at concerts, so....

I'm gonna say:

East Jesus Nowhere (yes)

Longview (if it's gonna be an audience member doing the whole thing...)

Brain Stew (drop it and get a more interesting song off Insomniac, like Walking Contradiction!)

Beyond that maybe Static Age, Before the Lobotomy... I'm tempted to say WMUWSE, but I don't think I could actually go there.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Jesus Nowhere, hope it's not included next tour (I like the song, but there are more interesting live songs)

Brain Stew/Jaded or Hitchin' a ride (I think only one of those should be played, not both)

King for a day (I hope they do something new to replace it cause everyone knows this crowd teaser by heart by now)

Know your enemy, I don't like it very much...

boulevard of broken dreams. I've had enough...

yeah, I think it kind "breaks" all the energy of the audience, it's a little slow song

All the songs mentioned here are precisely the ones I enjoyed the most when I saw them last year =/ High energy and classics.

I think they need to have slow songs in their set every now and then, just because the audience (as well as the band themselves) needs a break from all the crazy dancing and jumping around!

When I Come Around.....Zzzzzzzzzzz

Although I very much enjoy the recent "I'm having sex with Mike" addition

I think Brains Stew drags on for a while, but when Jaded starts it's like :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

I want them all :mellow: Even though I hope it's not a fan who's singing Longview the next tour. Not that I don't think it's awesome that they do it, but I wanna see Longview live without a fan

Also I'm tempted to say Brain Stew, but I can't live without Jaded

Know Your Enemy

East Jesus Nowhere

Are We The Waiting (most boring song ever live)

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (not possible though since it is one of their biggest hits)

Hitchin' A Ride (not at every show, some other cool Nimrod could be played instead)

Basket Case (not possible at all)

Wake Me Up When September Ends

All songs from 21st Century Breakdown.

Agreed, exccpt 21st Century Breakdown and American Eulogy maybe!

I don't think they should leave out the classics though, many people are coming to the show just for songs like Basket Case or American Idiot.

I agree that BoBD is kind of a dead moment, but I remember that it felt great to get some fresh air during that song :)

It really suprises me how people dislike Brain Stew so much, I remember it being one of the best live songs as they all just go mental, and the energy on stage is multiplied in the crowd.

I would like them to play 21 Guns less, as well as the songs that drag on and on, like King for a Day and Minority. Just play the song! Stop messing around in the middle!

However, Green Day are amazing live and saying you would like a song to be played less basically means its just short of nigh on perfection.

I would agree they should drop East Jesus Nowhere, Know your Enemy, and with songs like Hitching a Ride and Brain Stew should be on like a rotation with others songs off those albums. But i really like the set they play and I'm happy with anything, a Green Day show is awesome :D :D

When I Come Around.....Zzzzzzzzzzz

Although I very much enjoy the recent "I'm having sex with Mike" addition

Tell me more.

And d'oh, how could I forget Know Your Enemy? If I never heard that song again, I'd be just fine. (Even though I listen to it when it comes on...)

I LOVE all the on stage traditions :wub:. Can't get enough of them. So any regular songs that have any kind of special tradition attached (King For A Day/Shout, Brain Stew/Jaded, East Jesus Nowhere, either Longview or Knowledge, St Jimmy unless they played another song where Billie could be just as much of a badass, Good Riddance, Hitchin A Ride, Minority) I say KEEP KEEP KEEP! If they ever drop King For a Day/Shout it'll be a travesty. It wouldn't feel like a proper Green Day show without all the proper fun traditions.

However, regular songs that they just play straight through without any particular special funny business I wouldn't mind being dropped, provided they were replaced with equally good songs. Basket Case, Holiday, Jesus Of Suburbia, She, When I Come Around, Know Your Enemy, WMUWSE.......I like them all but I wouldn't mind seeing different songs instead.

Jesus of Surburbia (feels like it goes on for about 3 hours), Know Your Enemy (bit of a non event) and maybe one or two other AI songs.

Basket Case. I've never been to a Green Day concert, but i'm sick of that song. I've heard that 1000000 times. Just like Welcome To Paradise.

I think they should play Know Your Enemy every show, it's fucking energic song in my opinion. I've heard that song before a My Chemical Romance show, and I had more fun with singing that song than during the full show... :D

From 21stCB I think only Know Your Enemy, East Jesus Nowhere SHOULD stay. 21 Guns will stay, because a lot of fans like it. I'm agreed with that, but that's not my favourite one...

I really like the song American Eulogy because Mike's part is fucking amazing, but i don't think they'll play that much.

21st Century Breakdown should be a kind of "subtitute". It should be played in some shows, but not everywhere.

Same with Before The Lobotomy.

I don't really like Static Age. That one shouldn't stay, and I think it will be disappeared.

I want Hitchin' A Ride + Brain Stew/Jaded! :) If Hitchin' A Ride disappears, maybe the only track from Nimrod will be Good Riddance.

I think there's no one AI song I'd like to hear less,I'm pretty sure about this. AI is such an epic record in my opinion,and its songs sound such amazing live,without exception. And King For A Day/Shout,with all the funny stuff...I'd miss it so badly!

Why is everyone hating on Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew, and Know Your Enemy? Those songs are awesome live.

Archived