SotW Nominations and Archive

pasalaska

I agree with the JAR suggestions. I only started to appreciate this song when AAF came out. Love that version.

Although I am also tempted to nominate Reject as someone was rejected from his flight yesterday. Also, I need to listed to Nimrod more often.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the JAR suggestions. I only started to appreciate this song when AAF came out. Love that version.

Although I am also tempted to nominate Reject as someone was rejected from his flight yesterday. Also, I need to listed to Nimrod more often.

Live version is awesome, I love when Billie screams : "what's in your heart, Michigaaaan!!" :dance:

But the Reject suggestion is appropriate too :acute: (love new smileys :lol: )

No suggestions?? Oh well, I think this week we could discuss J.A.R....it hasn't any particular connections to this week's happening ( actually nothing special happened this week... :sleep: ), but as a lot of people said above, it's a song than always generates toughts and discussions... :happy:

Edit: and next week something off of American Idiot for sure... :D

At the Library

Being the FIRST song on Green Day's FIRST album. Hearing those repeating crunching chords immediately as you put the CD in. It's such a great song!

The lyrics are just so innocent coming from a young and lovelorn Billie. I'm sure many of us can relate to this at one point in our lives

At the Library

Being the FIRST song on Green Day's FIRST album. Hearing those repeating crunching chords immediately as you put the CD in. It's such a great song!

The lyrics are just so innocent coming from a young and lovelorn Billie. I'm sure many of us can relate to this at one point in our lives

technically 1000 Hours was Green Day's first released song... :P

thanks for all the suggestions guys :happy:

i think J.A.R. because the last "quote/phrase" part billie sings, has to be one of the most meaningful parts to a song that i have ever heard

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams?

I think it's such a beautiful song and the mental images that it brings with are just so strong. Also to hear it live is completely spine tingling.

Yep I agree with Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Perfect to celebrate American Idiot 7th anniversary.... :good:

and then, now that autumn is coming, to walk on a street covered with leaves under a grey sky, makes me really feel like I'm walking alone, and "my shadow's the only one that walks beside me"... :blush:

I can't believe that Boulevard hasn't been SotW yet! It is an amazing song! And loads of people got into Green Day cause of that song, especially in my country. People didn't know what GD was before that song so I thikn it deserves to be SotW!

86 is a good song too! Both of these are awesome songs!

As far as I can tell from scanning the lists; Basket Case hasn't been a song of the week yet. What is this travesty? And seeing as no one else has voted for anything I thought I'd just put that out there....

I feel this song is actually better live than on CD, guessing some people are going to disagree with me on that one. I just think it's a fun song and it deserves to be SoTW... :D

Okay, forget my last suggestion. Since we've got the anniversary of American Idiot this week, then I'm suggesting "I Don't Care" from the American Idiot album. It is my favorite song on the album because it is just so unbelievably emotional. The music and lyrics go together so perfectly and you just know this is they really felt when they wrote it. Full of anger and absolute honesty, it moves me every single time I hear it.

Okay, forget my last suggestion. Since we've got the anniversary of American Idiot this week, then I'm suggesting "I Don't Care" from the American Idiot album. It is my favorite song on the album because it is just so unbelievably emotional. The music and lyrics go together so perfectly and you just know this is they really felt when they wrote it. Full of anger and absolute honesty, it moves me every single time I hear it.

If you look at the opening post, you'll see that Homecoming's already been SotW. You're more than welcome to go and post in the Homecoming thread about I Don't Care though :)

If you look at the opening post, you'll see that Homecoming's already been SotW. You're more than welcome to go and post in the Homecoming thread about I Don't Care though :)

Um... am I reading it wrong? I think "I Don't Care" is part of JOS, not Homecoming. Right? And I was talking about it as a stand-alone song. Can it not be done that way? :ermm:

Um... am I reading it wrong? I think "I Don't Care" is part of JOS, not Homecoming. Right? And I was talking about it as a stand-alone song. Can it not be done that way? :ermm:

Sorry, I meant Jesus of Suburbia.

It's not a stand-alone song, it's a part of a bigger song. As it's already been discussed in JoS, there's no point in making a new SotW for something that isn't a whole song anyway. As I said though, I'd love for you to go and post your thoughts in the JoS thread, as you've obviously got something good to say :)

Anyone is free to go and post their thoughts about any of the old songs with a SotW thread.

How about Road To Acceptance? Its just one of those songs that alot of people can relate to at some point in their adolescent lives when they think they wanna change who they are because they don't fit in with society, but most people grow outta that and accept who they are.

Walking Contradiction. Reasons: (1) Been awhile since we dipped back into Insomniac [Edit: Rats, I missed "86" in the list at the beginning of last month. So sue me.]; (2) Billie's wordplay in the lyrics is fan-fucking-tabulous, I think we can really get into it in the discussion; (3) Bass. Mmmmm. Bass.

How about Chump?

Mainly because it's a great song that hasn't been chosen yet.

and, in the sweetest possible way, a lot of us are jealous of people who went to Thursday's surprise show, despite not even seeing their faces!

hm...i wanted to nominate Wake Me Up When September Ends, but i see that it already was a song of the week....it would have fitted soo good, i mean: it's september + it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this year and this month a plane with 45 ppl on board crashed....a whole hockey team of the russian first league was in that plane, that's why i really just can say: "Wake me up when September ends!!" (+ i've broken my collarbone this month, but i guess that doesn't count :lol: )

...but since it already was a song of the week i go along with Bastard of 1967 and say Walking Contradiction :lol:

Archived