Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker

i'm starting to think they hate green day weird :huh:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, choosing the one Green Day song that has a line which seems to support homosexuality (Maybe I'm the faggot America) and completely changing it into anti-gay crap

I saw them attack Lady Gaga as well, her response video on YouTube is hilarious :lol:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. Nothing they do really surprises or shocks me anymore. Haters gonna hate and trolls are gonna troll. Hopefully legal action can be taken against the WBC for this, but I'm kind of doubting it because the original song allows parodies and all that. It's sad that they've gotten this much attention for the hate they spread, and worse, that they're brainwashing their kids with this. I wonder if the band will respond to this in any way.

that's the interesting thing why a CHURCH let something like this happen ?

Because that's what churches do?

(Sorry, I only have really negative experiences of churches :D)

The WBC isn't a church in any way except in its name. It's a cult, a sick, evil cult. Everything they do is completely against christian ideas of love and acceptance. Jussayin'

Guest Honey Emerald

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you:"

I see the WBC as not doing any of these things, which are a part of the foundation of Christianity. They are seriously NOT Christians.

I saw them attack Lady Gaga as well, her response video on YouTube is hilarious :lol:

Do you have a link to that? I'd like to see her response.

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you:"

I see the WBC as not doing any of these things, which are a part of the foundation of Christianity. They are seriously NOT Christians.

They are Christians. All Christians throughtout history have interpreted the Bible their own way, the WBC has just interpreted it in a particularly disgusting and offensive way. They're certainly not the first to do that. That doesn't mean they represent all Christians of course, just as extremist Muslim suicide bombers don't represent all Muslims. All denominations of Christianity pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to follow and how they follow them, just because they've picked differently it doesn't mean they're not Christians.

It doesn't matter though, because they only represent themselves not all Christians, and everyone knows that.

Funny. I'm sure that is contradicted several times throughout the whole book but this isn't the religion thread. :P

It was good until the God loves Gaga part, but it's okay. She never makes much sense.

I've been watching Shirley Phelps and her daughters' visit to Central Michigan University. I wanted to see what they're like from a conversation standpoint and yes they're just as crazy. The beginning is a little slow but it starts to pick up around part 4 when the Q and A begins. The previous four are just Shirley talking about how the WBC got started. Mind you the first guy is horrible at defending himself :happy:.

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker

It was good until the God loves Gaga part, but it's okay. She never makes much sense.

Thats Lady Gaga for you!

Guest Charlotte.

The fact that their official website has the address that it does kind of renders them a joke anyway, really. Their stupidity is beyond me, but the fact that the creator has used a Green Day song, honestly, did make me lol.

I also can't see the band letting it slide, and I think that many of the artists whose songs have been used in this also wouldn't if they know about them. It's one thing to create an original song along these lines; it's a totally different thing to rip off someone's music in the process of preaching the sickening message that they are.

What I just heard is trash. Bullshit! Sue these guys.

Atleast the lead singer didn't disappoint me. Don't you think he sang well? It sounded like the AI Musical version.

I would love to know if the band or the band's management knew about this. I mean, I don't know what they could do, but I feel that they'd want to know... y'know?

if someone took my work, and flipped its meaning around so that it was discriminatory and offensive, I'd bloody well want to know.

Atleast the lead singer didn't disappoint me. Don't you think he sang well? It sounded like the AI Musical version.

:huh:

:mellow:

Apparently, they DID parody Wake Me Up When September Ends. The parody is CALLED Coming Soon.

Apparently, they DID parody Wake Me Up When September Ends. The parody is CALLED Coming Soon.

Yeah, it plays if you double click the name on their parody list. Thankfully it isn't anywhere near as bad, but it is basically all "the lord is coming, you're going to die" with a dig towards divorce, abortion and idolatry. It really irritates me that they can do this to people's songs.

maybe those guys are green day fans?! cause they are using their song a lot lately lol

Yeah, it plays if you double click the name on their parody list. Thankfully it isn't anywhere near as bad, but it is basically all "the lord is coming, you're going to die" with a dig towards divorce, abortion and idolatry. It really irritates me that they can do this to people's songs.

I don't know. I can't even get on their site. I couldn't yesterday either. It just... won't load.

maybe those guys are green day fans?! cause they are using their song a lot lately lol

They're picking popular liberal songs to bastardize because they want to piss people off. I'm sure Green Day would be on their 'Going To Hell' list.

I don't know. I can't even get on their site. I couldn't yesterday either. It just... won't load.

I had to refresh it a few times, but it worked eventually.

Lol! Such assholes! Hopefully they will get stopped soon. If not for their homophobia then for their alienation of a green day song! :D

HILARIOUS!!

I have to admit I had to laugh it off myself cus no one takes these guys seriously. It still kinda pissed me off tho that they took a song like WMUWSE (with it being about Billie's dad and all) and made it just ridiculous, but you can't do much but laugh it off. Don't want to give them too much attention lol

Edit: It makes you wonder, they've covered all these songs by artists who are supposedly doomed, but it makes you wonder who the "sinner" is that has to listen to the original version first. :lol:

All i say is that they are too stupid write their own song, they have to rip off green day, therefore green day still wins.

this is so disgusting... i cant even give a word to how i feel about this

Who the fuck are these idiots ?

I like the chick who just kept sticking the finger at them. She's cool.

I kinda want to punch them so badly. But then I'll stoop below them..

Archived