Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

Disgusting. But I've heard of these guys before.

Yeah these assholes came to Ohio once before to picket a solider's funeral. They tried, but failed, randomly a group of motorcyclists showed up with these big ass American flags and they stood in front of them to block them from being viewed by the family members of the deceased.. I believe they do this a lot (the bikers). They had to get through the bikers and the bunch of college kids that gathered in front of them. On the news they showed the students spitting and cursing at them.

As for that whole church.. it's just disgusting.

Edit: Things like this really piss me off, but at the same time I feel so helpless. I wish they'd go to fucking Brooklyn or East L.A, and preach this shit.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now everything is perfectly clear to me now, i was always wondering why do people hates them!?! lol

1. They'd probably shoot you.

2. They'd get off on the media attention from you showing up, and subsequently from picketing your funeral because, obviously, only a fag would troll their church grounds, and God hates fags.

3. The "parody" aspect is protected, but the backing track is not. If that's the actual Green Day backing/karaoke track (and it sure sounds like it it) and the WBC has sold a single copy of that track, they're liable for damages. Of course, knowing the WBC, they probably sold it through a shadow company, if it was sold to anyone at all, specifically to ensure that if they did get sued, the penniless shadow corp would be the entity that got hit with a huge judgment.

Good point particularly on #3....but don't forget about the old "piercing the corporate veil" argument. Same officers, same directors, all money made from the sale passing through to the church, not even Jesus could save them from that lawsuit. That being said, I hope Warner's lawyers get all over their asses now.

WBC just makes me sick. Whatever they do. Whatever they believe. However they preach it (protesting at soldier's funerals). I disagree with everything they stand for.

I wish there was a way to make them just go away.

It will be interesting to see if GD or their management actually can do anything about this.

WBC just makes me sick. Whatever they do. Whatever they believe. However they preach it (protesting at soldier's funerals). I disagree with everything they stand for.

I wish there was a way to make them just go away.

It will be interesting to see if GD or their management actually can do anything about this.

i think they will reply for them in a song :P

i think they will reply for them in a song :P

I know you're joking, but I don't think a song would change anything. (Besides it always takes the band so long to get new stuff out - by the time they would - this would be old news.)

Keep this in mind guys:

The WBC are a bunch of trolls. And what do trolls do? They piss you off. In fact, when the WBC pisses you off, I'm pretty sure the church elders go have sex with prepubescent girls (and maybe some boys) to celebrate. Because that's what trolls do. They get off on making you mad.

Sitting here and complaining about the track, awful as it is, just gives the WBC a bigger boner. This is the same group that tried to bait 4chan's /b group into a DDoS attack of their website so they could sue the shit out of 4chan. It didn't work, thankfully, but still. Consider who you're dealing with, and laugh it off. No use crying over spilled troll semen, ya know?

Not to take your post 100% seriously, but do you think that they'd sink so low as to actually find a link to this thread via Google or some other search engine, and watch it to see what kind of reactions they're stirring up?

Legitimate question.

I know you're joking, but I don't think a song would change anything. (Besides it always takes the band so long to get new stuff out - by the time they would - this would be old news.)

yaa i was joking,but what they can do?? make them pay or something?

I would think this is funny, if it wasn't meant seriously and if it didn't come from that awful "church". Turning a song so much into something it was against, and having kids sing it (having kids song any of their twisted songs. Or using kids at all) is just disgusting. I don't think these people deserve the attention or any attention at all, but I do hope that Green Day's/Warner's management/lawyers will do something about it.

That said, there is no good "bone" in that chirch at all. I completely disagree with their beliefs and their ways of preaching... well, I'm sure everyone's familiar with that. =/

yaa i was joking,but what they can do?? make them pay or something?

Not necessarily pay in monetary terms, but pay in terms of taking it down? Apologizing?

But as Ben mentioned earlier, any kind of lawsuit or protest, gets them more publicity. Double-edged sword. Meaning it's not a great idea to sue but it's not a great idea to let it pass and ignore it either. We'll just have to wait and see what they decide to do.

There's just no way anyone can take them even a bit seriously anymore. And I won't go into a rant about why they suck and are awful because that would only feed their silly need of attention. so don't feed the real life trolls, guys! :thumbsup:

shouldn't be the church a peaceful place that love and accept everyone ?? then why this church is like this?

I have 2 concerns.

1. If this song receives wide enough attention, the public will begin to think that Green Day supports these morons and the band image suffers badly as a result.

2. Those children that appeared in that video are not so much being brainwashed by their parent's, but the children are being forced to hold a view on a subject that they know nothing about? What happened to liberal views and the freedom to express yourself and have your own opinion? Those parents are essentially denying their children that privilege and experience which could negatively affect their look on life, that is what makes me sick most of all.

I have 2 concerns.

1. If this song receives wide enough attention, the public will begin to think that Green Day supports these morons and the band image suffers badly as a result.

interesting theory that is my biggest fear from all of this the fans won't care about it cause we know the truth but the others will start to hate them and they won't get any new fans

I have 2 concerns.

2. Those children that appeared in that video are not so much being brainwashed by their parent's, but the children are being forced to hold a view on a subject that they know nothing about? What happened to liberal views and the freedom to express yourself and have your own opinion? Those parents are essentially denying their children that privilege and experience which could negatively affect their look on life, that is what makes me sick most of all.

Oh those children are definitely being brainwashed. They grow up only knowing one view (namely WBC's view) and learning that that is the only truth. They're not even forced to have that opinion, they never got a chance to have a or another opinion at all. Or any information even.

Edit: As for 1., I think most people won't be idiotic enough to think that Green Day support a WBC cover, and it's not the first time WBC has covered artists or something.

I have 2 concerns.

That's definitely not what the public's going to think.

Oh those children are definitely being brainwashed. They grow up only knowing one view (namely WBC's view) and learning that that is the only truth. They're not even forced to have that opinion, they never got a chance to have a or another opinion at all. Or any information even.

and that is the main problem here all of them are brainwashed i don't think that a normal human being will think like them or do what they do

shouldn't be the church a peaceful place that love and accept everyone ?? then why this church is like this?

**SNORT** That's a good one. :lol:

and that is the main problem here all of them are brainwashed i don't think that a normal human being will think like them or do what they do

no one's questioning that the WBC are crazy or brainwashed.

everyone know's they're not normal

As for 1., I think most people won't be idiotic enough to think that Green Day support a WBC cover, and it's not the first time WBC has covered artists or something, but I suppose it is something to be mildly considered.

Fair point. It concerns that people still hold such conservative views in this day and age. This is what happens when extremists get their hands on religion - plain stupidity.

**SNORT** That's a good one. :lol:

maybe it's not a church,maybe there is something else inside (just saying :P )

Just noticed the video was uploaded back in December. So I suppose if they were gonna do something about it they already would have. Google tells me they've done LOADS of these song parodies but I've never heard of them being sued over it, I guess people are choosing the "don't give them the attention they don't deserve" option.

maybe it's not a church,maybe there is something else inside (just saying :P )

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just a church, but a severely fucked up one.

Just noticed the video was uploaded back in December. So I suppose if they were gonna do something about it they already would have. Google tells me they've done LOADS of these song parodies but I've never heard of them being sued over it, I guess people are choosing the "don't give them the attention they don't deserve" option.

i think that's what they should get

Archived