Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

I'm trying very hard not to go on a long rant about this, cause it's made me almost sick to the stomach for so many different reasons.

For those of you who don't know who the Westboro Baptist Church are, they're a small cult-like group of 'christians' who spread 'god's hate'.

Wikipedia

The video got removed from youtube, so here's the audio:

[link was also deleted from source]

(thanks Liam for finding the link. Looks like it was uploaded by one of the WBC members)

and a video of some of the kids from the WBC singing it:

[video no longer available]

(at 1:18 - 1:27)

lyrics:

You wanna be an american idiot.

You are a nation under fag media.

And you will hear the sound of hysteria

When your Creator destroys you, america.

Chorus:

Welcome to the last generation

Of the human experimentation

Because you all say it's OK to be gay.

Soon there will be no more tomorrow,

Only darkness, wailing and sorrow,

And you can never argue.

Well surely you're the faggot america.

You are a part of a sodomite agenda,

And all you perverts do the propaganda.

You must have missed our timely memoranda:

Chorus

You wanna be an american sodomite.

One nation controlled by fag media.

And we are telling you you'll have hysteria.

We are crying to sodomite america.

I'm just... beyond words. Does anyone know if GD or their people can do anything about this?

EDIT:

There's also a version of WMUWSE called 'Coming Soon' (thanks for people in the thread for finding and pointing it out)

you can listen to it by double-clicking the song title on their website. May need to refresh it a few times.

lyrics:

The Lord sent us here and now

To love our neighbor, cry aloud

To warn you all the Lord is coming soon

Your pastors and priests are blind

You wonder why we hold these signs

You hate your children

You taught them God’s a liar

You broke their moral compasses

You passed them through the fire

Turn ye, from your evil ways

Stop your sinning, just obey

We warn you all the Lord is coming soon

God’s the potter, we’re the clay

Our job is to obey today

Here comes His church again

Her words are bold and clear

Our duty is to warn you all

And that is why we’re here

Divorce, abortion, idolatry

He’ll laugh at your calamity, so

We’re so thankful for our lots

To help you all connect the dots

Enter in, while there is still room

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are sick people ! they don't have to do all this if they hate god !

oh my god. this is fucking awful. this is fucking terrible. i went and counter-protested against wbc last summer when they came here. the fact that they even tied in green day one bit makes me sick. they are some of the most closed-minded people ive ever seen. following their leader completely blindly.i...just dont know how to respond to this

Holy shit! I'd heard their Lady Gaga one and that was ridiculous enough. Don't they realize all they're doing is making themselves into even more of a laughing stock? Quite the opposite of converting anyone to their disgusting beliefs it only makes people take them even less seriously.

I feel so sorry for their brainwashed children forced to participate in this crap. I hope Green Day can and do sue them.

I'm gonna be blunt, that actually kind of made me laugh. For one, almost everything the WBC does makes me laugh at this point, but two, it means that someone in the WBC had to listen to that evil fag band from the center of American faggotry over and over again to come up with the lyrics. And ten points for using an actual Green Day backing track. Lawsuit, anyone?

Actually ya know what i didnt think about it like that... actually makes it kind of hilarious

I'm just... beyond words. Does anyone know if GD or their people can do anything about this?

Makes me totally fucking sick considering that American Idiot itself is aimed at nutjobs like these. Unfortunately it's probably (a) protected speech under the 1st Amendment, and (b) protected against copyright infringement by fair-use "parody" principles. This wouldn't prevent a flash mob of Green Day fans from picketing at their church building and screaming East Jesus Nowhere at them at the top of their lungs.

Not that I'm *advocating* that anyone do that, just sayin'......

:ninja:

I'm gonna be blunt, that actually kind of made me laugh. For one, almost everything the WBC does makes me laugh at this point, but two, it means that someone in the WBC had to listen to that evil fag band from the center of American faggotry over and over again to come up with the lyrics. And ten points for using an actual Green Day backing track. Lawsuit, anyone?

I want to be upset about this, but Aska, when you live over here and these wackos make the news a few times a month, you see that they've gone from a public nuisance to a parody of themselves. Maybe it was just the picture of Jesus having sex with himself, but I found the whole thing darkly comedic. Best to just laugh it off. Trolls gonna troll, and the WBC are real-life trolls.

i agree with some of what you said ..."And ten points for using an actual Green Day backing track" lol, and that the lyrics are funny ,but on the other hand they shouldn't do all that to say that they hate god i mean it's okay to see what you think and what you feel but i think they are over reacting.

i gotta be honest and say they are smart people ..........

"Welcome to the last generation

And you can never argue."

those lyrics are true and funny

I want to be upset about this, but Aska, when you live over here and these wackos make the news a few times a month, you see that they've gone from a public nuisance to a parody of themselves. Maybe it was just the picture of Jesus having sex with himself, but I found the whole thing darkly comedic. Best to just laugh it off. Trolls gonna troll, and the WBC are real-life trolls.

I really can see where you're coming from, and if they weren't hurting people and just kept to themselves and only ever were publicly active over the internet, I'd laugh too, but what they do - going out and targeting funerals - cannot ever, ever be funny for me.

The worst part about this for me is the kids singing it. I know they use their kids, this isn't new information for me, but it never gets any easier for me to watch, especially with this song.

American Idiot was the song that lead me to get into GD and become who I am today, to see a song with so much meaning about being yourself and thinking for yourself be taken and skewed into some homophobic propaganda bullshit, it's upsetting. If this was written as a parody, I wouldn't have a problem, but these people are serious, so I just can't see it as a joke.

At first, I actually thought that this was by that satirical religious-nutjob website that had a thing about 'The Greendays" awhile ago :lol:

But now, every time I see WBC anywhere, I automatically get ready for a laugh. Because whatever their intentions, and however serious they may be, they just end up making asses out of themselves.

More seriously, this isn't cool. Like, at all. And I'm sure if there is a God, he wouldn't approve of this bullshit.

Well, I must say I find this hilarious :lol:

Of course it's a little offensive and stupid, but I can't help but laugh.

3. The "parody" aspect is protected, but the backing track is not. If that's the actual Green Day backing/karaoke track (and it sure sounds like it it) and the WBC has sold a single copy of that track, they're liable for damages. Of course, knowing the WBC, they probably sold it through a shadow company, if it was sold to anyone at all, specifically to ensure that if they did get sued, the penniless shadow corp would be the entity that got hit with a huge judgment.

what green day can do about this?

They can do something.

It's the actual track.

Like Ben said before, LAWSUIT. :woot:

I only find it funny. It's just so ridiculous it becomes funny.

Also, @Fadi, I don't think they hate God. The opposite, really. I think they think God to hates us all because we're "sinners". :rolleyes:

i agree with some of what you said ..."And ten points for using an actual Green Day backing track" lol, and that the lyrics are funny ,but on the other hand they shouldn't do all that to say that they hate god i mean it's okay to see what you think and what you feel but i think they are over reacting.

i gotta be honest and say they are smart people ..........

"Welcome to the last generation

And you can never argue."

those lyrics are true and funny

True and funny? :huh:

They don't hate God, they're nutjob Christian extremists who think God hates "fags" and sinners.

True and funny? :huh:

They don't hate God, they're nutjob Christian extremists who think God hates "fags" and sinners.

yaa i know that's why i said it's funny and about true i don't know why i said it :blink::huh::shy::pinch:

unfortunately idt thats the actually backing track..........

still sickening as hell

it makes me want to laugh and vomit at the same time. is that possible?

I think this is definitely one thing that the band isn't going to just let slide by. Normally little disputes that cause a lot of heat in the fans would just go unnoticed, but taking the song and completely tearing it apart and turning it into something that Billie was singing against...I really hope they do something about it. I hope it gets ugly for the church (not that they could get any uglier).

I did find it fairly amusing when I was listening to it, but I've never felt so...sick I guess? Normally I don't bother paying attention to things like this, to who's ripped off the band most recently or the latest media slander or whatever. But the whole idea of this really makes me feel sick.

i lol'd. does that make me a bad person? just when i thought they couldn't go any lower, they somehow managed to do it. this kind of thing makes it look like they don't even take themselves seriously anymore, like they know they're 'fame' is a complete joke.

I think this is definitely one thing that the band isn't going to just let slide by. Normally little disputes that cause a lot of heat in the fans would just go unnoticed, but taking the song and completely tearing it apart and turning it into something that Billie was singing against...I really hope they do something about it. I hope it gets ugly for the church (not that they could get any uglier).

I did find it fairly amusing when I was listening to it, but I've never felt so...sick I guess? Normally I don't bother paying attention to things like this, to who's ripped off the band most recently or the latest media slander or whatever. But the whole idea of this really makes me feel sick.

yaa i hope that the band will do something about it too and not let it go :runaround:

yaa i hope that the band will do something about it to and not let it go :runaround:

yaa i know that's why i said it's funny and about true i don't know why i said it :blink::huh::shy::pinch:

Ahh I see, just a misunderstanding. No worries.

this is exactly my feelings

I'm with Ben on this one... as disgusting and terrible as it is, I can't take WBC seriously, at all. All they're doing is making themselves look like idiots, and doing stuff like this just proves it even more. I really wish they hadn't used American Idiot though, but I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Green Day has to say.

Archived