SotW Nominations and Archive

pasalaska

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for Green Day! or Dissapearing Boy.

I nonminate No One Knows. It's a great song, and a lot of the younger crowd (and maybe some of the older crowd) are going through exactly what it's about. Plus, the bass is great.

Don't forget, guys, if you write a sentence or two telling me why you'd like a song picked, I'm more likely to pick it.

I'm not trying to be annoying here, it's just I'd rather pick a song that I know is going to generate some proper discussion, so you explaining why helps me see that there are real things to talk about in regards to a song, not just 'I like this song'.

I think you should pick Amy because I was kind enough to risk my life recording it for you fuckers. (I know you would all do the same for me.....right?)

Throwing a curve ball...

I nominate "Favorite Son." It's never been chosen before and it wasn't really put into the spotlight until the musical came out. I like the beat to it and the lyrics actually make more sense if you applied it to the musical.

I vote 'Amy' because it literally is the Song of the Week, the right-now song. Beth went and got it for us, Green Day gave us the lyrics, and it's the one everyone's talking about anyway. :)

I think you should pick Amy because I was kind enough to risk my life recording it for you fuckers. (I know you would all do the same for me.....right?)

Of course. :happy:

I nominate Amy as well because just like justcause said (sorry, don't know your name) it's the song everyone's talking about.

I too nominate the fine song Amy! It is the obvious choice fellow brethren! And if it were to be the victor, I would gladly buy a pint of Guinness for each and every one of you in celebration! Huzzah!

Sorry for that guys. i'm really zorched right now. But still. Amy FTW.

I'm nominating Reject this week, because we haven't had a Nimrod song sice February and because it is such an underrated song that I think could generate a bit of good discussion.

How about 'Stray Heart'? Me and some GDCers just finished up the lyrics to it last night. It's a really sweet song. :happy:

I'd suggest The Judges Daughter. It's been a while since we last discuss a song from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, and while we're talking about a change of music style for Green Day, it would be nice to get back to the band's roots :blush:

Plus, it has an amazing guitar solo... :D

I'd suggest The Judges Daughter. It's been a while since we last discuss a song from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, and while we're talking about a change of music style for Green Day, it would be nice to get back to the band's roots :blush:

Plus, it has an amazing guitar solo... :D

I'd vote for The Judges Daughter or 409 in Your Coffeemaker.

Excellent, I've certainly been in a 1039 mood as of late so I'll definitely consider those two :)

In honor of your arrival in Canada, I'd like to nominate "It's Fuck Time". Why? Because it seems like the kind of song you'd sing when overly happy.

And because we've all speculated as to the actual reason they've chosen to bunk together.

Excellent, I've certainly been in a 1039 mood as of late so I'll definitely consider those two :)

Greaaat, I'm looking forward to read your introduction of one of those songs Aska :thumbsup:

I'd vote for Sick of me or Suffocate, because we didn't have many songs off Shenanigans so far and I'd be nice to discuss one of those songs again. ;)

JAR. because of its amazing lyrics and it can be very relatable to anyone who has lost someone

Stray Heart. Because it's interesting to discuss new songs. And this song is one of my favorite (after Stay the night) from the new stuff. It's beautiful and has so touching lyrics.

Yeah J.A.R. would be nice to discuss...apart from the personal experience is inspired from, it has lyrics that have to say something to everyone, not only to the ones that lost someone important...the last lines always impress me and makes me think...so... :happy:

Archived