Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Emily's Army

• Please log in to reply
3799 replies to this topic

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,068 rep

No it's not just the tape. The fact that You bit me (the indie-est song on the album) is being advertised by Burger records. The fact that they are playing a Burger Records festival in October. They don't fit on Rise and I'm positive their next album will be released on Burger Records. And they will make it as lofi power pop, bubblegum surf indie rock as they need to fit in on Burger.

I'm pretty over Swim. The only reason I'm going to the Burger Records festival (Which is freakishly expensive) that they're playing is because it's only a few miles from where I live anyway. 

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,495 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,539 rep

No it's not just the tape. The fact that You bit me (the indie-est song on the album) is being advertised by Burger records. The fact that they are playing a Burger Records festival in October. They don't fit on Rise and I'm positive their next album will be released on Burger Records. And they will make it as lofi power pop, bubblegum surf indie rock as they need to fit in on Burger.

I'm pretty over Swim. The only reason I'm going to the Burger Records festival that they're playing is because I get in for free (the tickets are 50 fxcking dollars[WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THEIR FREE BENEFIT SHOWS FOR CF???]) and because it's only a few miles from where I live anyway.

You can't hate them, you're their biggest fan. They need you :cry:

• She is Amanda likes this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,339 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,068 rep

You can't hate them, you're their biggest fan. They need you :cry:

Lol have you ever liked a band so much that you hated them? Tbh I'll probably get over this next time I see them.

Also does anyone know the exact date of Cole's Birthday? I'm seeing them around the time of his birthday (I know it's mid september) and my friends and I are bringing gifts and pizza for him.

• Todd and James! like this

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,885 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,020 rep

Lol have you ever liked a band so much that you hated them? Tbh I'll probably get over this next time I see them.

Also does anyone know the exact date of Cole's Birthday? I'm seeing them around the time of his birthday (I know it's mid september) and my friends and I are bringing gifts and pizza for him.

You would bring gifts and pizza 

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,339 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,068 rep

You would bring gifts and pizza 

Well the pizza is a reference to the Aquabats since they're headlining and it's a Friday :eyebrows:

Spoiler

maurokanvaz

maurokanvaz
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2012
  • 50 rep
I just ordered the Swim Cassette and the DBAD vinyl and I'm getting all excited for their show in 28 days. I just found this thread and I read the first post. I'm wondering if that Paypal link for the 7" still works. I want it!

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,651 rep

POPULAR

I just got back from my first Emily's Army show at Webster Hall... And I actually have MAJOR SCOOP (and funny anecdotes with the band).  First, they were great!! A lot better live than on their albums, and my friends who were expecting the worst were pleasantly surprised.  The opening band Joy Ride sounded like a high school Good Charlotte album (so I was like "OK"), but the second opening act Desert Sharks were really awesome lady rockers.

MY SCOOP (Spoilered just in case... I don't know...):

Spoiler

On a completely separate but funny story, after the show the bouncer was kicking out all the underage kids who didn't have wristbands, and the bouncer stopped Joey (def had no idea he was in the band, especially considering Joey was obscured by stage smoke for 90% of the set), and I saw Joey really casually hand him an ID, so he obviously handed him a fake :lol: (either that or he found someone else's ID on the floor and was giving it to the bouncer, but it sure looked like his fake).  Kinda reminds me of BJ's stories of when Green Day would have to be taken out the back of the club because they weren't old enough to hang out.

• strangestat, BillieJoeObsesser, lizziebix and 4 others like this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,339 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,068 rep

Wow Major Label :') That's so crazy for me to think. At least they aren't thinking Burger Records as a long term thing.

Edit: I have two things, first, maybe their plan to go to a major label was the reason Travis left and they've been so secretive about it. Travis could've either been against the idea of "selling out" (Which I highly doubt) Or maybe he just didn't have the time or had no interest of being a part of a major label band.

Second thing. 

This is siiiiiiick 

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1OjdvWZtqA"

I was stalking back on this thread and I believe this was "Maybe" (the song that was identical to Rescuers minus the lyric changes) that was on soundcloud. Anyway I tried to listen to this video and it says claim by Warner Music... Does it say that for everyone? Because that doesn't make any sense.

Todd

Todd

• 12,495 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,539 rep

I just ordered the Swim Cassette and the DBAD vinyl and I'm getting all excited for their show in 28 days. I just found this thread and I read the first post. I'm wondering if that Paypal link for the 7" still works. I want it!

no way man! Good luck finding thAt. If you find multiple, let me know. I found a collector who had it, he wouldn't take $30 for it. The only way you'll get it is from someone who doesn't know what they have.

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,651 rep

Wow Major Label :') That's so crazy for me to think. At least they aren't thinking Burger Records as a long term thing.

Edit: I have two things, first, maybe their plan to go to a major label was the reason Travis left and they've been so secretive about it. Travis could've either been against the idea of "selling out" (Which I highly doubt) Or maybe he just didn't have the time or had no interest of being a part of a major label band.

Just want to clarify the Burger thing. I can't remember Max's EXACT words, but he wasn't implying that they would actually put out an album with Burger at all, or sign to them or anything.  When I asked if they would sign with Burger, his first words were "No, Burger are awesome, we might work with them on a little something, but we're going bigger." So I don't think they're gonna announce "We're leaving Rise for Burger" and then a few months later announce "We're leaving Burger for ________ Corporation".  They just might have Burger re-issue their EP or something.

I was rewatching the video of my conversation with them later on, and these were some things that Max and Joey said:

Max:  Rise hasn't done shit for our new EP. Burger's promoted Swim way more, Rise hasn't done anything.

Joey: Rise has taught us to *raise eyebrows* man ourselves [everyone in the band laughs]

• Todd and She is Amanda like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,495 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,539 rep
Yes, if EA goes big, I have some rare shit to trade
  • She is Amanda, James! and Invention Convention like this

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 53 rep

Yes, if EA goes big, I have some rare shit to trade

Me too :D Signed bass singed LA17 and LA17 viynl dont think I will tade or sell them tho... unless I really start hate them :D ;) 

• James! likes this

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 53 rep

I think at around 5:30 they play a new song unless it's a cover? If it's an original it's very good 

James!

James!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2012
  • 152 rep

I think at around 5:30 they play a new song unless it's a cover? If it's an original it's very good

I lyrics I can figure out brings up nothing on google it's not a song I know if it is a cover :)

I also promised someome this ages ago
Live Scraps -EP
https://mega.co.nz/#...Ckblq1Tn9Z0sJIw

Edited by James!, 31 August 2014 - 12:03 PM.

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 236 rep

I don't know why but I'm getting really excited with this "going to a major label" thing.

• Todd likes this

Advertising

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,885 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,020 rep

Maybe this will mean a Floridian tour. :DDDDD

• Todd likes this

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 236 rep

At first I thought they were talking about Rise Against HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA.

James!

James!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2012
  • 152 rep
There GOIMG to Spain next year Acording to their twitter account

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,058 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 10,924 rep

Hansel Romero @hanselromero4L  ·  Aug 29

Uh, I just met and interviewed Billie Joe Armstrong's son?

Hansel Romero @hanselromero4L  ·  Aug 29

Shoutout to my boys in @EmilysArmy--sick set, such nice guys. Review will be live and published in the coming weeks.

BillieJoeObsesser

BillieJoeObsesser
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2009
  • 1,157 rep

Has anyone orderd the limited edition tape :)? Just out of interest

I ordered the tape a few days ago. 

Also is anyone seeing them this Saturday in Chicago? I'll be there and would love to meet up with others. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users