CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

Really annoyed about this season so far. They're dumbing it down hugely :(

Comrade

On episode 8 of season 1. Love Littlefinger. He's my favourite. Ned's cool but I think I only like him because I like Sean Bean. Shame I already knew he was only in it for the first season. The midget is a lad too. Joffrey is a little shite though. I quite hope someone spears him.

Drop Dead Hideous

On episode 8 of season 1. Love Littlefinger. He's my favourite. Ned's cool but I think I only like him because I like Sean Bean. Shame I already knew he was only in it for the first season. The midget is a lad too. Joffrey is a little shite though. I quite hope someone spears him.

Tyrion is my favorite so far besides Jon Snow. I was actually shocked

when Ned Stark died. I haven't got around reading the book after I finished season 1

• Like 1

Kayfabe

Really annoyed about this season so far. They're dumbing it down hugely :(

tell us what really happens in these first couple of episodes then

tell us what really happens in these first couple of episodes then

It's mainly the interaction between Margaery and Joffrey that's irritating. They've brought it back to the stage where it's OMG SHE HAS BOOBS HES GONNA DO EVERYTHING SHE SAYS. Although some parts of that scene in the second episode were good. Maybe they just made it really obvious in the first episode for people who aren't big fans or whatever.

There was other stuff too, they're kinda starting to deviate a lot from the books now. That was the main thing though, it lacked the subtlety that Martin's writing had.

Kayfabe

It's mainly the interaction between Margaery and Joffrey that's irritating. They've brought it back to the stage where it's OMG SHE HAS BOOBS HES GONNA DO EVERYTHING SHE SAYS. Although some parts of that scene in the second episode were good. Maybe they just made it really obvious in the first episode for people who aren't big fans or whatever.

There was other stuff too, they're kinda starting to deviate a lot from the books now. That was the main thing though, it lacked the subtlety that Martin's writing had.

oh. such is life, when you're transferring to a simpler medium

oh. such is life, when you're transferring to a simpler medium

I know Martin is writing the episodes, and to be honest, from reading his books, he's kinda obsessed with boobs. Might explain a few things.

Sarcasm

I know it's dumbed down from the books, but I haven't read those, I'm reading those once the show is done and I can enjoy them without spoiling anything for myself.

As long as I don't read, the show can stay excellent.

I know it's dumbed down from the books, but I haven't read those, I'm reading those once the show is done and I can enjoy them without spoiling anything for myself.

As long as I don't read, the show can stay excellent.

The first season was barely dumbed down at all, which made me so happy. Even the dialogue was almost word for word. I read the books after watching the first season, and I was quite happy with how they adapted it.

I'm still not sure what the hell they're doing with Roz though.

She ain't in the books so...

Drop Dead Hideous

what I liked was the interaction of Arya Stark and Tywin Lannister in season 2. It kinda show that Tywin has actually a soft and for me that makes him more humane even though it was not in the books..

• Like 2

colour_me_stupid_

Yeah, I have some issues with this season so far.

SAM DID SEND THE RAVENS!!! At this stage the whole 'sam the slayer' thing should have been introduced! Are they just going to portray him as a waste of space pussy for the rest of it? I hope not. Poor Sam

:(

Don't know why Robb was in Harrenhal either. He never went there at all.

Some major rumours going round too that Talisa is a spy for the Lannisters. Interesting.

Overall though it's good. nom nom Jaime :happy:

Dirty Rotten Bastard

The books will always be better. The first season was great, but now I don't know...

colour_me_stupid_

Of course, but I really think they are doing an excellent job with it. I read another series of books in the same genre, and when it was made into a tv show they absolutely destroyed it and went wayyyy off the books. Considering that they were first thinking of making it a movie (!!!) they're sticking to the books as best they can I suppose. They have so many characters down to a T with the casting.

Kayfabe

^was that spoilered comment you just posted, spoiler for the whole season or just the 2 eps so far?

^was that spoilered comment you just posted, spoiler for the whole season or just the 2 eps so far?

Mostly book stuff, and a plot rumour for the show.

Sarcasm

I'm re watching season 1 today/tonight. It's finished downloading in 720 in 30 minutes, and I'm finally gonna learn more names. I can only name Arya, John, Tyron, Jamie and Geoffry. And that one king and that other fella from the iron islands look totally the same.

The amount of characters is just too big for me to know all the names after 2 season.

I'm re watching season 1 today/tonight. It's finished downloading in 720 in 30 minutes, and I'm finally gonna learn more names. I can only name Arya, John, Tyron, Jamie and Geoffry. And that one king and that other fella from the iron islands look totally the same.

The amount of characters is just too big for me to know all the names after 2 season.

Dude, it's even worse in the books. By the 5th I nearly gave up.

This show fucking turns me on it's not fun.

This show fucking turns me on it's not fun.

So which character is Scottish?

So which character is Scottish?

Mother fucking Robb is all I know so far :P

uhleckseee

Found this on reddit, but holy shit, the actor who plays Hodor is actually huge!!

74x8YhY.jpg

HODOR!

Ninja edit: I also just learned from r/GameofThrones that episode 7 of this season will be written by George R.R. Martin, so hopefully a lot of awesome shit goes down. :D

Found this on reddit, but holy shit, the actor who plays Hodor is actually huge!!

HODOR!

Ninja edit: I also just learned from r/GameofThrones that episode 7 of this season will be written by George R.R. Martin, so hopefully a lot of awesome shit goes down. :D

Hmm, I wonder what huge event could be happening in that episode...? :P:whistle:rolleyes:

Drop Dead Hideous

Hmm, I wonder what huge event could be happening in that episode...? :P:whistle:rolleyes:

is that the scene where Robb and Caitlyn dies? I've read it somewhere in the internet that both of them are gonna die

is that the scene where Robb and Caitlyn dies? I've read it somewhere in the internet that both of them are gonna die

It's a distinct possibility :P

Dirty Rotten Bastard

I think the 'huge event' will happen in episode nine. It happens quite far on in the books, I can't see how they can cover it all by episode seven, plus, all the 'big' events so far have taken place in episode nine.