Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

Cars and Driving

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Come Along, Pond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,825 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 8,173 rep

Yes the rumors are true. I traded in my beloved 350z yesterday for this little guy.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/1374...

pansy ass.

­­rootbeersoup

­­rootbeersoup
  • Or Nah

• 13,255 posts
  • Joined Oct 02, 2006
  • 221 rep

pansy ass.

U hatin my #tinycarswag

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Come Along, Pond

• 8,825 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 8,173 rep

U hatin my #tinycarswag

#sus

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,587 rep

Yes the rumors are true. I traded in my beloved 350z yesterday for this little guy.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/1374...

I demand that you hand over your man card immediately. It will be replaced with a Latina Diva card. Had you opted for the four-door, you could have received the Diddy card, which is like a man card, only 37% more fly.

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 803 rep
I honestly can't picture Americans driving 'small' cars, in my mind it's all 4x4s or muscle cars :P
I'd love a 50s/60s style car like a Chevy or something though. I quite like British Minis from that era too.

­­rootbeersoup

­­rootbeersoup
  • Or Nah

• 13,255 posts
  • Joined Oct 02, 2006
  • 221 rep
Anti-based swag-haters aside, I save $600 a year on car insurance, my MPG goes from 15 to 35 and I don't have to spend $1500 to get tires changed. If any of you had to commute through New Orleans every day, you'd understand why I bought the car and let go of the Z

Now time to start motorcycle shopping :)

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

so the headlight fitments on my car are buggered, the connections are weak as fuck so when me & my brother changed the bulbs to new brighter ones, they just cut out completely. had to angle them perfectly to get them to work so now i have to pay out for that to be fixed.

oh and the handbrake handle is like welded the fuck on. got the gear knob changed, but the handbrake i just can't get off for the life of me. so now they're not matching and it looks ridiculous and i'm annoyed :mad:

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,305 rep
My brother has bought a four door ford mondeo, I hope he lets me drive it the odd time in the summer :ninja: if they're getting rid of the starlet I'm in with a chance :lol:
Dad has a Suzuki baleno but it is an absolute honk of shit and I wouldn't be caught dead driving it :lol: I must try post a picture of it so ye can see I'm not being fussy or w/e

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 18,430 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,032 rep

it's gonna be like $1500 to fix my fucking car. jesus christ. 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,042 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,674 rep

it's gonna be like $1500 to fix my fucking car. jesus christ. 

fuck, what happened?  :o my car doesn't even worth that :/

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 18,430 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,032 rep

fuck, what happened?  :o my car doesn't even worth that :/

yesterday morning i was driving to work when some deer darted out in front of my car. i slammed on the brakes swerved and almost ended up in the ditch.. and then it felt like something snapped and the car kept coasting...so when it slowed down i pulled the emergency break. the brakes were completely gone. when the tow truck came there was brake fluid all over the ground. :/

i'm not 100% sure what the issue was because my mom's been dealing with the mechanics at ford, but apparently the pistons blew (?) and the rotors were fucked. so they're gonna charge us for the pistons, break pads and rotors for both sides because everything's shot. 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,042 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,674 rep

ishh it looks really bad! :( at least you're okay, knowing the breaks were gone. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 12,562 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 1,966 rep

yesterday morning i was driving to work when some deer darted out in front of my car. i slammed on the brakes swerved and almost ended up in the ditch.. and then it felt like something snapped and the car kept coasting...so when it slowed down i pulled the emergency break. the brakes were completely gone. when the tow truck came there was brake fluid all over the ground. :/

i'm not 100% sure what the issue was because my mom's been dealing with the mechanics at ford, but apparently the pistons blew (?) and the rotors were fucked. so they're gonna charge us for the pistons, break pads and rotors for both sides because everything's shot.

Ugh that sucks. The brakes went on our car when I was driving but dad fixed it all himself for like $300 =/ Dealers always overcharge!

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 18,430 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,032 rep

Ugh that sucks. The brakes went on our car when I was driving but dad fixed it all himself for like $300 =/ Dealers always overcharge!

yeah, it's crazy. if it was just the breaks then i would've just got ryan to fix it cause he has a lift in his garage... but because the the pistons blew too i figured professionals should just deal with it. 

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,846 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,337 rep
My Mini's making an ugle noise. Can't tell if it's the breaks, a tire issue or something else entirely. UGH.

Carling, I'm really glad it's only your car that needs fixing. :hug:

Advertising

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 12,562 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 1,966 rep

Yeah, not the car AND a deer ;)

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 18,430 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,032 rep

thanks mar <3  it definitely could've been a lot worse, and i'm really glad it happened on a less busy road. i was just outside the busiest part of town, so i'm really thankful it happened when it did. 

Yeah, not the car AND a deer ;)

omg if i had hit a deer i would've been devastated. i ran over a groundhog one time and cried all the way home. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 12,562 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 1,966 rep

thanks mar <3  it definitely could've been a lot worse, and i'm really glad it happened on a less busy road. i was just outside the busiest part of town, so i'm really thankful it happened when it did. 
omg if i had hit a deer i would've been devastated. i ran over a groundhog one time and cried all the way home.

If I ever hit an animal I swear I would drive like a grandma for the rest of my life so I didn't hit another.

Honestly I'd rather spend money fixing my car than have a dead animal on my conscience I think.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,846 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,337 rep

I hit a dog once.  Ran right in front of my car (wasn't going very fast) and it bounced into oncoming traffic and another car hit it too.  Obviously, I pulled over, crying hysterically.  The owner of the other car (I can still hear him) kept saying it wasn't his fault.  It was "the other guy" that hit the dog first.  Luckily there were a lot of people around and a young man took charge and said he take the dog to the emergency vet.  And then he turned to me and very quietly and calmly told me that it really wasn't my fault.  The dog ran out and I could never have stopped in time.  He said he saw it all happen.

I don't know what happened to the dog but I've been ever grateful to that young man for his reassuring words at the time.

­­rootbeersoup

­­rootbeersoup
  • Or Nah

• 13,255 posts
  • Joined Oct 02, 2006
  • 221 rep
Hitting an animal with your car is just natural selection

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Resident Tree Hugger

• 16,429 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,310 rep
My uncle ran over and killed his daughter's dog when we were younger. How awkward.

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

getting my new speakers & soft top fitted this week (hopefully) :runaround: i'm so excited i can finally have my roof down and listen to music and UGH it's gunna be fab. 

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• 14,424 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,361 rep

getting my new speakers & soft top fitted this week (hopefully) :runaround: i'm so excited i can finally have my roof down and listen to music and UGH it's gunna be fab. 

but you live in wales

why would you do that in wales

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

but you live in wales

why would you do that in wales

for the few times i go to England :( 

it's been pretty hot here for a while now (a while meaning a few days) and a hardtop is too much, seeing as my window doesn't feckin work :lol: so top down. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users