CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

Adorkable
8 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Jon either dies while killing Danny or kills Danny and then passes on the throne. Since Tyrion is a Targaryen, he's next in line for the throne. But, good guy Tyrion decides that too much bloodshed is caused over the throne, so he establishes a democracy instead. 

:sherlock:

That is my theory as well. 

Beerjeezus

Are there any hints that Tyrion is a Targaryen?

Khaleesi.
15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Are there any hints that Tyrion is a Targaryen?

Nothing very direct from what I can remember. People are speculating with how much Tywin hated him and how the dragons didn't torch him when he went into their dungeon, but it's really just wishful thinking. :P

• Like 1

Trotsky

My prediction: Dany will sentence Jon Snow to death by dragon fire, but he won't burn because of his Targaryen blood.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus

I see so much hate for the mad queen arc and how it's misogynistic and what not, but I think it makes perfect sense, even though it's sad.

fukingcounterstrike

I think Dany will pull a lelouch 

Khaleesi.
10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I see so much hate for the mad queen arc and how it's misogynistic and what not, but I think it makes perfect sense, even though it's sad.

All the hate over it is so surprising to me. It's not like we didn't see this coming? 

Beerjeezus
5 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

All the hate over it is so surprising to me. It's not like we didn't see this coming? 

I know right? She's always been cruel. After everything she's lost now, her anger is getting the better of her. It seems in character. She's burned people alive and held cities under siege. It's not like she ever cared about Geneva conventions.

Adorkable

This show has always done the unexpected. What if this ends anti-Hollywood with no happy ending. Dany maintains power.

Khaleesi.
7 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

This show has always done the unexpected. What if this ends anti-Hollywood with no happy ending. Dany maintains power.

I'd be okay with that. 

----

The editing team strikes again: 

D6by5QTU0AE0ySW.jpg:large

• Haha 1

Sarcasm

the Tyrion Targaryan are rooted in the books. There are talks that the mad king Aeris took liberties with Tywin's wife Joanna on their wedding night. There is something called the first night tradition, where a lord has the right to the virginity of any maid married etc. Apparently Aeris was kind of handy with Joanna, so the theory is that Tywin hates Tyrion because he is Tywin's only true-born child or Tyrion is Targaryan. 

Lindsay

What the fuck was that episode?

I'm actually not mad about Dany going all Mad Queen because that was obviously coming, and the Hound/Mountain battle was fantastic. But everything else? The fuck. Arya just rides all the way to Kings Landing and then decides to fuck off once she gets there? So unlike her character and it made no sense at all. Jon Snow was also a giant pussy/pushover, and then WTF was Cersei's death. It should have been so much more dramatic after everything she's done. 

I think Arya kills Dany but apparently I have no idea what direction this show is going so who knows what's going to happen.

Beerjeezus
10 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

the Tyrion Targaryan are rooted in the books. There are talks that the mad king Aeris took liberties with Tywin's wife Joanna on their wedding night. There is something called the first night tradition, where a lord has the right to the virginity of any maid married etc. Apparently Aeris was kind of handy with Joanna, so the theory is that Tywin hates Tyrion because he is Tywin's only true-born child or Tyrion is Targaryan. 

The theory makes perfect sense, except that it would mean that Cersei and Jaime are Targaryens. Tyrion is 9 years younger than his siblings so he couldn't have been conceived on Tywin and Joanna's wedding night.

Plus Cersei's behavior and the incest are Targ too.

Sarcasm
1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

The theory makes perfect sense, except that it would mean that Cersei and Jaime are Targaryens. Tyrion is 9 years younger than his siblings so he couldn't have been conceived on Tywin and Joanna's wedding night.

Plus Cersei's behavior and the incest are Targ too.

if Jamie and Cersei are Targ, that means that they're not Tywin's kids. Tywin hates Tyrion because he is the only trueborn Lannister

the theory varies, but there is a bunch of videos on it 

Beerjeezus
1 hour ago, Sarcasm said:

if Jamie and Cersei are Targ, that means that they're not Tywin's kids. Tywin hates Tyrion because he is the only trueborn Lannister

the theory varies, but there is a bunch of videos on it 

Yeah it makes sense.

Brooklyn Baby
On May 13, 2019 at 2:11 PM, Beerjeezus said:

I know right? She's always been cruel. After everything she's lost now, her anger is getting the better of her. It seems in character. She's burned people alive and held cities under siege. It's not like she ever cared about Geneva conventions.

Totally agree. I keep seeing people saying "omg way to ruin 7 seasons of character progression in 5 episodes :rolleyes:" but the reality is that Dany's character has been progressing towards this point for ages. It would have been weird if she HADN'T burned the city imo, given the fact that Missandei and Jorah (aka her conscience) are both gone. People just don't want to accept that the character they've been squealing "yassss kweeeennnn" about for the past 7 years is a vengeful bitch. 

also... I fucking loved this episode. It was amazing. Really all I've ever wanted out of GOT is to watch Cersei get ground into the dust (DIDN'T THINK I'D SEE IT LITERALLY HAPPEN) and for CLEGANEBOWL. I got both! In one episode!

• Like 1

Khaleesi.

UGH, I'm going to have to wait till Monday to watch the finale because my friends are out of town for a wedding. :cry: HOW WILL I SURVIVE? HOW WILL I AVOID SPOILERS? 

Beerjeezus
2 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Totally agree. I keep seeing people saying "omg way to ruin 7 seasons of character progression in 5 episodes :rolleyes:" but the reality is that Dany's character has been progressing towards this point for ages. It would have been weird if she HADN'T burned the city imo, given the fact that Missandei and Jorah (aka her conscience) are both gone. People just don't want to accept that the character they've been squealing "yassss kweeeennnn" about for the past 7 years is a vengeful bitch. 

also... I fucking loved this episode. It was amazing. Really all I've ever wanted out of GOT is to watch Cersei get ground into the dust (DIDN'T THINK I'D SEE IT LITERALLY HAPPEN) and for CLEGANEBOWL. I got both! In one episode!

Yes, it's not all of a sudden. What bugs me about it the most are all the feminist interpretations like  "if a man did that he'd be redeemable but when a woman does it she's mad". What the fuck? If Jon did it it would be just as bad but a lot more out of character.

It was cool when Daenerys was freeing all slaves, but she was doing it to get people's allegiance, not because she was less power hungry than the others. And she's always been kind of ruthless, so when she came to Westeros and wasn't welcomed as she expected, it made sense she snapped.

Khaleesi.
57 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

"if a man did that he'd be redeemable but when a woman does it she's mad"

I guess they've conveniently forgotten about her father :lol: 

• Haha 1

Beerjeezus
23 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

I guess they've conveniently forgotten about her father :lol: 

Her father is also an explanation why Westeros isn't excited about her at all. She didn't get much praise for helping the north but it makes perfect sense that the Westerosi don't want the Targ dynasty restored.

Brooklyn Baby
29 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Her father is also an explanation why Westeros isn't excited about her at all. She didn't get much praise for helping the north but it makes perfect sense that the Westerosi don't want the Targ dynasty restored.

Their reticence about Dany totally confirmed as she came swooping in and obliterated an entire city. 

• Like 1

Sarcasm

At this point I'm just watching for the action. I'm very much looking forward to the next books. I constantly re-read the old ones and I watch fan theory videos several times a week. The books are not fantastic, but they're so much better than the show at this point that it's laughable. 

fukingcounterstrike
2 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

At this point I'm just watching for the action. I'm very much looking forward to the next books. I constantly re-listen to the old ones and I watch fan theory videos several times a week. The books are not fantastic, but they're so much better than the show at this point that it's laughable. 

let the truth be told :P 

Lindsay
10 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

UGH, I'm going to have to wait till Monday to watch the finale because my friends are out of town for a wedding. :cry: HOW WILL I SURVIVE? HOW WILL I AVOID SPOILERS? 

Same!! I'm in Kelowna this weekend and we have plans Sunday night. Just gotta stay off the internet until Monday afternoon I guess hahaha