Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Swimmers (formerly Emily's Army)

• Please log in to reply
3976 replies to this topic

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 446 rep

Joey wrote this today:

we arnt officially going to be playing shows as swimmers till spring 2015! we just want to start the slow transition now

I take it Soundwave will be their final shows as Emily's Army. 

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,038 rep

Was it really necessary for you guys to come in here and cause drama? :unsure: 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,165 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,457 rep

I take it Soundwave will be their final shows as Emily's Army. 

fucked if I'm gonna be buying a shirt then :lol: Can't see them selling merch at Soundwave with the Swimmers name on it, but I'm not gonna get an EA shirt if they're changing their name after the show

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,038 rep

fucked if I'm gonna be buying a shirt then :lol: Can't see them selling merch at Soundwave with the Swimmers name on it, but I'm not gonna get an EA shirt if they're changing their name after the show

I would buy it just so I could have something that says "Emily's Army" on it, yknow :P 

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,673 rep

i don't even like ea but i read this thread every day, the overdramatics in here are an excellent source of entertainment

plus they're a bunch of rich white boys. how are people even surprised they're douchebags at least some of the time??

Haha yeah, I don't know any rich white boys (or white boys.... or white people... and I count myself among them...) who have not been douchebags at some point in our lives, especially at that age.

Okay guys, I think I know what's happening. They are in the studio right now. I think what they'll do is soon announce this new ep, single, album, what have you (most likely a 3 or 4 song EP) and announce their name change, and departure from Rise, joining Burger. 

All of which I think are bad ideas. But I think it is the most likely thing. 

Max told me they are not joining Burger. Some big label.  

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,701 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,641 rep

Joey wrote this today:

we arnt officially going to be playing shows as swimmers till spring 2015! we just want to start the slow transition now 👍

Wow. Joey's as good at spelling and grammar as his dad.

Was it really necessary for you guys to come in here and cause drama? :unsure: 

It's fucking annoying when all the non-fans come in here with their stupid comments.

It's still a cool experience, I would. Especially if you meet the band, you should get something to remember them by. Idk how it is now, but merch was real cheap back when I saw them.
  • StefanoBras likes this

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 572 rep
In Bloomington I bought a shirt for $15 and they were selling CDs for $5, so yeah, pretty reasonably priced.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,165 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,457 rep

It's still a cool experience, I would. Especially if you meet the band, you should get something to remember them by. Idk how it is now, but merch was real cheap back when I saw them.

Eh I do have an EA shirt already (thanks to alaniluau) but I'm gonna go to the show even if I don't buy any merch

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 13,928 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,479 rep

It's fucking annoying when all the non-fans come in here with their stupid comments

"Only people I agree with are allowed to post here."

• insomniacc likes this

StuckWithDom

StuckWithDom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2013
  • 324 rep
I don't really care about the changing name thing in all honestly, they're both pretty bad names haha, even though Emily's army sounds more complete.
I only care about them moving from being a punk rock / alternative band, into a beach rock / surf band / indie rock band. They just had so much potential as a punk band, and it's a pity they're wasting it on mediocre surf rock songs (that being said it love ammonia and bleach)
Hope you understand my opinion
  • StefanoBras and Invention Convention like this

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,177 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 9,780 rep

Why would they name their band after sperm? :lol:

:lol: This makes me like the name more 

insomniacc

insomniacc
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2014
  • 14 rep

They should make a compromise and call themselves Emily's Swimmers.

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 238 rep

to be fair, is not like the people who doesn't like EA and had commented here were saying "I don't like them, they aren't that good". they are leaving douchie, pejorative, annoying and kinda offensive comments.

Its okay to disagree and post your opinions here but that doesn't mean you can come here and disrespect other people's music taste.

Todd

Todd

• 12,701 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,641 rep

I don't agree with that, so fuck off :P
  • The Disappearing Boy likes this

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 60 rep

lol @ this forum tbh 

Advertising

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,673 rep

I don't really care about the changing name thing in all honestly, they're both pretty bad names haha, even though Emily's army sounds more complete.
I only care about them moving from being a punk rock / alternative band, into a beach rock / surf band / indie rock band. They just had so much potential as a punk band, and it's a pity they're wasting it on mediocre surf rock songs (that being said it love ammonia and bleach)
Hope you understand my opinion

I agree, but look at it this way:  if they are truly more passionate about surf rock than they are about punk alternative rock, then they will be more passionate in the creation of that music and grow more fully in it than if they stuck with punk half-heartedly.  It's all about motivation and drive.  Maybe they're currently 'better' at what we've branded them as before, but if their hearts aren't in it, it's better for them as people to try and fail and try again at something they feel more strongly about.  

Todd

Todd

• 12,701 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,641 rep
I think the cassette shipped, I got a random tracking # sent to my email, but it didn't say what for. I don't remember ordering anything else recently

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users