Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

I wish GD would do a concert right in front of a WBC protest. I was thinking they could play "American Idiot" and "Platypus."

I have a bit of a personal grudge against the WBC. In my junior year of high school, a football player at our school had a heart attack during practice. He was airlifted to the hospital (only a few minutes away by chopper), but it was too late. I didn't know the guy that well, but he was a good student, and the couple of times that I had met him, he seemed to be a nice guy. Anyway, the WBC decided to picket outside of the school (because God hates football because it's a "faggy" sport and it's American and God hates fags and America and yadda yadda yadda). Some of us decided to organize a counter-protest, but the family of the student asked us not to so as not to give the assholes any more attention (we respected the wishes of the family). Only about a dozen of the dumbfucks showed up, anyway, but I was still sick to my stomach that they would do such a thing.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take this shit seriously :P I mean, they parodied I will always love you by Whitney Houston and named it God Will Always Hate You. I mean, am I SUPPOSED to take that seriously?

I'm laughing my ass of listening to these parodies. They don't expect anyone to actually take them serious right? :P

They're not trying to convert anyone so not really, all they want is attention. Best thing anyone can do is not give them it (and hope one day the law is tightened so that their protesting at funerals etc is treated as harassment and/or inciting hatred as it would be in many other countries so they won't legally be allowed to do it).

OMG I hadn't seen this before but if I am going to hell cause I live in Australia can it be after Soundwave next year. :wub:

Because you all say it's OK to be gay.

Soon there will be no more tomorrow,

Only darkness, wailing and sorrow,

And you can never argue."

those lyrics are true and funny

Those lyrics are funny? You're sickening.

I love the gay guy who bought a house directly across the street and painted the house in rainbow colors lmao

Is that a real thing? I need pics.

1. Why is this thread bumped.

2. You guys are fucking shitheads in the worst way.

You're always so nice iloveyou

1. Why is this thread bumped.

2. You guys are fucking shitheads in the worst way.

You're just continuing to keep the thread bumped up to the top of the page by posting this. If you're not interested in a thread don't click on it.

You're just continuing to keep the thread bumped up to the top of the page by posting this. If you're not interested in a thread don't click on it.

No one said I wasn't interested. I asked why it's back up after two years dead. What the fuck.

No one said I wasn't interested. I asked why it's back up after two years dead. What the fuck.

Probably because someone found it and wanted to comment on it? There's just not really any point in posting just to ask that. Dunno who or what the 2. part of your post was referring to either.

Probably because someone found it and wanted to comment on it? There's just not really any point in posting just to ask that. Dunno who or what the 2. part of your post was referring to either.

The people in this thread. "lez pee on their things lolzors" "lol I can insult them but they can't insult anyone". I agreed with Tman wholeheartedly until y'all backlashed him into flipflopping and, in his own words, "stooping to their level".

Everyone has fucking rights. Even if they're crazy.

Do people have a right to engage in hate speech, though?

Yes? Is that a legit question seriously...

Oh ffs, here we go... "Be nice to Westboro." How about no.

>implying

You know you are right...lets all be nice to the poor WBC folk and "respect" them even if they would require ten dictionarys to have any vauge grasp of the definition of that word themselves. Why don't we throw a big gay bashing hate picnic and invite them and any neo-nazi's, and why not the KKK while we are at it... #joy.

You know you are right...lets all be nice to the poor WBC folk and "respect" them even if they would require ten dictionarys to have any vauge grasp of the definition of that word themselves. Why don't we throw a big gay bashing hate picnic and invite them and any neo-nazi's, and why not the KKK while we are at it... #joy.

We could also compare racially aggravated violence and starting riots at funerals with retaliatory criticism on an internet forum too, why not?

There's a difference between respecting someone's right to an opinion and respecting the opinion itself.

In the case of the WBC, do the former, not the latter.

Yes? Is that a legit question seriously...

>implying

Hate speech is actually not legal so there for no they dont have rights to preach hate...

The people in this thread. "lez pee on their things lolzors" "lol I can insult them but they can't insult anyone". I agreed with Tman wholeheartedly until y'all backlashed him into flipflopping and, in his own words, "stooping to their level".

Everyone has fucking rights. Even if they're crazy.

I agree that they have rights, they should have the same rights as everyone. But everyone's rights should end where they start impinging on other people's rights. The right not to be harassed or to have people incite violence against you for example. I think in the UK and a lot of other countries the "protesting" they do would be illegal as it would break laws on harassment and inciting hatred.

I think in the UK and a lot of other countries the "protesting" they do would be illegal as it would break laws on harassment and inciting hatred.

I'm sorry to hear that. Here, in the Bill of Rights, we have the right to peaceably assemble, as well as others. People seem to forget that those rights apply to everyone when they actually like the thing being protested. At the point that people are hacking their website and all, their rights are not being respected as we would want from them.

I'm sorry to hear that. Here, in the Bill of Rights, we have the right to peaceably assemble, as well as others. People seem to forget that those rights apply to everyone when they actually like the thing being protested. At the point that people are hacking their website and all, their rights are not being respected as we would want from them.

In the US hate groups/speeches that are used to spike hatred and violence are illegal and NOT protected by bill of rights hence why they've been arrested at their protests they also have in the past damaged graves of gays and childen (tho they have seemed to stop doing that)

They have earned no respect so they don't get respect

Respect is something earned not given...

They have earned no respect so they don't get respect

Except I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about their rights.

Respect is something earned not given...

Not when it comes to rights, it isn't.

Archived