Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Hunger Games Trilogy

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
It's been confirmed for a while now that they're going to making a movie, but just in case you didn't know, well, now you do. The Hunger Games is a hugely successful book series by Suzanne Collins about sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who's forced into a televised game of survival against twenty-three other kids. In the Hunger Games, it's kill or be killed, and the last one standing wins. The books were a really intense read and I'm really hoping the movie doesn't disappoint.
Spoiler

According to the Hunger Games IMBD page, Katniss is to be played by Jennifer Lawrence, Peeta is to be played by Josh Hutcherson, Gale is to be played by Liam Hemsworth, and you can look up the rest for yourselves either on that site or, more conveniently, on the official Facebook page. Overall, I think they're pretty decent picks. I will discuss further opinions once this thread gets going a little. So get crackin'!

Zero.

Zero.
  • Antarctic Penguin Ruler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 129 rep
I loved the books, especially the first one... still not sure about the third though... Anyways, I don't know if I'm excited about this movie or not.... I love the books because I can really imagine it in my mind, and I think that the movie could ruin how I read the books... I dunno, still unsure about it..

kristinsinferno

kristinsinferno
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2009
  • 106 rep
I'm excited to see it! I try to be optimistic about movies. Even though the books are always better, it's cool to see someone else's interpretation.
I can see parental ratings over this being disputed. Even though it is a CHILDREN'S book, it has, ya know, children killing each other.

radiofriendlyunitshifter

radiofriendlyunitshifter
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2010
  • 46 rep
The series is awesome. But Katniss is going to be blonde for the movie =/

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep

The series is awesome. But Katniss is going to be blonde for the movie http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I'm pretty sure they're going to dye her hair, silly. :P Just like they're going to dye Josh's hair blond for Peeta.

Nickofsuburbia

Nickofsuburbia
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 132 rep
i have been meaning to read this series for awhile now. Thanks for reminding me!

Broken_Tune

Broken_Tune
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined Jan 11, 2011
  • 14 rep
I am absolutely in love with the series! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I really hope the movie turns out well!

Sarabeth

Sarabeth
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Joined Sep 19, 2010
  • 188 rep
I've read those books a countless number of times! They are soooo amazing! My English teacher and I talk about our predictions for the movie all the time. I'm really excited for it

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep
JOSH HUTCHERSON FOR PEETA??
Pu-lease.
Peeta is supposed to be attractive. :cry:

But hey.

I can't wait for the movie to come out.
Y'know, it may just compensate for our lack of HP. :happy:

Armageddon Flame.

Armageddon Flame.
  • Mockingjay

• 4,036 posts
  • Joined Jan 24, 2009
  • 275 rep
Posted Image
Oh hai Katniss.

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
That picture of Jennifer as Katniss is pretty sick. I wish the colour wasn't so saturated (and presumedly airbrushed) though. I want to see how she'll ACTUALLY look. :D

JOSH HUTCHERSON FOR PEETA??
Pu-lease.
Peeta is supposed to be attractive. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

But hey.

I can't wait for the movie to come out.
Y'know, it may just compensate for our lack of HP. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I always saw Peeta as being more cute (like the artwork they use on the official website) than drop-dead gorgeous like Gale. I personally think Josh is rather cute, and once they fix his hair, make his eyes blue, and do all that fun movie make-up stuff, I'm sure he'll look great as Peeta.

You know, as much as I think they made pretty good choices for the actors, my main issue with them is that they're all so OLD. I know movie-teenagers always look more like twenty or so, but the main horror of the Hunger Games was that they were pitting KIDS against each other. I don't know if it will quite capture that horror the same way if the actors look like adults. =/

Laura Rose

Laura Rose
  • Insert something clever here...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,377 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2009
  • 817 rep
Jennifer looks awesome as Katniss!

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep
Lenny Kravitz to play Cinna. :)

Lenny Kravitz was at his home studio in the Bahamas, putting the finishing touches on his album Black and White America (due August 30th), when Gary Ross called this spring. The director offered Kravitz a key role in his film version of The Hunger Games: Cinna, the stylist who becomes a crucial ally for teen heroine Katniss Everdeen in author Suzanne Collins' bestselling sci-fi novel and its two sequels. "Now, I hadn't read the book yet, so I didn't know what it was," Kravitz tells Rolling Stone. "I go out and get the book, read it – oh, wow."

http://www.rollingst...-movie-20110623

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
Yeahhhh, I saw that. It sort of weirded me out. I always imagined Cinna as a bit effeminate, with more delicate features. Kind of like Rufus Wainwright but with darker skin. I'm not saying no to Lenny Kravitz though. I'm sure he'll do great. I just need a bit of time to adjust my vision of Cinna. :P

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
Hey guys, look at my double-posting. It looks like casting has been finalised, and you can check out a slideshow of all the actors here. (By the way, the "next picture" button is near the top-right, next to the picture. It took me a while to figure that out, haha.) A ton of people are bitching, but honestly, I think they did a great job. So what if the characters don't look exactly like we pictured? Suzanne Collins's vision > our vision. Plus, it must be incredibly hard to find someone who looks close to what she envisioned who also happens to have the acting chops to pull off the complexities of the characters. Oh, and the people making a stink about how the other tributes look are being ridiculous. They never even describe most of the others, so shut up.

EDIT: WAIT, WHERE THE FLIP IS MADGE.

Advertising

The Snark

The Snark
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2005
  • 1,006 rep
Yay! I read the series earlier this year and absolutely loved them. I'm excited for the movie (hopefully they won't butcher it).

Donald Sutherland as President Snow and Woody Harrelson as Haymitch are two of the best castings. But Lenny Kravitz? He looks nothing like I envisioned Cinna. And I was hoping for Kristin Chenoweth as Effie Trinket.

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep

Hey guys, look at my double-posting. It looks like casting has been finalised, and you can check out a slideshow of all the actors here. (By the way, the "next picture" button is near the top-right, next to the picture. It took me a while to figure that out, haha.) A ton of people are bitching, but honestly, I think they did a great job. So what if the characters don't look exactly like we pictured? Suzanne Collins's vision > our vision. Plus, it must be incredibly hard to find someone who looks close to what she envisioned who also happens to have the acting chops to pull off the complexities of the characters. Oh, and the people making a stink about how the other tributes look are being ridiculous. They never even describe most of the others, so shut up.

EDIT: WAIT, WHERE THE FLIP IS MADGE.

They have all the cast for all three movies?

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep

They have all the cast for all three movies?

Probably not all three movies, seeing as no one's mentioned Finnick, Johanna, Plutarch, or anyone who isn't in the first book. :P Ooh, I want to know who Finnick is. He'd better be drop-dead sexy.

Also, heeeey, they said who'd be playing Octavia, but not who'd be playing Flavius or Venia. What's with that?

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep

Probably not all three movies, seeing as no one's mentioned Finnick, Johanna, Plutarch, or anyone who isn't in the first book. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... Ooh, I want to know who Finnick is. He'd better be drop-dead sexy.

Also, heeeey, they said who'd be playing Octavia, but not who'd be playing Flavius or Venia. What's with that?

Maybe there won't be a prep team? Only one assistant?

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
But in the description under Octavia's picture, they describe Katniss's style team as four people, presumably Cinna and the three prep team members.

k-tea

k-tea
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2006
  • 37 rep
I really wish they didn't have to keep in mind that the book technically falls under the young adult genre, because I feel like unless the movie is rated R the violence will be weak and not nearly as intense as it needs to be. I am crossing my fingers for a good movie though.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,245 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,809 rep
Me and my friends have actually had this booked. 'U free march 2012? Yep?'

oh god, it's going to be so great. But my friend told me Peeta was going to be played by the boy on the right
Posted Image

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep

Me and my friends have actually had this booked. 'U free march 2012? Yep?'

oh god, it's going to be so great. But my friend told me Peeta was going to be played by the boy on the right
http://www.proprofs....d/182117319.jpg

I should start making plans too. I don't want to be busy that day. :o

Yeah, Peeta will be played by Josh Hutcherson, although he's older now, haha. Honestly, I don't see why a bunch of people don't seem to like him. He's cute without being a drop-dead stunner, and he's well-built unlike pretty much all of the guys that a bunch of the fangirls seem to have wanted. That's how I gathered Peeta should look.
  • momoluvGD likes this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,245 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,809 rep
He's a perfect Peeta. We got the roles mixed for a while and I thought he was going to be playing GALE and I was like ?!?!?!

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
LMAO, Josh as Gale. Oh my god. :lol: Yeahhh, that would be pretty "?!?!?!"-worthy.

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
Lololololololol, Gale and Peeta on a magazine cover.

Posted Image

If you couldn't tell from the gratuitous lol'ing, I think they look kind of hilarious. Gale looks so skinny and fragile, and Peeta looks like a bouncer or something. I think Gale should have done Peeta's pose and Peeta should have done Gale's. :lol: Also, it's a magazine cover; I bet they're ridiculously photoshopped. I want to see REAL pictures of how they'll look in the movie. Actually, what I really want is a trailer. That'll show them off best.

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep
That's so funny! :lol:

Gale looks like Miley Cyrus and Peeta DOES look like a bouncer.

I want a trailer too! I can't stand all this waiting! :runaround:

TotalBasketCase13

TotalBasketCase13
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,068 posts
  • Joined Sep 26, 2005
  • 10 rep
Pretty much everyone they cast for this is flawless except for their Peeta/Gale choices. Josh Hutchinson is a good actor, but I pictured Peeta as being dreamier I guess. With Liam it's the opposite. I feel he physically works for Gale, but that dude can't act worth a darn. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and they ace their roles. Jennifer Lawrence is the perfect Katniss.

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep
Liam... is that the guy who played in the Last Song movie thing? D:

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep
^Haha, yeah, that's him. According to the director, people just look at Liam and assume he's only pretty face, but that he's actually pretty good. Then again, it's the director saying that. He can't say his actors are no good. :lol: I personally have never seen Liam act, so I can't give an opinion.

Anyway, look! More pictures!

Another Gale and Peeta. Still kind of funny, but not as bad as the last one. Also, I just realised what was bugging me so much about Peeta's outfit. He looks so militaristic, when I think a ~softer outfit would suit him better.
Posted Image

Peeta at the bakery, with burnt bread. Looks like they changed the whole boy-with-the-bread scene to when they were older. =/
Posted Image

Katniss and Gale. I actually really like this picture.
Posted Image

Katniss.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users