CaesarSalad

Game of Thrones

bollard_11

Is it strange that even though Tywin is a complete cunt, I quite like him as a character! Almost found myself cheering aloud at the TV when he stormed in at the end

BigFatStan

Hands down the best series I ever watched. It so well made in every way and the plot is billiant. The characters are amazing, there's more than meets the eye to each and every one of them. I'm competely addicted. :wub:

I agree. I love the imagery and the gore, but am frustrated by some of the politics. Despite that, it is still my favorite series of all time. I have read everything up until DWD which I am half through now, but am slowing down on the reading because I feel like it will take forever for the next two planned books to come out...and then there could still be more.

I read somewhere that the second of the two new books is not due out until 2017!

Have any of you heard about any of that?

As I said, I love the series, and I feel like it is staying realistically close to the books, however, when there is no material from the books left, and the story is still unfinished, what are they going to do then?

captain peroxide

There are two (possibly three) books left in the series. The fifth just came out last year, and it could be anything from 3-5 years for each subsequent book, so yeah, we're looking at possibly over a decade before the series is finished. They obviously can't continue the show until the books come out, and what worries me is that in ten years, all the actors are gonna look a lot older.

Shoot That Fucker Down

There are two (possibly three) books left in the series. The fifth just came out last year, and it could be anything from 3-5 years for each subsequent book, so yeah, we're looking at possibly over a decade before the series is finished. They obviously can't continue the show until the books come out, and what worries me is that in ten years, all the actors are gonna look a lot older.

I wouldn't stress about that. HBO is notorious for cancelling big-budget shows. I think they'll do the next two seasons they're contracted for then call it a day.

captain peroxide

I wouldn't stress about that. HBO is notorious for cancelling big-budget shows. I think they'll do the next two seasons they're contracted for then call it a day.

That just makes me stress more :P I want to see the whole saga onscreen! You're probably right though, they'll probably call it quits at the fifth book, and try and wrap up the plot threads somehow.

Although, interesting factoid numero uno, Martin is apparently confident he'll be able to finish the series before the HBO catches up. Which seems somewhat plausible, considering how enormous Storm of Swords is. They'll probably split that into two seasons. So we'll see.

Interesting factoid numero duo, Martin has told the two main producers of the show the basic elements to the ending of the entire saga, in case he dies before he can finish it. Not sure how that might or might not come into play. Obviously I'm hoping he doesn't die before finishing the series, but we'll see.

Shoot That Fucker Down

Although, interesting factoid numero uno, Martin is apparently confident he'll be able to finish the series before the HBO catches up. Which seems somewhat plausible, considering how enormous Storm of Swords is. They'll probably split that into two seasons. So we'll see.

Interesting factoid numero duo, Martin has told the two main producers of the show the basic elements to the ending of the entire saga, in case he dies before he can finish it. Not sure how that might or might not come into play. Obviously I'm hoping he doesn't die before finishing the series, but we'll see.

Storm of Swords IS getting split into two seasons, justifiably so. Thank goodness, it's easily the best book of the whole series.

GRRM dying before he finishes is the more important problem.

A song for the lovers

should I read the books before I will watch it?

captain peroxide

GRRM dying before he finishes is the more important problem.

I don't think it's something we need to worry about too much. I mean, 63 isn't young, but it's not that old, either.

Frank's Penis

Although if he has/gets a degenerative disease you're still a bit screwed. [/morbid]

I saw a guy who looked exactly like Theon yesterday, it was a bit creepy. He kept staring at me; I probably started it though.

Yussef

Theon is sad and pathetic.

• Like 1

Kayfabe

Is it strange that even though Tywin is a complete cunt, I quite like him as a character! Almost found myself cheering aloud at the TV when he stormed in at the end

No I fucking love Tywin and I'm actually not sure why either. I genuinely want him to get the throne (3-way tie between him, Robb and Danaerys for me) and I think it's because of how on top of things he is.

Yussef

Oh my god, I love Danaerys a lot but we get it. You're the khaleesi, the mother of dragons etc. STOP SHUT UP WE GET IT OKAY

• Like 1

Kayfabe

But Frank

she is the Khaleesi

Yussef

SHE'S NOT A PRINCESS

SHE'S A KHALEESI

I want her to be my khaleesi.

• Like 1

Shoot That Fucker Down

I don't think it's something we need to worry about too much. I mean, 63 isn't young, but it's not that old, either.

When you're as overweight as he is, it's a concern, especially considering he's going 4-5 years between books. At this rate the 7th book may not be complete until he's pushing 80.

should I read the books before I will watch it?

I didn't. I watched the whole first season with no notion of the first book at all. Book 1/A Game of Thrones is basically the entire season of the show verbatim. In fact the book didn't actually have enough resource material to fill out a 10-episode season, so they had to bleed a bit of the 2nd book in as well as write up new scenes.

In fact, that's part of what's made the second season very difficult to watch at times. Without giving too much away, Book 2/A Clash of Kings is twice the size of Book 1, and most of the time is spent on introducing new characters and areas, developing every character we've met, new and old, and saving all the major action for the last 100 pages or so of the novel (which outside of book 3 is a pretty common trend in the series). The writers of GoT the HBO Series have gone from creating new material to fill out a season to cutting incredible boatloads of details and side characters as well as changing motivations just to get the entire book 2 story to fit within the constraints of 10 episodes.

There's been a handful of times this past season where that's really hurt certain storylines (cough, Daenarys, cough).

bollard_11

The series does be filmed 2 hours away from me in Northern Ireland. And they are looking for extras. But the only requirement is the growth of a beard . . . .

Kayfabe

can you grow one

Yussef

why can't we all grow one, i want to be in danaerys' arms

• Like 1

lizziebix

The series does be filmed 2 hours away from me in Northern Ireland. And they are looking for extras. But the only requirement is the growth of a beard . . . .

That would so cool. Beard and an extra...I say at least try for it!

bollard_11

That would so cool. Beard and an extra...I say at least try for it!

I shall investigate further!!

Sarcasm

I just watched the 10th episode of season 2, and it's the best episode of the show by far in my opinion! This fucking blew me away!

So many things is happening! The little girl is running away, Geoffry has somehow become lord of fucking everything, the blond dragon chick got her dragons back and killed the undying dude, John Snow killed the other Crow and became a part of the wild people beyond the wall. The Lanister dwarf was defeated in battle and is so in love with his girlfriend/prostitute. The dude who tried to take over Kings Landing/winterfell (can't remember which one) tried to convince his men to have a last and legendary stand in a classic "few against many" showdown, but was knocked out, and I don't know what happened.

And then a zombie army appeared and it looks like they're gonna invade those people beyond the wall, OR, that army is the army of those wild people.

I'm fucking blown away.. And Jamie Lanister is still the prisoner of the big warrior woman! ._.

I need to learn the names of people in this show soon, I can't remember 3 names. Only a few of the simple ones :P

I'm never reading the books, that's gonna ruin everything xD

• Like 1

lizziebix

I just watched the 10th episode of season 2, and it's the best episode of the show by far in my opinion! This fucking blew me away!

So many things is happening! The little girl is running away, Geoffry has somehow become lord of fucking everything, the blond dragon chick got her dragons back and killed the undying dude, John Snow killed the other Crow and became a part of the wild people beyond the wall. The Lanister dwarf was defeated in battle and is so in love with his girlfriend/prostitute. The dude who tried to take over Kings Landing/winterfell (can't remember which one) tried to convince his men to have a last and legendary stand in a classic "few against many" showdown, but was knocked out, and I don't know what happened.

And then a zombie army appeared and it looks like they're gonna invade those people beyond the wall, OR, that army is the army of those wild people.

I'm fucking blown away.. And Jamie Lanister is still the prisoner of the big warrior woman! ._.

I need to learn the names of people in this show soon, I can't remember 3 names. Only a few of the simple ones :P

I'm never reading the books, that's gonna ruin everything xD

This is actually a better reveiw for someone who doesn't know the names but does know the story lines (and is no longer watching the series although hubby is and usually tells me about it). So, thanks! :)

Sarcasm

This is actually a better reveiw for someone who doesn't know the names but does know the story lines (and is no longer watching the series although hubby is and usually tells me about it). So, thanks! :)

There are more names in this show than all the Tolkien books put together..

lizziebix

There are more names in this show than all the Tolkien books put together..

And for some reason I could follow the Tolkien names a lot easier! :lol:

CaesarSalad

aaaaghjlasj i still haven't watched the last episode but from what i hear it added a ton of stuff that wasn't in the books that pretty much cements a few of the theories and i'm so excited. edit: or it can change it all and leave me confused but sobbing anyways o k a y

i am so excited/terrified for season 3 there are actually no words.