Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
There are only just hours left to vote for your favorite in the Karaoke Contest!

Photo

Swimmers (formerly Emily's Army)

• Please log in to reply
4222 replies to this topic

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,366 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 6,181 rep

So these guys were the support of Rise Against, who I went to see last night, and I didn't have very high hopes because I thought their whole fanbase was basically Green Day fangirls who only listened because of Joey, and that their music probably wasn't that great. They definitely proved me wrong, they were pretty good! Very catchy music and while you could see they are still young, their stage presence wasn't all that bad either. Was pleasantly surprised by them :happy:
Which album would you guys reccomend me to get first?

Depends if you want a reccomendation from their jaded fans that hate their new stuff or their newer fans that love the new stuff :P

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,903 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,760 rep

Depends if you want a reccomendation from their jaded fans that hate their new stuff or their newer fans that love the new stuff :P

Whatever they play at shows now, I liked that :P I assume that's new stuff? 

Sean Walford

Sean Walford
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined Sep 24, 2010
  • 75 rep

Holy shit that's your Dad? He works for Solent...? I've been trying to get work experience there to go into radio for years ahaha.
Also I seen pictures of you on his twitter by pure fluke, some guy was tweeting pics right at the front and I've just figured it's you hahaha.~

EDIT: WHERE THE FUCK WAS MY FREE TICKETS? YOUR DAD WAS WITH THEM :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And because GDC doesn't wanna let me quote today the person n asking for album recommendations check out Lost @ 17.

• Invention Convention likes this

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • Dissappearingness Nickness

• 16,355 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,880 rep

So these guys were the support of Rise Against, who I went to see last night, and I didn't have very high hopes because I thought their whole fanbase was basically Green Day fangirls who only listened because of Joey, and that their music probably wasn't that great. They definitely proved me wrong, they were pretty good! Very catchy music and while you could see they are still young, their stage presence wasn't all that bad either. Was pleasantly surprised by them :happy:

Which album would you guys reccomend me to get first?

Their first two albums were catchy pop punk. In my opinion, the second of those two (Lost at Seventeen) was better as it had a bit more of a polished sound. Their first album was called Don't Be a Dick. Similar style of music I guess, but slightly lower recording quality.

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 78 rep

Holy shit that's your Dad? He works for Solent...? I've been trying to get work experience there to go into radio for years ahaha.
Also I seen pictures of you on his twitter by pure fluke, some guy was tweeting pics right at the front and I've just figured it's you hahaha.~

EDIT: WHERE THE FUCK WAS MY FREE TICKETS? YOUR DAD WAS WITH THEM :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And because GDC doesn't wanna let me quote today the person n asking for album recommendations check out Lost @ 17.

He could totally hook you up! :D

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,454 rep

Wow didn't know that they changed their band name  :mellow:

Todd

Todd

• 13,366 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 6,181 rep

Then you want their Swim EP and a few songs from Lost at Seventeen

here are the full albums

https://www.youtube....Yf776cIoHJ_xEH5

https://www.youtube....Iq18oaoQaiHCuw_

• Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love likes this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,118 rep

Mix of Ramones and Beach Boys? Max wtf are you talking about. They sound like a mix of the kooks and the arctic monkeys.

Lol I love how Joey mentioned the drought though. I'm actually really jealous that they're seeing rain, it hasn't actually rained here in southern California since last november! 

and I really do like that chorus to Palm Trees. It sounds so them. I'm sure it will sound horrendous when they record it with lo fi and guitar filters tho.

Don't be a dick is their punkiest stuff.  They've sworn it off though and they refuse to play any of those songs live anymore. I'm assuming since you like Green Day and Rise against, I mostly suggest Lost at Seventeen. It has a ton of variety and there's bound to be a song on there that you'll fall in love with. They probably played a lot more stuff from their EP swim, which I don't like since all the songs sound the same, and their new songs which we're just going to have to wait for.

• Todd likes this

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,797 rep

I really do like that chorus to Palm Trees. It sounds so them. I'm sure it will sound horrendous when they record it with lo fi and guitar filters tho.

Ugh this.  I really don't get why bands purposefully try to sound shitty (I'm talking to you, Billie Joe, self-proclaimed lover of "shitty sounding recrds.")  It's as bad as hipsters trying to "look poor" by wearing hideous sweaters.  Please.  If you sound good, we want you to sound good.  If you have access to quality recording equipment, fucking use it to make yourself sound better, not the opposite.  I've yet to hear a convincing argument for this other than "nostalgia" ?

• She is Amanda and Invention Convention like this

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 555 rep

Ugh this.  I really don't get why bands purposefully try to sound shitty (I'm talking to you, Billie Joe, self-proclaimed lover of "shitty sounding recrds.")  It's as bad as hipsters trying to "look poor" by wearing hideous sweaters.  Please.  If you sound good, we want you to sound good.  If you have access to quality recording equipment, fucking use it to make yourself sound better, not the opposite.  I've yet to hear a convincing argument for this other than "nostalgia" ?

This is one of the main reasons I don't listen to much GD stuff pre-dookie. I hate it when it just sounds shitty. 

• She is Amanda likes this

Todd

Todd

• 13,366 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 6,181 rep

This is one of the main reasons I don't listen to much GD stuff pre-dookie. I hate it when it just sounds shitty. 

I know you're not trying to piss me off, but that's my entire life you're putting down :lol:

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• 4,492 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,797 rep

See, I'm fine with that because it was the best they could afford and they were TRYING to sound good but had shitty equipment.  The fact that songs on the Trilogy were intentionally recorded lo-fi (Makeout Party....) blows my mind in an enraging way.  It's actually the reason I'm not crazy about the Hot Tubs, as good as those songs are, although I can respect it more because they didn't spend months and millions of dollars to achieve a crappy sonic quality.

• Billie Hoe is my hero likes this

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• 4,492 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,797 rep

So here are my videos I took. Here's the first 2 minutes of my dad's interview with the band. 

The full thing will be on the BBC iPlayer soon  

Can you post the link to the BBC player when it's uploaded?  Don't want to miss it... thanks!  Or what's the date of the interview on the website?

• Todd likes this

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 78 rep

Even better video of palm trees!

http://iconosquare.c...185766_26353462

Can you post the link to the BBC player when it's uploaded?  Don't want to miss it... thanks!  Or what's the date of the interview on the website?

My dad's producer hasn't edited yet, it's a two hour long show so I will get him to send me an MP3 of just the swimmers bit. 

• Heather. likes this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,118 rep

I can't get over how good that song is and I am praying that they aren't going to ruin it with the production...

• Invention Convention likes this

Advertising

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,467 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,442 rep

10376717_877431265614672_631672836967438

3 mins ·

It's getting frosty in Hamburg ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

10257684_877285182295947_138087817046921

Welcome 2 Hamburg : @los_dangeles

GuitarPunk94

GuitarPunk94
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2010
  • 370 rep

saw them live last sunday in support of rise against in frankfurt, germany .. they did a great show but the sound kinda sucked, and cole's voice sucks live, max should sing more often, such an awesome voice *_*

Joey has some sick skills on the drums :ga:

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 78 rep

I don't think Cole sucks live. At all. 

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,467 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,442 rep

1507981_877985158892616_1522365592754869

1 hr ·

Thank you x-why-z production for the incredibly rad jackets!!! So stoked. 3 consecutive sold out German shows!

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,467 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,442 rep

Who would be down for a SWIMMERS show in LA and Oakland in mid December?

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,467 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,442 rep

Seb Mueller @sebasschinn  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Last day of tour, and we are exhausted.

B3SjBzICQAAgWmo.jpg

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• 4,492 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,797 rep

Even better video of palm trees!

http://iconosquare.c...185766_26353462

My dad's producer hasn't edited yet, it's a two hour long show so I will get him to send me an MP3 of just the swimmers bit. 

Any luck on this? :)

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,467 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,442 rep

First show in the east bay under our new name as SWIMMERS With our friends in BOATS! come checky checky the showy. Even if you've seen us multiple times, this show will be EVEN COOLER than anything you've ever seen us do

https://www.facebook...76976762357201/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users