Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

The Hunger Games Trilogy

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep
Spoiler

Spoiler

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,518 rep

Spoiler

Spoiler

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Not Anyone. likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,379 rep

Unfortunately, the Games are probably the best part of the series, seeing how badly the love triangle and revolution bits are handled.

The revolution had the potential to be really amazing, but it sort of descended into a big mess.

Spoiler

Yep. They're pulling a Deathly Hallows :lol:

I hate how that's become the new trend now. It worked for HP because there was enough plot to justify two films, most other franchises don't really, but hey, cash in where you can I suppose. :dry:

• Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,518 rep

I hate how that's become the new trend now. It worked for HP because there was enough plot to justify two films, most other franchises don't really, but hey, cash in where you can I suppose. :dry:

In this case I'm kind of glad they're splitting it, though. It suggests to me they might be changing up the story from the book enough to actually make it good.

• Rosie May likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,361 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,379 rep

:lol: We can always hope. I don't what it is with the books that stops them from being engaging. I just find the writing really flat and matter of fact, so I don't really care about what happens. A scene that I would've read in the book that had no real effect is suddenly heartbreaking/epic in the films. (Eg. the riots after Rue in the first film, :cry: That was so moving, but it the book it was just meh.)

• Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,518 rep

:lol: We can always hope. I don't what it is with the books that stops them from being engaging. I just find the writing really flat and matter of fact, so I don't really care about what happens. A scene that I would've read in the book that had no real effect is suddenly heartbreaking/epic in the films. (Eg. the riots after Rue in the first film, :cry: That was so moving, but it the book it was just meh.)

It's totally devoid of any emotion. Every time something major happens, Katniss' response is "Oh, that happened, but I'm too tired/injured/depressed/dead to care, brb ignoring everything for a month." It reads more like the diary of an ME sufferer than some badass, empowering female superhero. 

• Lindsay likes this

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep

The revolution had the potential to be really amazing, but it sort of descended into a big mess.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have a feeling that the films (or at least one of them) will far surpass the book though. I could be wrong, but I think they'll be epic films.

• Rosie May likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,518 rep

My favourite thing about the first film was the fact they added Seneca Crane scenes so we got to see more of Wes Bentley's beard.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,361 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,379 rep

^That thing was amazing :woot: I thought the presenters explaining about the wasp yokes (what were they called again?) and those other exposition-y parts worked better than having Katniss explaining everything in voice over or something/

It's totally devoid of any emotion. Every time something major happens, Katniss' response is "Oh, that happened, but I'm too tired/injured/depressed/dead to care, brb ignoring everything for a month." It reads more like the diary of an ME sufferer than some badass, empowering female superhero. 

:lol: I don't mind her being depressed occasionally,

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have a feeling that the films (or at least one of them) will far surpass the book though. I could be wrong, but I think they'll be epic films.

Spoiler

I have hope for the last two films, I just hope the split actually works for it. :happy:

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,673 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,518 rep

^That thing was amazing :woot: I thought the presenters explaining about the wasp yokes (what were they called again?) and those other exposition-y parts worked better than having Katniss explaining everything in voice over or something/

:lol: I don't mind her being depressed occasionally,

Spoiler

That beard is the only beard I've ever approved of and I want one. Oh, the Tracker Jackers? Yeah, they were great. You can't really go wrong with Stanley Tucci and Toby Jones in any circumstances, though.

Yeah, I just thought beating her down like that was a terrible idea. Obviously she'd be depressed after everything that had happened, but it was really overdone given how she was meant to be such a strong character. And, see, I'm of the believe that

Spoiler

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep

I have hope for the last two films, I just hope the split actually works for it. :happy:

Me too. :happy: I'm excited even though Part 1 is still almost a year away :lol: This thread should become pretty interesting once they start marketing it :happy:

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,361 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,379 rep

That beard is the only beard I've ever approved of and I want one. Oh, the Tracker Jackers? Yeah, they were great. You can't really go wrong with Stanley Tucci and Toby Jones in any circumstances, though.

Yeah, I just thought beating her down like that was a terrible idea. Obviously she'd be depressed after everything that had happened, but it was really overdone given how she was meant to be such a strong character. And, see, I'm of the believe that

Spoiler

Tracker jackers! That was it, I completely blanked on that :lol:

Spoiler

Me too. :happy: I'm excited even though Part 1 is still almost a year away :lol: This thread should become pretty interesting once they start marketing it :happy:

Yeah, I hate how long the wait is in between, but at least that makes it last longer :yay: (btw Avox is such a great user name, I like how it looks written down :lol: ) The Avoxes would be interesting to see on screen but it's pretty clear they probably won't appear now since they haven't already. =/ They really add to the world of Panem though, it's such a creepy idea to have your tongue cut out. :blink:  

• Avox likes this

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep

Yeah, I hate how long the wait is in between, but at least that makes it last longer :yay: (btw Avox is such a great user name, I like how it looks written down :lol: ) The Avoxes would be interesting to see on screen but it's pretty clear they probably won't appear now since they haven't already. =/ They really add to the world of Panem though, it's such a creepy idea to have your tongue cut out. :blink:  

Thank you! :happy: If I remember correctly you can see some servant/Avox types in the background during the first film, during the dinner scenes while Katniss and Peeta are training. I assume those are the Avoxes, it's just a shame they're not actually mentioned or anything. I guess it counts as a little thing to pick up on if you've read the books. :happy:

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,361 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,379 rep

^Oh cool, I never noticed that before, :o I'll look out for them next time. 

Advertising

Avox

Avox
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2014
  • 131 rep

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman :/ So Mockingjay parts 1 and 2 will be his final films.

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 470 rep

Saw the trailer today before Maze Runner, it looks interesting. Not sure what I will think of it compared to the last two. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users