Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you. Only one week left to enter.

Photo

The Hunger Games Trilogy

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,623 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,858 rep

I know you didn't ask me but I feel an explosive need to voice my input because I absolutely loathed that shitty wreck of literature myself.

It's obviously all about opinion, but the way I feel about it, was that it was poorly written, rushed and just plain out unecessary. It's okay to murder characters but it's not okay to murder the charachter of the characters! I was left with an impression that the author suddenly got bored and just rushed down an ending just to get it over with.

Agreed. As I was reading it I got the impression she'd just kind of written it as she went along with no forward planning. "Ok so this thing happened then, uh, I passed out? Yeah that'll do, I passed out. For the 17th time in a chapter. Oh look, I'm suddenly in my 30s." What?!

• Göta likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,801 rep

I can't get over what a brilliant job they've done with the films. They get progressively better and more epic (as they should do) instead of dwindling into an anti-climactic pile of shite like the books did. 

Reading the books is like reading the first draft of the script or something, it's not a patch on the films. 

Mockingjay part one had a real sense of urgency to it, the stakes feel much higher than they did before. 

Spoiler

I hate that the last one is a year away. I want it now :(

• Morrissey. likes this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,623 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,858 rep

So I saw Mockingjay Part 1 earlier and holy FUCK I do not know what to do with my life. I'm just absolutely blown away. They've done such an amazing job and it's so much better than the book it's impossible. J-Law's performance was absolutely fucking incredible, and her speech in front of the bombed out hospital was just so intense and moving it still hasn't sunk in. Just... wow. Lost for words, honestly.

• Rosie May likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,801 rep

^I'm the same. Can't get over how great they made it. Jennifer Lawerence is as amazing as always. It doesn't even feel like she's acting. 

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,575 rep

So, I saw Mockingjay last night - as someone who can't really remember the book perfectly, I don't have too much to compare it to, but it was obviously a great film. Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic, President Coin isn't a great tactician (if you take out all power to your enemy's centre of operations, you don't just launch a covert rescue mission - YOU BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THEM), and I'm calling dibs on BestDressedRebel if I change my username.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users