Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Emily's Army

• Please log in to reply
3772 replies to this topic

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

Was it the shipping or the fact you bough the bundle because the cd works out at about 5 pound?

I think the bundle itself was £20 and with shipping it came to like 40

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 234 rep

I just said my opinion...if they didn't think it was ready why would they play it live? 

I meant that is just a shitty recording from a live show (and 15 seconds), you can't properly judge the song.

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

I agree, but from the 15 seconds I heard...I couldn't hear much diversity and tbh it sounded kind of like a a rap?

Anyway as you say it was a shitty recording.  

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 234 rep

Just back from reading. I made the show about 10 minutes late, but I put in a Fuck load of effort to go. I've been in and out of the hospital for weeks but made Readingl, So they played Sunday and I was the furthest point in the festival camp to main arena, then I had to convince a security guard to let me on the staff boat, then sprint in past more security twice, push through a big que, just to see them and then not have anything else interest me on the line up for a few hours, so I feel they should have personally thanked me ahah.

Show was okay, 95% of about a half full crowd (and that's me slightly exadurating probably about just over a quarter full) where only there to see Billie's kid, no interest in the band otherwise. They played a cover unfortunately no one cared about, the Robin one they've been doing. They also did Amonia and You bit me. They played war too. But to be honest I was fairly bored. That's my first EA show maybe it was the wrong one to go to but it was early, people where just there going through the motions it was a bit dead honestly. They said we're gonna stick around after the show too and I have no idea where they went. They certainly weren't in the tent as I stuck around for the follow up band. Other thing is the guy replacing Travis do they even know him, Fuck they don't look like they care about him on stage. After seeing them hear I've decided I won't go see them do support for Rise Against in November. Will wait for there own shows.

Don't get me wrong they sounded very good, they looked like they where enjoying it but it was probably a bit too early for anyone to care that much. No mosh pit, crowd surfing etc,

Sorry to be a dampener on here but just my opinion :/

Yeah man.. Reading/Leeds is a AWFUL choice to see "little" bands... Those kind of festivals just work to see the headliners (if you like them of course), otherwise you will see a fucking short and terrible version of the band you wanted to see.

A good example is Sleeping With Sirens, I just saw them in Camden's Underworld (August 21) and they fucking rocked that place, they were amazing and then I saw their set on the BBC website and man... they fucking sucked. Reading is full of people who just went there for the headliners or just went because is popular.. so obviously the crowd is awful.

You should see them in one of their own shows ;)

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,636 rep

I just said my opinion...if they didn't think it was ready why would they play it live? 

Live is the only place TO do that.  If a song is not ready, don't put it on an album.  If you're just getting to know a song, test it out in front of an audience to figure out how good it is.  That's exactly what Green Day did for the trilogy, they performed uncooked material in front of crowds and tried to gauge the reaction. 

Any time you create something, you want to know what people think of it, and then you cook it some more.

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,389 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,495 rep

Live is the only place TO do that.  If a song is not ready, don't put it on an album.  If you're just getting to know a song, test it out in front of an audience to figure out how good it is.  That's exactly what Green Day did for the trilogy, they performed uncooked material in front of crowds and tried to gauge the reaction. 

Any time you create something, you want to know what people think of it, and then you cook it some more.

That's the first time Green Day's done it since 1994 though, and look how that turned out. Everyone thought the songs were amazing until Green Day actually released them. Hopefully They won't do that next album, because there may be a flaw in that

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

I never denied that? 

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

READING - 

WAR

AVENUE

PATHETIC AND IN LOVE

YOU BIT ME 

AMMONIA AND BLEACH 

DANCING ON MY OWN

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 10,907 rep

Bv_Ti0MCYAApmMT.jpg

sarah @_aIlonsy 1h

i look so disgusting but emily and i met @EmilysArmy (including billie joe armstrong's son!!!) at reading fest holla

10632188_1472227553049524_856422594_n.jp

kawee6281

1 day ago

We also met a very cool band called Emily's Army! They had a really good set! I wonder why their drummer looks so familiar @laurennhowell #leedsfestival #leeds #music #emilysarmy #camping #friends #band #joeyarmstrong #colebecker #maxbecker #lockupstage #billiejoearmstrong #greenday #meetandgreet

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,040 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 10,907 rep

10629719_832644886759977_191667318668422

Shirts range in sizes S-XL. Bow ties can be worn around the neck or the head (we wore them in our new music videos), and everyone should get a copy of this EP so that they can be apart of our massive school of Fishies can't wait to start this tour tomorrow!

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,417 rep

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

New music video for You bit me !

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 234 rep

My thoughts on the 'You Bit Me' video..

This is my favorite song off Swim and damn... you guys really waste a perfect chance of making a REALLY good music video.. I mean, it was fun to watch but this song have so much potential.. you could have done a really nice love-kinda music video but instead of that you just record a messy girl eating a burger... very disappointed

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

To be fair, we are lucky to even get a music video for EVERY song on the record, I know it's only 4 songs, but it takes a lot of time and effort and devotion to create a music video. 

They could have called Alien's Landing enough. 

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,019 rep

Not a fan of the video, I think it's gross :lol: 

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,332 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,065 rep

You guys clearly don't understand the point of the music video... They're making fun of Carl's Jr. commercials (see spoiler if you are unaware). I think it was really clever. The whole point of the video was to show that there is absolutely nothing sexy about someone eating. Even though I hated this song off the EP this is my favorite video. Good underlying message on sexual objectification that also relates to the literal meaning of the song's name pretty well. (BTW That place in the video has such good burgers... My favorite non-franchise burger place in Southern California) :P

Spoiler

• Invention Convention likes this

Advertising

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,636 rep

I really like the video, it's funny and I like the "you bit me" with the burgers.  I understand the point they were trying to make, although I think the video missed the intended point.  It doesn't come across as ironic regarding objectification.  I was actually thinking the point of the video was going to be that they all had a crush on the burger, not her.  Also (and this could just be because the boys are bad actors :lol: )  it looks more like they are amazed/shocked by her than they are attracted to her, the more they watch her eat, their mouths are just hanging open but not in a "she's so sexy" way but in a "wtf is she doing" way.  Which wouldn't have much effect on the message except that Joey tweeted "slobs are hot" so.... I get it, but I don't get it.  I think they had a message in mind but this video doesn't fully communicate it. Do they want to say that it's hot that girls eat? (Aka discouraging eating disorders/body image issues) Do they want to say that commercials that use hot women to promote unhot products are anti-feminist?  Do they want to say that a girl can be sexy no matter how sloppily she eats? All 3? (I don't think so, nor is that really possible) It's all a little vague for it to really add up, which is why I prefer just to think of it as a funny video because it doesn't do much for me politically.  I'm all for subtlety when it comes to protest art, but this one just doesn't align right, if that was their intent.

Actually, I think it's one of those videos where we were all better left to our imagination about what the message could be.  Knowing that they had a goal makes it harder for me to appreciate it, because I don't think they reached that specific goal.  They did, however, reach other goals, which was to make an interesting video that I think is best left up to individual interpretation. 

I'll just go back to pretending I never saw their explanatory tweets :lol:

• Invention Convention likes this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,332 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,065 rep

Yeah I was under the impression that they were checking the burger out. :lol:

James!

James!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2012
  • 152 rep
Has anyone orderd the limited edition tape :)? Just out of interest

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 234 rep

You guys clearly don't understand the point of the music video... They're making fun of Carl's Jr. commercials (see spoiler if you are unaware). I think it was really clever. The whole point of the video was to show that there is absolutely nothing sexy about someone eating. Even though I hated this song off the EP this is my favorite video. Good underlying message on sexual objectification that also relates to the literal meaning of the song's name pretty well. (BTW That place in the video has such good burgers... My favorite non-franchise burger place in Southern California) :P

Spoiler

Nope, I totally understand all the feminism/food commercial/sexism thing, but even if it is a good message, all the video (just like Heather said) is really vague and I'm pretty tired of all their feminist crap... the whole thing have good intentions but almost all the people misunderstand feminism so right now it makes me sick..

However, I'm disappointed with the video because, even if the message they tried to express was good, it has NOTHING to do with the song itself.. that was the disappointing part.

It's a love song and actually it became a very important song to me and instead of making a good love music video with a couple on the beach or something like that, they put once again their feminist shit... DAMN.

I mean, it didn't had to be cheesy.. They could have put some humor or something but PLEASE, no more feminism. please.

Invention Convention

Invention Convention
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2013
  • 52 rep

You can order it????!!!

If that's what they want to represent in their music videos then fine! Let them do it! It's their band, their choices and above all else their beliefs.

If they are trying to spread the message of feminism then it's working because we are talking about it right now. But, I don't think we should all get so worked up about this.

It's still a funny video and entertaining. It's not like they said "So guys, instead of doing a music video we are going to do a video on our 50 greatest reasons to be feminists"

They're just using the power of their band to support a message they believe in. Which is fine. 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,930 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,367 rep

this just in: feminism is annoying and tiring 

:rolleyes: I think it's cool that they bring attention to it. So many people misunderstand feminism and especially see it as a man-hating thing. So it's cool to see 4 boys (whose main audience is younger people) giving it positive attention. If that's what their interested in I see no problem

StefanoBras

StefanoBras
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2012
  • 234 rep

I'm really concerned about the fact that I'm getting Directioners-kinda replies to my youtube comment in the You Bit Me video...

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,389 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,495 rep

Give me a link and I probably will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users