Random Green Day Love

Dylan.

Feel free to close this. I needed to express my love for Green Day. Billie, Mike, and Tre have changed my life in ways that words can hardly hope to describe. From the moment that I blasted International Superhits from my stereo, I have fallen irrevocably in love with Green Day. Their music has touched my heart and mind, and has transformed me from the child I was when I began my journey, into the man that I am today. I believe that being a Green Day fan is a term tossed around a lot, by people that just like the singles, or people that say they love the song, "I Walk Alone" when they mean "Boulevard of Broken Dreams."

It's easy to like Green Day, but it is a responsibility to love them. To love Green Day, there is an understanding that everytime a person speaks ill about you, for any reason, you respond by telling them to fuck off, in any manner of words you choose to use. Being a Green Day fan is about being a minority, in a world where people just don't understand. It's about the good times, and the bad, and knowing that everything is going to be okay, because you are a beautiful person. It's about not being afraid to speak your mind, just because the whole goddamn world makes you feel like you are worthless.

Green Day saves lives, in a way that is timeless and ageless. There are geriatrics and toddlers that love Green Day. There are black people, white people, hispanics, gays, homophobes, atheists, Catholics, liberals, and conservatives that love Green Day. The beautiful part about Green Day, is that their music doesn't discriminate, even when the people that listen to it do.

Green Day makes it okay to have a shitty day. They make it okay to jump up and down on your bed, because Holiday just came on the radio. They make it okay to say Dookie in a sophisticated environment. They make it okay to believe in yourself, when nobody else seems to. When you are having a horrible day, and it just feels like the whole world is conspiring against you, Green Day is always there to tell you that it is going to be okay. There's nothing wrong with you, this is how you're supposed to be.

We here on GDC are the minority. We are the 30,000+ plus people in this world brave enough to declare our independence from judgement, and hatred. We are the ones with the courage to stand up for ourselves, and for the world as a whole. We don't always agree on everything, but at the end of the day, we all believe that Green Day rules, in every possible sense of the world. People on here are beautiful, and I consider you all my family, in a way that is special to me, in my heart.

I have experienced pain, just as I am sure many of you have. In fact, I'm positive most of you have experienced pain far beyond what I have. But I have also experienced joy, and you all have contributed to that joy. While Green Day has reached out to Kyle, the young boy dying of brain cancer, my faith in the concept that the members of Green Day are the coolest motherfuckers on the planet was affirmed. It's that kind of genuine care about their fans that separates them from every other band on the planet.

Music isn't just guitar, and a bass, and a kick ass drum beat. It is the foundation of our inner peace, and the love that binds us together as the Green Day Community.

When Billie Joe wrote, "Nobody Likes you, Everyone Left you, They're all out without you, Having fun," I believe he was singing the anthem of our lives. We live in a world where nobody may give a damn, and we may have nothing but each other. But that's okay, because we have each other. There ARE people out there that care about us, if we just listen closely enough.

Thank you for indulging me. And thank you for being the coolest people I have ever met.

Rage and Love

Dylan Starks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be exactly what I think about Green Day. And I think only real GD fans understand this. It's kind of a thing we can share together because or family and friends, haters, grandparents, whatever dont understand what this band means to us. I dont even wanna explain it to anyone in my life because it's such a personal thing I only wanna share with the Green Day fans on here. I love your text!

Wonderful piece of writing!

My favorite line: "but at the end of the day, we all believe that Green Day rules, in every possible sense of the world". I can't agree more with you! :lol:

I'm so fucking proud to be part of this community! :dance:

I would hug you if I could :hug: I think you just summed up how all of us feel. That was beautiful, and made me kinda want to cry. Is it alright if I save that on to my computer so I can read it whenever I need to?

Edit: I was thinking about this while I took a shower, (now that kinda makes me sound creepy :ninja: ) and I was thinking about how my family is always making fun of me for being "obsessed" with Green Day. They think I love them because they look good and sound good, but it goes much deeper than that. The next time they say that to me, I'm going to show them what you wrote.

I think you just effectively put everything in words that I struggle with constantly to portray and say myself. Thank you for sharing that, you have an amazing way with words!

Wow that was beautiful..and gave me chills..and I'm crying. Everything you wrote is so true

Everything in this text is so true!

It really touched me. :blush:

Thanks for sharing that! :happy:

Holy shit, that was beatiful. ou just summed up how you feel, and how all of us here on GDC feel. You truely understand how deep this is, when no1 else does. I congradulate you. I teared up, I smiled, just incredable. :hug:

Wow dude, you hit it spot on! I think we should be friends. :ninja:

Everything you said is true, whether we all realize it or not. I don't think any of us could have said it better.

it's awesome i really like it it's so true and i agree with you................but why now? why you wrote this now not before ?

wow......

thank you for putting the exact words on how I feel about Green Day, you're awesome!

That was absolutely wonderful. :wub:

I couldn't agree more, and it touched me. It's all true, it really is. Thank you for saying and sharing all that.

You are amazing. You just put into words the contents of my heart.

it's awesome i really like it it's so true and i agree with you................but why now? why you wrote this now not before ?

I think sometimes...people lose sight of how much they love Green Day, until something happens, and all of a sudden those feelings you had when you first became a fan come rushing back. :)

I think sometimes...people lose sight of how much they love Green Day, until something happens, and all of a sudden those feelings you had when you first became a fan come rushing back. :)

This is so true.

I love those moments :wub:

now I feel like a creeper for posting two posts almost in a row both with a wub-smiley in them :lol:

This is so true.

I love those moments :wub:

now I feel like a creeper for posting two posts almost in a row both with a wub-smiley in them :lol:

Never feel like a creeper for giving some "wub." Love is a beautiful goddamn thing.

Just... Wow. Thank you. Really.

Genuinely lost for words...

Whoa. All that, summed in one piece of writing, makes me proud to be apart of a terrific community of people.

You, sir, are amazing for putting just about everyone of GDC's thoughts into words.

I read this and it brought me to tears. :wub: People can never really understand why I love Green Day so much. They don't get how some catchy music can be so dear to me. But when this music and these lyrics have gotten you through the worst of the worst shit, and you look up so much to guys like Billie, Mike and Tre, it makes complete sense. Even when nothing else is there for you, Green Day always will be. Without them, I honestly don't know who I'd be or where I'd be right now.

And this is so true. Sometimes I listen to Green Day just because...as if it's routine or something. But then I remember why I love them so much in the first place. Then I'll have crazy urges to shout from the rooftops how much I love this band and what they mean to me :wub:

Feel free to close this. I needed to express my love for Green Day. Billie, Mike, and Tre have changed my life in ways that words can hardly hope to describe. From the moment that I blasted International Superhits from my stereo, I have fallen irrevocably in love with Green Day. Their music has touched my heart and mind, and has transformed me from the child I was when I began my journey, into the man that I am today. I believe that being a Green Day fan is a term tossed around a lot, by people that just like the singles, or people that say they love the song, "I Walk Alone" when they mean "Boulevard of Broken Dreams."

It's easy to like Green Day, but it is a responsibility to love them. To love Green Day, there is an understanding that everytime a person speaks ill about you, for any reason, you respond by telling them to fuck off, in any manner of words you choose to use. Being a Green Day fan is about being a minority, in a world where people just don't understand. It's about the good times, and the bad, and knowing that everything is going to be okay, because you are a beautiful person. It's about not being afraid to speak your mind, just because the whole goddamn world makes you feel like you are worthless.

Green Day saves lives, in a way that is timeless and ageless. There are geriatrics and toddlers that love Green Day. There are black people, white people, hispanics, gays, homophobes, atheists, Catholics, liberals, and conservatives that love Green Day. The beautiful part about Green Day, is that their music doesn't discriminate, even when the people that listen to it do.

Green Day makes it okay to have a shitty day. They make it okay to jump up and down on your bed, because Holiday just came on the radio. They make it okay to say Dookie in a sophisticated environment. They make it okay to believe in yourself, when nobody else seems to. When you are having a horrible day, and it just feels like the whole world is conspiring against you, Green Day is always there to tell you that it is going to be okay. There's nothing wrong with you, this is how you're supposed to be.

We here on GDC are the minority. We are the 30,000+ plus people in this world brave enough to declare our independence from judgement, and hatred. We are the ones with the courage to stand up for ourselves, and for the world as a whole. We don't always agree on everything, but at the end of the day, we all believe that Green Day rules, in every possible sense of the world. People on here are beautiful, and I consider you all my family, in a way that is special to me, in my heart.

I have experienced pain, just as I am sure many of you have. In fact, I'm positive most of you have experienced pain far beyond what I have. But I have also experienced joy, and you all have contributed to that joy. While Green Day has reached out to Kyle, the young boy dying of brain cancer, my faith in the concept that the members of Green Day are the coolest motherfuckers on the planet was affirmed. It's that kind of genuine care about their fans that separates them from every other band on the planet.

Music isn't just guitar, and a bass, and a kick ass drum beat. It is the foundation of our inner peace, and the love that binds us together as the Green Day Community.

When Billie Joe wrote, "Nobody Likes you, Everyone Left you, They're all out without you, Having fun," I believe he was singing the anthem of our lives. We live in a world where nobody may give a damn, and we may have nothing but each other. But that's okay, because we have each other. There ARE people out there that care about us, if we just listen closely enough.

Thank you for indulging me. And thank you for being the coolest people I have ever met.

Rage and Love

Dylan Starks

This is exactly how I feel about Green Day too. 6 Years ago when I was in 11th grade I was feeling kind of down for not having many friends, being picked on in school, not having a boyfriend, etc and then I heard this song on the radio which described exactly how I felt lonely. That song was Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. And to this day I still think about that song because I still do feel that way sometimes and ever since I met Billie I've liked the band even more. I think I'm going to like Green Day for the rest of my life.

Thank you for sharing this. I will admit, there are times where I forget just how much this band means to me. The amount of respect I have for them is pretty inconceivable, so it does become questionable at times, but I know that there is always a reason for it. Thank you for this reminder as to why we love this band so much :wub:

When Billie Joe wrote, "Nobody Likes you, Everyone Left you, They're all out without you, Having fun," I believe he was singing the anthem of our lives.

Didn't Mike write that? :ninja:

Archived