CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

Ritz
1 minute ago, Dai. said:

So who are Jon's parents? I get that Lyanna is his mother, but who is she? And who's the father, if it isn't Rob Stark?

Rhaegar! 

Sarcasm
30 minutes ago, Dai. said:

So who are Jon's parents? I get that Lyanna is his mother, but who is she? And who's the father, if it isn't Rob Stark?

Rhaegar is the daddy, and Lyanna is the mother. Rhaegar is Aeris' son. (Mad king.)

Lyanna was promised to Robert Baratheon, but Rhaegar apparently charmed her at a tournament and they ran away together.

Robert started the rebellion and killed Rhaegar. When Ned finds Lyanna he makes him promise to not tell Robert that she had a kid with Raegar because Robert would kill the baby. Raeghar. Rhaegar. Raegar.

Anyway, this makes Daenerys Jon's aunt since she is the daughter of the mad king.

• Like 1

Dai.

Thank you!!

Comrade

I'm so hard for more Thrones after those last two episodes. Consecutive 10/10s. Like a night at one of Leo DiCaprio's boat parties. 

• Like 2

Maddy.
17 hours ago, Dai. said:

Rhaegar Targaryen 

Oops didny see the new page ignore meeee

Sarcasm

so how is your shipping game after season 6? Aside from the obvious Tormund/Brienne, I mean. 

I'm tempted to start shipping Bran and Meera.

Nemo.

I'm shipping jaime/brienne because brienne is more disgusted when she sees tormund. And Jamie and Brienne like each other. I loved the jamie/brienne moments in this season.

Ritz

Dany and Yara all the way! :ga:

• Like 1

Comrade

I've seen folk shipping Jon and Sansa. They need to fuck off. 

Dany and Jon long term, tying the north and south. 

I just want to see what happens with Littlefinger/Sansa/House Arryn. I can only guess he'll be the sub-villain for the next series, along with Euron and big bad Cersei. 

The Tyrells and Dorne will be backing Dany it seems. Shits going down in the south. 

Sarcasm
59 minutes ago, Comrade said:

I've seen folk shipping Jon and Sansa. They need to fuck off. 

Dany and Jon long term, tying the north and south. 

I just want to see what happens with Littlefinger/Sansa/House Arryn. I can only guess he'll be the sub-villain for the next series, along with Euron and big bad Cersei. 

The Tyrells and Dorne will be backing Dany it seems. Shits going down in the south. 

Sansa is his cousin. In that world, I don's see any legal issues, but it's still kind of weird. Jon/Dany is a tad too predictable and boring imo. Actually the show in general has become sort of predictable. It's a definite good/evil split now. :( 

Comrade
10 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

Sansa is his cousin. In that world, I don's see any legal issues, but it's still kind of weird. Jon/Dany is a tad too predictable and boring imo. Actually the show in general has become sort of predictable. It's a definite good/evil split now. :( 

I don't think it's predictable so much as coming to logical conclusions as build up over the years. There'll be a lot of people confusing the show/books pandering to fans for simply going where years of intense analysis has figured out where the stories will go. The story was always good vs evil in a world of grey. As evil gets closer, the grey looks lighter. The squabbling after the White Walkers/Others are defeated is more intriguing than that particular conflict, imo. 

Jaymee!!

Um hello???! New season! Where's the hype!

Dai.
1 hour ago, Jaymee!! said:

Um hello???! New season! Where's the hype!

giphy.gif

Really though

giphy.gif

• Like 3

St. Jonny

I'm only on the last two episodes of Season 6. It's a lot better than I thought it would be but still a lot not happening that should be. Glad Snow isn't dead anymore but still a bit more war and dragon shit would be nice.

Jaymee!!

With all the theories about the exact positioning of Jamie and Cersi on the map, I really hope it's him who ends up killing her. I think Arya is going to die once (if) she gets to her and tbh I'd be ok with that because she's already been such a badass with everything else she's done.

Adorkable

I am guessing that it is going to come down to a confrontation between Cersei and Tyrion and Jamie needs to choose and he chooses Tyrion. I am also guessing that eventually Jon Snow and Daenerys will join forces. 

Trotsky

I don't know if there are any book readers here who will back me on this but I really feel like the show ruined Euron Greyjoy. I don't have a problem with the actor, he acts fine, but the way he has been written and characterized in the show is really a step down from the Euron in the books. He isn't intimidating, and he isn't all too charismatic. 

Jaymee!!
58 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

I don't know if there are any book readers here who will back me on this but I really feel like the show ruined Euron Greyjoy. I don't have a problem with the actor, he acts fine, but the way he has been written and characterized in the show is really a step down from the Euron in the books. He isn't intimidating, and he isn't all too charismatic. 

I'm working my way through the book series now, slowly but surely. How do the depictions differ?

Sarcasm
1 hour ago, Trotsky said:

oh he has no depth whatsoever. In the previous season he was just (Alt shift x quote-ish) another white guy shouting about killing people. Now, he has somehow made 1000 ships while staying at a group of islands without trees and is dressed like he wants to play for a hair rock band in the mid 80'.

Trotsky
1 hour ago, Jaymee!! said:

I'm working my way through the book series now, slowly but surely. How do the depictions differ?

The Euron in the TV show kind of gives me the impression of a belligerent alcoholic. In the books, Euron is terrifying. Just as cruel as Ramsay, but much smarter. His appearance is a lot different. He has an eyepatch and lips dyed blue because he drinks shade of the evening. His entire crew are mutes because he cut off their tongues. And he has some badass quotes.

"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."

Also in the books he possesses a very powerful object, which I haven't seen in the show yet, but I don't want to spoil that. 

1 hour ago, Sarcasm said:

oh he has no depth whatsoever. In the previous season he was just (Alt shift x quote-ish) another white guy shouting about killing people. Now, he has somehow made 1000 ships while staying at a group of islands without trees and is dressed like he wants to play for a hair rock band in the mid 80'.

I really hope to see some cool Euron scenes from the books, like (book spoilers, obviously) 

Conquering a castle in the reach and then taking the lord's bastard daughter as his mistress, but then later basically crucifying her by tying her to the mast of his ship, along with his brother Damphair, and she was warned to not trust him but she didn't listen. 

He's just delightfully evil. 

Sarcasm
25 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

The Euron in the TV show kind of gives me the impression of a belligerent alcoholic. In the books, Euron is terrifying. Just as cruel as Ramsay, but much smarter. His appearance is a lot different. He has an eyepatch and lips dyed blue because he drinks shade of the evening. His entire crew are mutes because he cut off their tongues. And he has some badass quotes.

"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."

Also in the books he possesses a very powerful object, which I haven't seen in the show yet, but I don't want to spoil that. 

I really hope to see some cool Euron scenes from the books, like (book spoilers, obviously) 

Hide contents

Conquering a castle in the reach and then taking the lord's bastard daughter as his mistress, but then later basically crucifying her by tying her to the mast of his ship, along with his brother Damphair, and she was warned to not trust him but she didn't listen. 

He's just delightfully evil. 

I've read everything so I know what you're talking about. However I think the show has circumvented that and most likely the gift he wants to give to Cersei is a person. Most likely Ellaria, another sandsnake or Tyrion. 

I think the show will totally dismiss the horn of winter and use that brand on Bran's arm instead. The horn *is* kind of silly, after all. 

Comrade

I enjoyed episode two. So as not to spoil anything until I know people have seen it, all I'll say is that I love how as the episode progressed the pace picked up, as it will for the whole series. Very exciting! 

• Like 1

Adorkable
3 hours ago, Comrade said:

I enjoyed episode two. So as not to spoil anything until I know people have seen it, all I'll say is that I love how as the episode progressed the pace picked up, as it will for the whole series. Very exciting! 

I agree. I think the build up to the final scene was great. Hopefully that is a sign that the entire season is going to be good.

• Like 1

St. Jonny

Sorry, this is going back to Season 5 but, was rewatching some episodes. The little girl getting burned was so hard to watch and hear, this show can be damn sickening. :lol: Still think season 4 is unbeatable.

• Like 1

Jaymee!!

Ok while I feel for the people who aren't caught up with the latest episode yet, I'm dying to discuss! I was personally intrigued by Arya saying 'that's not you' (or something similar, whatever it was). What could it mean? At first I got caught up in the Arya's dead theory and that was another page to it, but now I'm wondering if it could've been Bran? I like the latter theory much more, and I can't wait until the next ep!