"Reject" letter revealed

Gwen Stacy

So, as some of you may know, the song Reject (Nimrod) was inspired by a letter that a mom wrote to Billie Joe after hearing Insomniac, that she got her son as a gift. I was searching the interwebs and part of the letter is now online.

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/green-days-hate-letter-revealed/1754/

Your thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, sorry mate, but we've known about this for a long, long time :lol:

I saw this when i typed in Green Day on google news today and I was like....wtf....I thought in order for something to be news it had to be in fat...new. (s)

This has been out for a really long time now but I always thought the woman wrote the letter after her 6 year old son heard Dookie not Insomniac?

haha damn, i felt special for a second! I thought i was gonna come here and say i've already seen it......looks like i'm a little late

Let's doooooo the tiiiiiime waaaaarrp agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

:rolleyes:

Out of everyone in this thread, why did I get an eye roll? :lol:

oh i thought we finally found out who wrote it or something, i was about to get my bitch on. false alarm :wacko:

Yeah this is old news, but it's always an interesting piece to discuss! I really can't stand parents like this woman.

Billie said it perfectly, if doing your job as a parent, your kids won't get their hands on "inappropriate" material.

It's not the artists job to worry about who will be consuming their work.

Out of everyone in this thread, why did I get an eye roll? :lol:

Because out of everyone in this thread, you deserve it the most. :lol:

To be honest, I roll my eyes at everybody. lol.

This has been out for a really long time now but I always thought the woman wrote the letter after her 6 year old son heard Dookie not Insomniac?

It's Insomniac. :)

Well yeah it's been around for while and most of us have seen it, but even more people will get to see it because of this thread :happy:. What a classic, the thought of that woman reading Billie's reply is hilarious :lol:

If you read the letter it'll answer your question :thumbsup:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/05/i-write-for-myself-and-ill-say-anything.html

i had never heard of those messages, i really like billies' responce

lol i've read it 100000000000 times and i still laugh when i read it

lol i've read it 100000000000 times and i still laugh when i read it

I know right :lol:

Billie's comeback is just amazing

Haha. This isn't news... it's olds. :lol:

Still cracks me up every time I read it though.

I wonder if that woman sill has the letter. I would pay big bucks for it.

It may even have some of Billie's dead skin cells on it :eyebrows:

Well, it is old information. But whenever it comes up under discussion, there are always people who have never heard of/read it. I think it's interesting and fun to see stuff discussed again sometimes.

Well, it is old information. But whenever it comes up under discussion, there are always people who have never heard of/read it. I think it's interesting and fun to see stuff discussed again sometimes.

Wow, I was just going to type out the same sentiment! Thanks for saying it first and so well. :)

When i first got into Green Day and i read about it i thought it was the most badass thing in the world. lolol

Archived