CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

Adorkable

with the end just a few hours away, I've been thinking about theories of the ending.

I have several:

1. Dany dies, Jon is offered the throne, doesn't want it, gives it to Tyrion and he forms a democracy. Maybe Sansa as his VP

2. Dany and Jon die, Bran announces that Tyrion is really a Targarean and he forms a democracy. Maybe Sansa as his VP

3. Dany continues to rule as a tyrannical ruler, no happy ending.

Then I started to think that there is only one other show I can think of that matched the superiority of Game of Thrones, The Sopranos. And that didn't end, really. It ended with you guessing what happened, so you really don't know if Tony lived or died. What if Game of Thrones did something like that? I think I would be really disappointed. I liked The Sopranos ending, it fit with the style of show but I don't think it fits with Game of Thrones.    

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
2 hours ago, Adorkable said:

with the end just a few hours away, I've been thinking about theories of the ending.

I have several:

1. Dany dies, Jon is offered the throne, doesn't want it, gives it to Tyrion and he forms a democracy. Maybe Sansa as his VP

2. Dany and Jon die, Bran announces that Tyrion is really a Targarean and he forms a democracy. Maybe Sansa as his VP

3. Dany continues to rule as a tyrannical ruler, no happy ending.

Then I started to think that there is only one other show I can think of that matched the superiority of Game of Thrones, The Sopranos. And that didn't end, really. It ended with you guessing what happened, so you really don't know if Tony lived or died. What if Game of Thrones did something like that? I think I would be really disappointed. I liked The Sopranos ending, it fit with the style of show but I don't think it fits with Game of Thrones.    

Oh no I'm just watching The Sopranos!!! Not too surprised though. My guess was that Tony would die. :P

Bran hasn't done much yet so it makes sense he'll play a role in this episode. Your theories are both plausible, I think it all might happen, but the problem is, I can't imagine how the Westerosi feudal society could be turned into a democracy so abruptly. Dany's absolutist rule seems more realistic, even though I'd be happy with president Tyrion.

I liked the theory that Bran/three eyed crow is actually an evil character. If he turned out to be a bad guy, we may get some explanation for the Night King thing.

Adorkable

HATED THE ENDING

Beerjeezus

Boo but it makes sense

I remember GRRM once said that when he wrote the opening chapter (Bran goes with Ned to see the execution), he intended to write a story of a boy who grows up to be a king. We've been warned.

Adorkable
6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Boo but it makes sense

Reveal hidden contents

I remember GRRM once said that when he wrote the opening chapter (Bran goes with Ned to see the execution), he intended to write a story of a boy who grows up to be a king. We've been warned.

Spoiler

Ugh! I didn't know that. Such a weak freakin' character. I can't believe he is king. Tyrion has shown himself to be the strongest leader, at least he is the hand. HOwever, I did think the talk about the brothels was funny. It is clearly set up for a sequel. So it sort of ended like The Sopranos. Sorry about that. The original plan for the Sopranos was to do a movie. But James Gandolfini died before they could do it. I can see a movie with the 4 siblings (sort of siblings) going against each other. They are all sort of rulers in their own right. Sansa and Bran are crowned. Jon went off with the wildlings like he was leading them and Arya is finding new worlds.      

• Like 1

Sarcasm

I can clearly vizualize the writers satisfied faces as their jizz-load spatters on their lips and face. Yes, yes! D&D shouts in utter ecstasy as his left hand nimbly types out "Sam- 'it's called a song of ice and fire. I helped with the title' - smug look" 

OH DAVIIIIIIIIIIID, YOU TASTE SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD 

• Haha 3

Beerjeezus
3 hours ago, Adorkable said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ugh! I didn't know that. Such a weak freakin' character. I can't believe he is king. Tyrion has shown himself to be the strongest leader, at least he is the hand. HOwever, I did think the talk about the brothels was funny. It is clearly set up for a sequel. So it sort of ended like The Sopranos. Sorry about that. The original plan for the Sopranos was to do a movie. But James Gandolfini died before they could do it. I can see a movie with the 4 siblings (sort of siblings) going against each other. They are all sort of rulers in their own right. Sansa and Bran are crowned. Jon went off with the wildlings like he was leading them and Arya is finding new worlds.      

Yes, he's the last character I'd bet to become king, but then, he's the one who knows everything and has the biggest influence. He's powerful. Maybe he didn't need to do anything and he knew it'd end like this or he could've helped it.

There's defintely going to be spin-offs. I heard there's one planned to be about the Long Night that would explain what the fuck was the entire plot about the Night King. And I.can imagine there can be a lot done with the Starks and Arya's adventures would do for a show of its own. We're all curious what's the rest of the got world like.

bmt93

As long as the dragon bitch isn't the queen. 😊

Adorkable
57 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, he's the last character I'd bet to become king, but then, he's the one who knows everything and has the biggest influence. He's powerful. Maybe he didn't need to do anything and he knew it'd end like this or he could've helped it.

There's defintely going to be spin-offs. I heard there's one planned to be about the Long Night that would explain what the fuck was the entire plot about the Night King. And I.can imagine there can be a lot done with the Starks and Arya's adventures would do for a show of its own. We're all curious what's the rest of the got world like.

Spoiler

He seemed to know it was coming. Maybe that is why the Night King tried to kill him. He is still boring as shit.

Brooklyn Baby

literally hated every second of the finale so much. 

geGvpo8.png

Beerjeezus
6 hours ago, Adorkable said:
  Hide contents

He seemed to know it was coming. Maybe that is why the Night King tried to kill him. He is still boring as shit.

NK knew what was coming and he was trying to prevent this disappointing ending lol

• Haha 1

Ritz

Oh God, it's shite. 

Khaleesi.

I hate everything about that ending :(

Except for this shot: 

source.gif

• Like 1

Brooklyn Baby
4 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

I hate everything about that ending :(

Except for this shot: 

new avatar material if u ask me... khaleesi

• Love 1

Lindsay

Terrible ending. So many unanswered questions. What a disappointment. 

Emilie

not gonna read any of this thread, but I just started season 1 :))))) I meant to start long ago but my step-mum was watching it on our Foxtel account and I didn't want to lose her place by restarting it :lol:  

Khaleesi.

I watched about an hour of that GoT Documentary on Season 8. It made me really sad to see how hard to actors/crew worked to get this season out.... including being out all night in the freezing cold and pouring rain... only to have their writers and editing team completely fuck them over. It probably feels so shitty to work that hard and them to see everyone calling this season the "worst in TV history" =/

Almost makes me feel bad for thinking that this season fucking sucked 

bmt93

I think the people who are bitching about the season are just salty cause their character either died or didn't become a king/queen. But most of them just went for the obvious choices and we all know by now, that in GOT nothing goes as you think it will go. I bet if everything was the same and either Jon Tyrion or Daenerys got on the throne, noone would be bitching.

Khaleesi.
5 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

I think the people who are bitching about the season are just salty cause their character either died or didn't become a king/queen. But most of them just went for the obvious choices and we all know by now, that in GOT nothing goes as you think it will go. I bet if everything was the same and either Jon Tyrion or Daenerys got on the throne, noone would be bitching.

Or... they tried to pack way too much into one season and it ended up feeling very rushed and terribly written? :lol: I don't think the majority of people are pissed off because their "person didn't win"

• Like 1

Lindsay

What Carling said. They should have done two more seasons. This season should have focused on the Night King and the following season should have been about dethroning Cersei. Both story arcs had SO much potential and instead, the writers just rushed through everything because they wanted to wrap it up so they could go work on the new Star Wars films. Throwing all of that into 6 episodes was a terrible idea.

• Like 1

Göta

Yes! And it also has a lot to say that this show used to be SPECTACULAR with details and clever twists. Season 8's story line had huge lacks. Many questions never got answered and very many people feel like the closure didn't fulfill what the previous seasons had build up to. And imo many of the scenes were just plain weird, and when the purpose also seemed to miss, I have no problem understanding why so many people were unhappy with the ending. I think that the petition is very silly though.

Beerjeezus

I think they left a lot of questions unanswered because they're planning to make spin-offs. If so, it's really shitty but I'll watch them anyway because I need answers. It's also possible the books will come out when the dust after show settles. It made sense to withhold them while the show was running but now they'll be released while the hype still lasts.

Göta

If that's the case, it would be really annoying nonetheless. Spin offs will take years to make and I know I for my part won't care about my current questions in two-three years time anyway. 

As for the books, has he even written them yet though?

Beerjeezus
21 minutes ago, Göta said:

If that's the case, it would be really annoying nonetheless. Spin offs will take years to make and I know I for my part won't care about my current questions in two-three years time anyway. 

As for the books, has he even written them yet though?

I agree. It'd be annoying and disappointing they compromised the ending of the show so that they could make more money out of it. I heard somewhere there are rumors about a spin off about the long night. So maybe that's why they didn't explain Night King's story.

I don't know. But it would make sense to finish and release them now, while there's still interest. We don't know if he's written them yet, but he's been sitting on A Dance With Dragons for a while before it came out so maybe he could be doing this again. I don't think he's finished, but I doubt it's going to last long. My guess is next year or 2021.

• Like 1

bmt93

Martin provided the ending to the writers of the show. The ending is something they had to follow while other story could change in his last book.