Daddy.

UK Club

Daddy.

Hi there!

This club is basically people from the UK chatting about stuff, like what's in the news, getting to know people.

I shall introduce myself; I am Liam, 17, from a town called Nuneaton near Coventry/Leicester/Birmingham in the Midlands. I have been to two GDC meet-up’s: GDATW in Hyde Park, and the anniversaries of Wembley and Milton Keynes in London, both of which I didn’t go to :ninja:

Hopefully, there is SOME GDC’ers in my area as I know of two.

Daddy.

Thanks for allowing this to open, mods! :D

raven052

Hey! (wow, first person to reply :happy: )

So, introductions? Well. I'm Amy, from London (ok, ok, outside London, but literally just outside, as in, a short train ride in).

Never been to a GDC meet up, though I hope to possibly (hopefully!) go to the one for New Years.

Alright, that's all I can think to write for now. Hope this club takes off!

chloestjimmy

I guess I should join this too :)

Hey, I'm Chloe, I'm 14 and from Scotland in North Ayrshire :P .

Kayfabe

NICE THREAD LIAM.

i'm iolanda and i live in london :)

• Like 1

mechanicalman

Rule Britannia!

IscoredWaddlesgoals

Amazing. Needs some Sheffielders though.

• Like 1

Undómiel

Hey!

I'm Bryony and from t'north from a town called shitsville Leeds. I'm 17. Have never been to a GDC meet up, wanted to go to the one this New Years in London but I'm going to be in Australia...

Yeah.

:)

Kayfabe

So UKadians, are you excited about the olympics. I'm just a little wierded out because when it was announced I was eight, and it seemed like (and technically was) a lifetime away!

Amanda

You can all breathe a sigh of relief now, I have arrived.

stuart_and_the_ave

I'm Emily from Rothley, near Leicester

I probably can't go to the new year meetup as it's the one time of year all my friends keep free to get together. If meet ups are happening for a few days around then I should be ablet to come to one of them.

It seems weird the olympics are next year, it's been so long since it was announced. I'm not planning to go to any events but I do want to see what they plan for the opening ceremony

Slappy.

I'm Samii from Bedfordshire...near London..ish :lol:

Yay for Liam opening this now all us brits can have a place to share our thoughts...Keep calm & carry on & all that shiz ;)

raven052

Oh God, the Olympics! I keep forgetting about them :lol:. I'm sort of excited about them, my sisters are more excited though, sporting events, more their sort of thing, really. I really don't know enough about the events as I think I should. But yeah, they were both were right on it with signing up for tickets and all that maddness, but they're gonna try to go to at least one of the non ticketed events (marathon and... Something else, see. Told you I know nothing!)

Sure will be interesting though, if nothing else.

And yeah, pretty sure I'd just left school when this was originally annouced! So long ago...

ANJI

I'm Anjani from London. I live in Acton which is close to Ealing (West London). I haven't been to any GDC meet ups but i'd love to one day :)

Undómiel

I'm not excited by the olympics. I don't know why. I'm just not.

Juliette

Oh hey, Juliette & I'm from Edinburgh :)

Just realised all that is obvious from my user info but whatever, hi.

.katie.

Well as you can tell I'm Katie and I'm from Northern Ireland :) It would be quite nice to see a few more Northern Irish people on here :P

Undómiel

Anyone else waiting on A Level results and wishing they would hurry up???

.katie.

Anyone else waiting on A Level results and wishing they would hurry up???

I'm waiting on my GCSE results and wouldn't mind NOT getting them, I'm dreading it. I won't be allowed back into my school to do A Levels if I get bad marks :unsure:

Undómiel

I'm waiting on my GCSE results and wouldn't mind NOT getting them, I'm dreading it. I won't be allowed back into my school to do A Levels if I get bad marks :unsure:

I'm sure they'll be great! What do you need?

.katie.

I'm sure they'll be great! What do you need?

Hopefully :) 5 C's and 3 B's

Undómiel

Hopefully :) 5 C's and 3 B's

I'm sure it'll be fine. :) Good Luck!

I need AAB at A Level with an A in English Lit to get into my chosen uni... *fingers crossed!*

.katie.

I'm sure it'll be fine. :) Good Luck!

I need AAB at A Level with an A in English Lit to get into my chosen uni... *fingers crossed!*

Thanks! Good luck to you too :D

Daddy.

Ah, GCSE results, mine were meh at best. Apart from a B in English, and a couple of D's. I was suprised i got into college, but i got English as my "General Studies" subject this year. And that's the joy of doing ICT at college, no exams. :cool: On my second year of it, one more to go then Uni. And Uni costs aren't as scary as the media makes them out to be.

stuart_and_the_ave

Good luck to everyone waiting on results. I remember wishing they would hurry up and being nervous about getting mine. Last year we were waiting for my brother to get his and see if he got into uni, I was in India with Mum at the time. The good thing about uni results is you get them before the end of term so you only have to wait 2/3 weeks