khaab

crafting projects

Penguin Puffball
On 10/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, kaylubd said:

Never noticed this thread before! 

That's because it's typically buried on the second or third page, until I bump it every few weeks with my crochet stuff :lol:

• Like 2

kaylubd

In case anyone wanted to see it, the sign is done! 

XAHwXZ0.jpg

I think it turned out really well. The only I'm slightly unhappy with is how "blood" turned out, but doesn't look bad. It's not perfect, but it's not supposed to be. Otherwise, this turned out better than I thought in my head!

Here it is on my door with hocket mask:

aVEzqOR.jpg

Next, I'm finishing up my Necronomicon. The paper mache is done. Now I just have to paint it!

• Like 3

Penguin Puffball

I literally just want to make a fucking purse, and I cannot find a single pattern that works. I've tried 4 so far.

Edit: I just said fuck it and am making my own pattern now instead.

• Like 1

o_O

this is more artsy and abstract painting. if i get the supplies for christmas (spray paint, larger than 8 x 10, 12 x 12 square stretched canvases) i'm doing spray paint art sort of like one of my fave musician does; during the warmer months. because if i get it now it's too late to work outside considering we're just gotten frost advisories now. 

lizziebix

I was on a tear recently.  Making a few scarves and a shawl/scarve thingy.  Then I started a bolero and another scarf with an intricate pattern.  And then I put them down and have not picked them up in weeks.  Where the heck did my motivation go?  Just when the weather is turning and I could always use a few new knitted/crocheted items.

• Love 1

lizziebix

I went to a local knitting mill today. They spin and dye their own wool yarns and the colors are beautiful.  They also had what they call mill ends that are only imperfect to them.  Usually colors weren't exactly what they wanted it to be.

I spent way to much $$ but it was so much fun.  Already can't wait for their next sale!!

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

I just got a cross stitch kit and a hoop for $4 because the cashier doubled up coupons. You're like really not supposed to do that, but I wasn't about to say shit. The kit is a kitty with 3 balls of yarn, a crochet hook, and knitting needles, and it says "so much yarn, so little time". 

NothingButYourImagination

I've been feeling more crafty lately since I worked on my first Halloween costume in a year or so. I forgot how much I liked assembling & creating my costumes. Plus, it's also been a good distraction for my brain mental health-wise & a good excuse to marathon TV shows I love at the same time. So I've been browsing Pinterest for more projects, picked some things out to make, & hit up the craft store today & got some supplies for both personal crafts & a few Xmas gifting crafts too. I'm eager to get started on all of them soon. 

kaylubd

TBNjzVM.jpg

So here's my necronomicon I made for my costume. I think it turned out pretty well especially since I haven't done paper machie in a long time. I like that it can just sit on my bookshelf now. 

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

I'm finally making the fall blanket I've been planning for over a year. 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1115952088584822&id=100005101246025&set=a.313816542131718&source=48

Let's see if that link actually works. Bought the yarn for under $12 on Black Friday.

kaylubd

Even though I'm not in the Christmas spirit I I decided I needed something cool to put on the front door. Since I don't have a wreath I decided to make a sneaky Grinch to put up. I'm currently painting it. 

lizziebix

I'm working on a scarf, hat and mittens for a friend at work.  And I picked a stripping yarn and a pretty simple pattern for the scarf but for some reason I can't seem to remember the pattern and it's only a 2 row pattern.  So frustrating.  Trudging along though.

lizziebix

I'm heading to a coffee shop to teach a friend how to crochet. Very excited.