Cars and Driving

pasalaska

Do you call the hood a bonnet as well?

of course.

hood is just WEIRD.

lizziebix

of course.

hood is just WEIRD.

Sounds like you're going to have to learn a whole new "car language" when you move to Canada!! :D

Jaymee!!

But but but

THIS is a bonnet

quaker_bonnet.jpg

• Like 1

pasalaska

Sounds like you're going to have to learn a whole new "car language" when you move to Canada!! :D

as long as I learn to remove 'thongs' (flip-flops) from my vocabulary then I'm happy.

and this is a hood

former-student-hood-navy-front.jpg

Khaleesi.

I drive a red 2005 Ford Explorer, named Pepper.

Ford_Explorer.236154918_std.jpg

$$$$ in gas, but I love her.

And my mom drives a 2005(?) Chevrolet Cavalier, named Bisha. :)

4187971.jpg

Jaymee!!

Carling I swear every time you pick me up I'm always looking for a blue explorer. My mind just can't hold onto the info that it's red :lol:

Guest ☼

I'm having to sell the tires and rims that I bought for my Bug. They would have looked awesome on my bug too...

3n23m23la5W45S05R5b5gbed646c0552b1560.jpg

Boston

Dropped nearly $900 this month on my car. Good God.

Niecy is a testy girl. How will she ever make it on a drive up north? :(

ethanzh

I'm 11 so, yeah. I want a Shelby Ford Mustang GT 500

pasalaska

sometimes I contemplate putting an awesome stereo system in my car.

and then I see this:

3DA05CAE980C4A089C7E82A594000FE0.jpg

(I could own this. I love browsing ebay.)

and I decide that I'm never going down the path of car stereo modifications...

Guest ☼

Dropped nearly $900 this month on my car. Good God.

Niecy is a testy girl. How will she ever make it on a drive up north? :(

My car is sucking money left and right. I now have to buy a new freaking battery because it decided to stop working. What the actual hell? :cry:

pasalaska

this is exactly the same as my car:

11627590.jpg

so sleek, I love it to bits :wub:

Velocity

Spent just over $1000 on my car the other day :(

I needed new struts, a new front axle, needed the brake line repaired, and about 5 other things done.

But the car definitely feels better to drive now...so I guess it's worth it. Before, I'd be going about 70 MPH and I always felt like the car could go out of control if I went any faster, but the steering feels tighter now and the handling is much better.

And today I gave my car a good wash and cleaning inside and out and touched up a few dings. My car feels like new again even though it's 11 years old :happy:

pasalaska

Spent just over $1000 on my car the other day :(

I needed new struts, a new front axle, needed the brake line repaired, and about 5 other things done.

But the car definitely feels better to drive now...so I guess it's worth it. Before, I'd be going about 70 MPH and I always felt like the car could go out of control if I went any faster, but the steering feels tighter now and the handling is much better.

And today I gave my car a good wash and cleaning inside and out and touched up a few dings. My car feels like new again even though it's 11 years old :happy:

sounds like that $1000 was well spent if it helps you mainin control of your car :o

and I love that feeling of having a nice shiny, freshly cleaned car. I hate vacuuming the floor mats and whatnot but it just looks a million times better

Velocity

sounds like that $1000 was well spent if it helps you mainin control of your car :o

and I love that feeling of having a nice shiny, freshly cleaned car. I hate vacuuming the floor mats and whatnot but it just looks a million times better

True, but I looked at the bill and I was like "...holy shit" :lol:

It was kind of scary before though, I have to drive on major highways pretty regularly and I was at the point where I'd be afraid to go too fast because I was afraid my car would go apeshit on me. But yeah, getting it fixed was worth it.

And I know, I'd forgotten how nice it is for my car to have that nice, clean feeling. I've had the car over a year and I hadn't washed it at all and it was getting embarrassingly dirty in there. Oops.

pasalaska

So my car is supposed to be getting 20-26 miles per gallon. That's cool. Kinda low for a car its size, but I get that it's a little heavier and designed more for durability than epic gas mileage.

...it's getting 30-32 miles per gallon on highways, 27 in city driving.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storage/4/1475118/borat-very-nice.jpg

Out of curiosity, who else here runs countermeasures? I know you know what I mean. :ninja:

mine runs about 55mpg, and I always try and drive it so that it stays on its combined fuel average score - I watch the little fuel consumption meter more than I watch my speed sometimes :lol:

and 'countermeasures' made a wooshing noise as it went right over my head :ermm:

pasalaska

http://www.valentineone.com/

I think things like that are illegal in most of Australia, though. I know most of Canada will charge you with a misdemeanor if you're in possession of one, even if it's in the original packaging.

speed-detecting radar sensors?

I dunno if they're illegal here but you do see them on cars. I don't have one, don't really see the point to be honest.

Penguin Puffball

Right now I'm using my mom's Ford Explorer. But my goal in life is to get a bright green Mustang convertible.

Velocity

So I woke up this morning to find that my shiny, clean car got shat on all over by some stupid fucking birds. fffuuuuuu

pasalaska

I put a tiny scratch in one of my alloys today.

SO CUT :cry:

lizziebix

Hubby wouldn't drive his car yesterday because it was raining. GOD FORBID his precious Mustang Bullitt gets wet. :lol:

Mary711

mine runs about 55mpg, and I always try and drive it so that it stays on its combined fuel average score - I watch the little fuel consumption meter more than I watch my speed sometimes :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm doing the same :lol:

Angelica.
Radioactive1

My car needs a service.

I'm putting it off cos I know its gonna be expensive :(

Juliette

Not exactly to do with cars I suppose, but I booked my theory test and over the next month I'm just gonna try & do solid practising & pass my test. SO sick of not being able to drive legally.