Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

Does anyone know if GD or their people can do anything about this?

I'm pretty sure they can because as it was said they are using the official backing track (I'm sorta doubting that though) and they are making a parody of there song without any permission. Hopefully they do hear about this and do something about it because I'm pretty sure GD would be disgusted to see what there song has been turned into

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wow, ugh and to think that these abnormal people are preaching this to not only the rest of the world, but to their children. The children that will have no other option but to follow in their parent's footsteps, or they'll "corrupt" their lives. Such nonsense!! :pinch: It's one thing to make silly songs about it, but to go out and picket funerals? That's just crazy and disrespectful! :dry:

The song doesn't really bother me, but this is the first I've heard of these people & watching that video just made me really angry that people like that exist and are so. fucking. stupid.

WBC is just a group of trolls. They get off on people getting angry at them and they never shut the hell up. The funny thing is why don't they leave the United States if they hate it so much. That's a question none of their leaders is able to ever answer. I can't even deal with their bullshit.

In regards to the song, can't the band sue them for copyright or something? If Billie, Mike or Tre heard they did this, I bet they would fucking furious.

WBC hate gay people, they hate Australia, they hate every country.

I'm surprised they don't hate themselves.

As deplorable as this is, does anyone else think the guy singing this sounds like Jon from Pansy Division? In that case, this sounds like an alternate universe, self-hating Pansy Division, which is hilarious to me in context. WBC's trolling hate isn't effective when you treat them like a pathetic joke.

In regards to the song, can't the band sue them for copyright or something? If Billie, Mike or Tre heard they did this, I bet they would fucking furious.

They sure can! They have no rights to be using it and if they even tried asking them, they would definitely say no. Theres no way they would allow them to ruin a song by turning it into something they are for. Hopefully one of them hears it and takes legal action. At least they'd finally loose in a court case. Theres no way they could use anything about god to try and win the case.

Is it true that they are planning on making a parody of Wake Me Up When September Ends? :mellow:

It's sad that even as shocking and disturbing that this is, i'm kinda used to their fucked up agendas.

They've been around for awhile and everyone just ignores them and sees them as ignorant. I mean even Fox News has bitched out Shirley Phelps, which is like woah! :rolleyes:

If you lived in the US and were frequently subjected to the antics of the WBC, you'd understand. These people picket, protest and heckle the funerals of military men and women who died serving their country (and, ironically, protecting the WBC's right to do so). Recording a parody of a Green Day song, offensive as it may be, is nothing to get your panties in a wad about by comparison. Hence, I laugh at how utterly ridiculous it is.

Not to mention it's self defeating, considering they're parodying a song that was more or less already parodying American culture, albeit the original was not as hateful. And they're taking it seriously. Anyone who's not changing lyrics to be funny is just kind of kidding themselves. The lyrics they've written for this song are so scathing and hateful that it's nearly impossible to take them seriously. It's like Mindless Self Indulgence only they're not writing their own stuff and they're being totally serious about what they're saying. And like Ben said, this is mild in comparison to the other things they've done...I mean really, openly thanking God for 9/11? And making a song about THAT? Far worse, in my opinion. Bottom line is they're trying to be clever, but Green Day was already clever-er.

They should have taken down the WBC along with Osama. I fucking hate that 'church' and anything related to it.

Well, the difference between picketing funerals and parodying Green Day is that if Green Day finds out about it, they aren't dead. They're alive... and feisty. Taking on the living is something I'm not used to seeing from the WBC. I mean, they have their little pickets where they shout at people, and at the families of the dead soldiers, but the target is actually the dead person.

And Billie's brother now knows about the 'parody.'

They should have taken down the WBC along with Osama. I fucking hate that 'church' and anything related to it.

that's won't be enough for them :P they should be shot and burned and to be thrown from the THIRD floor then throw them to the sea

I am so happy I'm no longer a member of any Christian church. Not all of them are like that, but it's still disgusting.

I am so happy I'm no longer a member of any Christian church. Not all of them are like that, but it's still disgusting.

that's the interesting thing why a CHURCH let something like this happen ?

that's the interesting thing why a CHURCH let something like this happen ?

Because that's what churches do?

(Sorry, I only have really negative experiences of churches :D)

That video knocked me sick...what they were saying about 9/11...and everything

I feel sorry for those young children, indoctrinating them...the same methods used by Hitler and the Nazis. Disgusting people.

Oh and btw kid, "Jesus was killed by the Jews"...yeah Jesus was a Jew...just so you know /awkward

that's won't be enough for them :P they should be shot and burned and to be thrown from the THIRD floor then throw them to the sea

Even that isn't enough for those assholes. :dry:

I'm not religious. But I respect all religions: Christianity, Hindu, Satanism, whatever. People are free to believe whatever they want, and I won't judge them for that, as long as they don't make a huge deal about it.

But I do not and never will have respect for the WBC. I know that pretty much contradicts what I just said, but these people...for fucks sake. The fact that they have taken the word of the Bible and twisted into something so tasteless and sickening just blows my mind. I don't know how the fuck that pathetic excuse for a 'church' is still around. And the fact that they corrupt children into have the same beliefs depresses me.

Even that isn't enough for those assholes. :dry:

I'm not religious. But I respect all religions: Christianity, Hindu, Satanism, whatever. People are free to believe whatever they want, and I won't judge them for that, as long as they don't make a huge deal about it.

But I do not and never will have respect for the WBC. I know that pretty much contradicts what I just said, but these people...for fucks sake. The fact that they have taken the word of the Bible and twisted into something so tasteless and sickening just blows my mind. I don't know how the fuck that pathetic excuse for a 'church' is still around. And the fact that they corrupt children into have the same beliefs depresses me.

I don't think this contradicts what you just said. It isn't their religion that you don't respect, as far as I can tell. It's the way they go about spewing hatred, and corrupting innocent children to grow up to be as hateful as they are, and to hurt innocent people. Those families who lost soldiers, and whoever else they've picketed. Funerals are hard enough as it is. Losing a loved one is the most painful thing a person can go through. And these... people (I don't even consider them to be people. They aren't worthy of that title, but lack of a better word causes me to cave and said 'people') they have the nerve to go to funerals, and shout obscene things and wave their posters at those who've lost somebody dear to them. I can't even imagine that.

They're protected under the first amendment, but I don't see how. What they do is pure hatefulness, and that HAS to be some form of slander. And picketing funerals? How is that not some form of harassment? I don't get it.

That video knocked me sick...what they were saying about 9/11...and everything

I feel sorry for those young children, indoctrinating them...the same methods used by Hitler and the Nazis. Disgusting people.

Oh and btw kid, "Jesus was killed by the Jews"...yeah Jesus was a Jew...just so you know /awkward

Jesus wanted to be killed ...and in his time everyone was Jew

I think it's about time I prank called this church. Who thinks I should?

Archived