Westboro Baptist Church's version of American Idiot and WMUWSE

pasalaska

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just a church, but a severely fucked up one.

i would love to see what they do there :woot:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is honestly so fucking upsetting.

This.

I was listening to the others with my friends the other night, and it was a really strange feeling. I had a smile on my face, but it was a mixture of "Jesus this is ridiculous" and "Oh God nervous smile because they're serious".

:(

Am I then only one who lol'd listening to this? In truth, this is really just a hilariously bad cover that is more a parody of itself than its source material. Don't they wonder why the song was called American Idiot in the first place?

Oh my god.What is this?Fucking animals.I feel sorry for their kids,when they grow up they'll be just like their parents.I feel so sad about the hate and rage that lives in this world.

I couldn't even get through the first verse. Hearing THAT mixed with that guitar riff that I know and love... it was making me nauseous. What even?

I don't even know what to say about this. I agree with some people, the worst part of all of this is that they used the kids.

Ohh,.. I love Michael Moore

video

This is amazing. What is this from?!

This is amazing. What is this from?!

pretty sure it's from Moore's TV show The Awful Truth

Guest EDIT

It was pretty f**ked up to see those kids singing it and the whole thing is pretty messed up. I don't think GD could nor will do anything about it, I don't think they used any official stuff in the song and parodys are legal so yeah. I thought it was pretty stupid and their lyrics were not really humorous to me either. :mellow::huh::dry:=/:wacko::sick:

Just a little perspective, folks.....spotted this on a car bumper in my neighborhood quite some time ago. So priceless, I had to grab a picture of it:

Bumper.jpg

I thought it was pretty stupid and their lyrics were not really humorous to me either. :mellow::huh::dry:=/:wacko::sick:

These morons wouldn't know humour if it jumped up their arses and did a tango. They just want to be controversial in order to draw attention to their fucked up ideology.

These nutjobs should be glad that they live in America, if they lived over here they would have been locked up ages ago for inciting hatred.

This guy was arrested for putting anti gay stickers on walls, which is not much compared to the WBC

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/05/13/teen-arrested-over-anti-gay-stickers-may-be-charged-with-inciting-hatred/

I wish that we could do that to them. I know that the First Amendment has to be upheld, but protesting soldier's funerals makes me want to gut these fuckers like the vermin they are.

Also, couldn't the band sue for infringement of copyrighted material or whatever? Usually I'm all for using samples and remixing songs, but let the law work against the WBC for a change...

1. I sincely doubt that the WBC would troll GDC. We're much too small (and don't have nearly enough money) to be worth suing for DDoS.

2. No one's going to mistake that for Green Day singing. Nobody will think that GD supports the WBC because of a fair-use provisioned parody.

Why can they just use the song and Weird Al has to get permission? What's the difference and why can't something be done about?

Why can they just use the song and Weird Al has to get permission? What's the difference and why can't something be done about?

Weird Al doesn't have to get permission, but he does it anyway, because he likes to keep a good rapport with the musicians he works with.

Weird Al doesn't have to get permission, but he does it anyway, because he likes to keep a good rapport with the musicians he works with.

Oh, I see. So that also makes him a nice guy about using other people's material instead of just using it to their advantage, like WBC did.

Weird Al makes parodies with the intention of making a shit-ton of money on them. Hence, he has to get permission and pay licensing and royalties. This song was apparently for "internal" use only, and probably distribution via free channels. If the WBC were going to release a CD with this song on it and they didn't credit (and pay) Green Day for the music--regardless of whether the original backing track is used or not--then Warner and Green Day could sue the fuck out of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_Al%22_Yankovic#Reactions_from_original_artists

Looks like recording a parody falls under "fair use" in most cases.

Weird Al makes parodies with the intention of making a shit-ton of money on them. Hence, he has to get permission and pay licensing and royalties. This song was apparently for "internal" use only, and probably distribution via free channels. If the WBC were going to release a CD with this song on it and they didn't credit (and pay) Green Day for the music--regardless of whether the original backing track is used or not--then Warner and Green Day could sue the fuck out of them.

So if it was for "internal" use only, they didn't intend for it to be uploaded to youtube for the world to see? Yes, I understand they don't make money on youtube but still...internal and an international video viewing site do not equate.

I'm not trying to argue this point, btw...I'm just pissed that they can just use the song to their advantage without reprocussions.

I'm not trying to argue this point, btw...I'm just pissed that they can just use the song to their advantage without reprocussions.

Me too. Don't their fair-use rights run out after a certain amount of usage of copyrighted material? They've parodied loads of songs and posted them on their website (godhatesfags.com). I watched a documentary once called RIP: A Remix Manifesto, and at a certain point the guy ran out of fair-use rights. It was quite ironic for the purposes of the documentary (which advocated for fair-use extensions for artists like Girl Talk), but it could be fun to watch the WBC burn.

Apparently, a lot of the people involved with WBC are lawyers. They deliberately wind people up and if you attack them, they sue for damages. They know exactly what they're doing. Luckily, I don't think you can cover & release a song in the UK (and perhaps some countries as well) if you've changed the lyrics without the artist's permission.

this has made me soooooo angry :pinch:

i think that the worst thing about this is that this song (original American Idiot) against idiots is now being turn against us (green day fans and smart non stupid people)

:mad:

And I thought Vonnegutt and Cassadee Pope's cover was bad! Jesus fucking christ I can't even use that phrase any more!

Archived