Doris The Spider

Cars and Driving

Yussef

Hopefully, I will have my driving licence by the end of July. If I can be bothered.

jamesobxfan2296

I don't have a car yet, but I will be 16 next year and joining the world of driving. I really like the Ford F-250. Does anyone think it would be a good first truck? I'm a huge fan of Ford trucks

DSCF5053.jpg

She-Loves-Him

I don't have my own car, nor do I have any desire to. I don't really even have a dream car, although I am an Audi fan. Meh. I'm also kind of a pickup fan but I feel like I'm too small to be driving one.

For now I drive my parents' grey 2006 Pontiac G6 or navy 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Town & Country when I'm at home.

pasalaska

I don't have a car yet, but I will be 16 next year and joining the world of driving. I really like the Ford F-250. Does anyone think it would be a good first truck? I'm a huge fan of Ford trucks

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/lbienvenue/Ford%20F250/DSCF5053.jpg

:mellow:

I just don't understand the appeal of big american chrome-covered monstrosities.

I wanted a small 4-seater hatch-back to learn in (which I did), and I currently drive one now. It's zippy, easy to park and is super good on fuel. I don't think anyone who hasn't got at least 3 years of driving experience should be allowed to drive anything near that big...

and that's not even taking into consideration the pollution things like that cause.

• Like 1

Rancid punk:LTD

If you catch someone in the act of keying your car can you make them pay for it?

jamesobxfan2296

Does anyone think I should start saving for a car even though I'm only 15? I really want to buy and Ford f-150 (I wanted an F-250 but it would be too expensive on gas.)

Would the F-150 below be a good choice as my first car?

003_0003.jpg

pasalaska

I would say no. Get something small, easy to manoeuvre, very fuel efficient. If you're young, insurance costs ridiculous amounts, so the last thing you want is high fuel prices on top of that. Plus, smaller cars are generally kinder to the environment.

When you're learning, it's important that you feel in control of your car, rather than the car be in control of you. Big cars feel like tanks to me, I find I stress about going over the lines when I'm driving our SUV, because I'm used to driving a hatch-back.

Velocity

So I did the math yesterday, and my car only gets 20 miles per gallon combined city and highway. That would be kind of understandable if it were an SUV, but it's this little 4-cylinder 150 HP compact sedan :mad: I've been driving a lot this past week and I've spent close to $100 on gas. Not cool.

Velocity

I have a feeling my transmission might be going bad.

I was barely going 35 MPH and yet the car was revving up to 4000 RPMs. It shouldn't hit that high unless I'm going like a hundred MPH. I was afraid to go any faster, or else I thought I might stall out. But I was doing a little googling and there might also be a problem with the ECU computer...and I'd much rather it be that than my transmission, because if my transmission is shot I might as well buy a new car. Which i don't have money for.

pasalaska

4000rpm at 35 mph does not sound right at all. I usually sit at about 2000 going at that speed. No wonder you're burning up so much fuel =/

Is it an old car?

Velocity

4000rpm at 35 mph does not sound right at all. I usually sit at about 2000 going at that speed. No wonder you're burning up so much fuel =/

Is it an old car?

It's a 2000 and I've got about 125k miles on it, so yeah, it's getting pretty old. And the last few months I've put so much money into fixing it up. So I need this new problem like a hole in the head :lol:

pasalaska

It's a 2000 and I've got about 125k miles on it, so yeah, it's getting pretty old. And the last few months I've put so much money into fixing it up. So I need this new problem like a hole in the head :lol:

ouch, that's not good at all, especially as you've already put work into it.

sounds like it's ready to retire, unfortunately :(

Velocity

ouch, that's not good at all, especially as you've already put work into it.

sounds like it's ready to retire, unfortunately :(

I know, there's a good possibility I'll have to get a new [used] car =/ I've been looking at the Mazda 3, and I really like it!

But I'm not going to jump to that conclusion just yet, I'm gonna take it to the mechanic and see what the diagnosis is. Best case scenario, I'll be able to use it for a couple more years.

Just Kate

that's our brand new car, Audi A3. a nice sports car :D

306470_231652730219385_100001239804586_732594_6904166_n.jpg

jamesobxfan2296

I got my permit on my birthday last month. I'd love to have one of these beautiful trucks :wub: :

$%28KGrHqR,!qsE88gcIQI2BPTBVCFqbw~~_4.JPG

It's a Ford F-250 King Ranch. Now if only they didn't cost over $60,000. :lol:

• Like 1

Hayley

I have a 1990 Toyota Corolla and it is a piece of shit :P It looks like this 2612920_1.jpg

But I only paid $350 for it and it came with an amazing sound system that is worth more than the car itself so I can't really complain. Not to mention it only has 139,000 km on it, how crazy is that!

Penguin Puffball

I'm getting my licence on the 28th. Then I get my mom's gold Ford Escape. Roomy, runs nicely. I win.

Juliette

Ugh I want a car. Not that I actually need one seeing as driving in the city is completely pointless but it'd be fun heh.

Undómiel

Urgh hate when people drive too fast...

Just expanding this topic to be driving in general too, as well as simply talking about cars. :)

*dry_ice*

I hate driving, and here fuel costs very much!!

I drive a car like this:

04_rossosfrontato_220.jpg

is so cutee and I love it!!

Undómiel

Fuel is £1.35 a litre here...

So...

1.68 euros.

*dry_ice*

here almost 1.70/1.80€...

is too much...when I learned how to drive, something like 4 years ago, was around 1.10€...

Undómiel

It's insanity.

Moriarty

I just had to fork out for my insurance. I feel like I've been violated. Even though mine isn't too bad for my age etc, I'm trying to save money to visit America for a few weeks in the summer!

And I drive a blue Renault Clio (2005), don't have a picture and can't get a good one at the moment cause of how the dicky neighbours park but it's basically this:

05_clio_001.jpg

Oh and don't even get me started on fuel. I sound so old but it was only around 75p a litre when I started driving.

Edited by Moriarty

Ste.A

Moriarty, how much was your insurance for your Clio?