SotW Nominations and Archive

pasalaska

Words I Might Have Ate, because we haven't had a Kerplunk song in a while, and I feel like this song is one that flies under the radar a bit, so it needs some love for next week :runaround:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm...i wanted to nominate Wake Me Up When September Ends, but i see that it already was a song of the week....it would have fitted soo good, i mean: it's september + it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this year and this month a plane with 45 ppl on board crashed....a whole hockey team of the russian first league was in that plane, that's why i really just can say: "Wake me up when September ends!!" (+ i've broken my collarbone this month, but i guess that doesn't count :lol: )

Are you being serious?

One Of My Lies, we haven't had a Kerplunk song in a while and lately I'm so related to this song... I think it could be a good choice.

One Of My Lies, we haven't had a Kerplunk song in a while and lately I'm so related to this song... I think it could be a good choice.

:huh:

The last SOTW was for this reason.

The latest SoTW was just posted yesterday, and it's "Words I Might Have Ate" from Kerplunk.

Duh, I didn't notice it. =/

Totally made a fool of myself, sorry.

we've also already had One of My Lies :P

you're more than welcome to go its SotW thread (link's on the first page) and post your thoughts about the song there :)

Walking Contradiction is an amazing song! I love the video! :) I nominate Walking Contradiction! :D

Jackass! Because Miguel is a jackass!

do you mean me? hope not, my last comment was tongue in cheek!

I vote the next SOTW to be;

Last Night on Earth

It's possibly the least punky song in Green Day's extensive library and if you have Green Day Rockband the easiest song to get gold stars on! However, i really like it - the lyrics are good, the meanings fairly obvious, and it even has a sort-of guitar solo.

maybe a song like this should be saved for valentines day or something but i really love this song at the moment (i am a tad drunk tho!)

"my beating heart belongs to you" - beautiful lyric. hmm.. i may be too in touch with my feminine side...

I'd like a more fun or relaxing song, since the last we have discussed have pretty sad and very deep lyrics ( J.A.R. , Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Words I Might Have Ate)...so I'd suggest both Walking Contradiction or Jackass...can't decide...but the last time we chose a Warning song, was back to June... :whistle :good:

yep, i'm serious...

Do you know what that song is about?

Do you know what that song is about?

yep, i know what that song is about...it's about Billie Joe's father who died when BJ was 10...one more reason why i can relate to that song....my grandpa died 7 years ago (7 years has gone so fast...) and that was in the year when that song (and the complete album) came out :( ...but i was 8 back then and not 10...and he didn't die in september...

...it's just the song that i can relate to the most....

Jackass, because it's such a fun song. Plus the lyrics are awesome. :)

Im going to throw 'Desensitized' from 'Shenanigans' out there, just beacuse i think its an abosolute brilliant song, my personal favourite of the album. I don't think it gets much attention and (correct me if im wrong) but i don't think i'v ever heard it played live? The music is genius and really catchy, makes you want to air guitar, what more could you want from a song haha! Although i did think the first line was in French before i looked up the lyrics!

Edit: sorry I didn't see that this song had already been SOTW back in 09 when I scanned over the list.

Im going to throw 'Desensitized' from 'Shenanigans' out there, just beacuse i think its an abosolute brilliant song, my personal favourite of the album. I don't think it gets much attention and (correct me if im wrong) but i don't think i'v ever heard it played live? The music is genius and really catchy, makes you want to air guitar, what more could you want from a song haha! Although i did think the first line was in French before i looked up the lyrics!

Any song from Shenanigans is ok for me

yep, i know what that song is about...it's about Billie Joe's father who died when BJ was 10...one more reason why i can relate to that song....my grandpa died 7 years ago (7 years has gone so fast...) and that was in the year when that song (and the complete album) came out :( ...but i was 8 back then and not 10...and he didn't die in september...

...it's just the song that i can relate to the most....

Oh Ok. That makes more sense. I thought you were thinking it was about 9/11.

Brain Stew. I adore that song :wub:

I don't know how it didn't get picked for SotW yet...

Oh Ok. That makes more sense. I thought you were thinking it was about 9/11.

nope, i know about what it is ;) i just listed all the bad things that happened in that month too (the song reminds me of pretty much everything that happened in that month), so don't worry ;)

Archived