CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

Sarcasm
2 hours ago, Trotsky said:

I find it kind of weird and disorientating the order they decided to settle these plot points in. It's kind of like "The literal end of the fucking world came and we stopped it! Now back to the petty squabbles of humans - we can fight over thrones again since our extinction event is over!"

yeah the last time the others came it was called "the long night" not "that one night". The next book is called "winds of winter" and the one after that is called "a dream of spring", not exactly implying that the whole thing will end in 1 night

Trotsky
On 4/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sarcasm said:

yeah the last time the others came it was called "the long night" not "that one night". The next book is called "winds of winter" and the one after that is called "a dream of spring", not exactly implying that the whole thing will end in 1 night

My guess is that the last 2 books will end quite differently than the show. Even though GRRM supposedly told the showrunners how the story should end, I think they at least compressed the hell out of the plot to make it more TV friendly, plus GRRM has made it known how much he hates being under pressure to write faster so perhaps the only way he could deal with the situation of the show surpassing the books is making a change. Probably the same broad outline applies to both, the same general idea of the ending, but I think TWOW will surprise us...

If it's ever finished

• Like 1

Beerjeezus

At this point I don't put my hopes up for the books.

Sarcasm
2 hours ago, Trotsky said:

My guess is that the last 2 books will end quite differently than the show. Even though GRRM supposedly told the showrunners how the story should end, I think they at least compressed the hell out of the plot to make it more TV friendly, plus GRRM has made it known how much he hates being under pressure to write faster so perhaps the only way he could deal with the situation of the show surpassing the books is making a change. Probably the same broad outline applies to both, the same general idea of the ending, but I think TWOW will surprise us...

If it's ever finished

all I wanna know is who killed little walder

Göta

Not digging the character developements and romantic twists going on. 

fukingcounterstrike

If the show ends on a somewhat positive note, somehow I feel like Martin is going to end the book with total oblivion and despair as the end note. Hash out more of a story for the night king, have him prevail, and leave one if not a few main characters alive and on the run to push through the feelings of utter defeat and despair. He seems like he would do that

• Like 1

Beerjeezus

There's the prophecy that Cersei will be defeated by a younger queen and first Cersei thought it was going to be Maergery, now Daenerys, but imagine the plot twist if it ends up being Sansa.

I also have a theory that Jon will betray Daenerys. (Which is a super unStarky thing to do, but after all, he's a Targ.)

• Like 2

Lindsay

I think:

- Jaime will kill Cersei
- The Hound will kill The Mountain 

I don't think Jon will kill Dany, but I think he definitely will betray her in some way. I don't see them getting married/ruling the throne together. She's kind of lost the plot at this point.

Ritz

Dany will turn full on mad queen and Arya will go for the kill. My 2 cents.

Sarcasm

oh boy it's the iron fleet ex machina

fuck this, man

Brooklyn Baby

I've been so disappointed in this season. Episode 1 was really the only episode I super enjoyed, the show has really gone to shit. I'm restarting it because I want to watch the whole thing through and the difference between the first season and this one in terms of quality of story-telling is just insane. Hate that things are ending like this!!!

Adorkable

I liked this past episode much better than the other episodes. It was nice that Brienne got laid. My guess is that Dani, Jon and Cersei all die. Jaime turns down the thrown to live a quiet life with Brienne and Tyrion gets the thrown. Arya kills Cersei with Euron's face. 

Ritz
13 hours ago, Adorkable said:

Arya kills Cersei with Euron's face. 

I would love this.

Adorkable

WTF WAS THAT!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

NO NO NO NO NO Jaime was supposed to kill Cersei and then go back and have large babies with Brienne. He was supposed to find redemption!!!! They were not supposed to die like young tragic lovers. And what was this shit with all this death and destruction and a white horse being conveniently there for Arya to run off with. Unless she is really dead riding into heaven or some hokey shit like that. The only thing that is happening that I expected was that Dani goes mad. Next week they will concentrate on killing her. I'm starting to lean towards Tyrion is asked to take the iron throne and he decides to create a democracy instead. No more rulers.

• Like 1

Sarcasm

Y A S S  M A D  Q U E E N I E 

No throne, no king, only winter

• Like 1

Khaleesi.

THE 👏 MAD 👏 QUEEN 👏

Beerjeezus

Jon the first president of Westeros next week.

Adorkable
9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Jon the first president of Westeros next week.

If anyone it will be Tyrion

Beerjeezus
6 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

If anyone it will be Tyrion

He would be good at it, but I can't think of a way for it to happen in just one episode.

Adorkable
15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He would be good at it, but I can't think of a way for it to happen in just one episode.

Because jon doesnt want it and he will give it up to the person that will govern with intelligence and kindness, Tyrion. Or Jon dies killing Dani. 

Another theory is that the throne or governorship goes to someone that is still around but has been pretty absent from the storyline this season, Yara Greyjoy.

Beerjeezus
3 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Because jon doesnt want it and he will give it up to the person that will govern with intelligence and kindness, Tyrion. Or Jon dies killing Dani. 

Another theory is that the throne or governorship goes to someone that is still around but has been pretty absent from the storyline this season, Yara Greyjoy.

The first option seems good to me. Jon will have to stand up to Dany, even if he doesn't want to be a king.

If both Jon and Dany die, who'd have the claim to the throne anyway? Either Gendry as the Baratheon successor or no one. That's really an opportunity to end monarchy. 

Khaleesi.

Unless it comes out that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen... :sherlock:

Adorkable
12 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Unless it comes out that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen... :sherlock:

I've thought of that as well

Beerjeezus

That would be too much of a deux es machina, but after Arya did her stabbing with the pointy end, everything is possible.

Khaleesi.

Jon either dies while killing Danny or kills Danny and then passes on the throne. Since Tyrion is a Targaryen, he's next in line for the throne. But, good guy Tyrion decides that too much bloodshed is caused over the throne, so he establishes a democracy instead. 

:sherlock:

• Love 1