ganis

Ice hockey

ganis

According to me icehockey is an awesome sport, maybe even the awesomest!

So I think that this sport deserves a thread!

Discuss away about anything hockey related.. :D

lastnightonGDA

Canadaaa :runaround:

• Like 4

ganis

haha.. I was so close to dedecating this thread to all Canadians, but then I decided that I didn't have to, icehockey is like a synonym to Canada :D

• Like 1

Margo 39 smooth

WASHINGTON CAPITALS!!!! :runaround: ha I'm watching a playoff game right now :)

I used to play hockey, but i quit cause soccer was more important to me and i didn't like being in a guys league. I still play from time to time though

Graysen

haha.. I was so close to dedecating this thread to all Canadians, but then I decided that I didn't have to, icehockey is like a synonym to Canada :D

You bet it is. :thumbsup:

So disappointed yet unsurprised that the Toronto Maple Leafs were kicked out of the playoffs. Oh, Toronto, will we ever see the day? :rolleyes:

BOOO HABS.

Four.

BOOO HABS.

:mad:

Habbs = :wub:

Aaand they just won two games against Boston. In Boston.

I hope a miracle is happening. :runaround:

Also, why is this thread named icehockey in one word?

maz17

I love Canadians and anything stereotypically Canadian so that includes ice hockey

In the UK, or at least where I am nobody cares at all about ice hockey. I support the Ottawa senators according to my friend because that's where she is from, and she brought me a jersey back from Canada so I guess that's enough for me right now

And I saw the winter Olympics ice hockey but that's about it

I did go to one of the minor league games in London a few weeks ago which was pretty awesome because I had never been to a match, but it was the kind of one where there were only family and friends of the players there so it wasn't hugely exciting

I'm really hoping I can go and see a proper ice hockey match sometime

• Like 1

Monica.

Yes! There's finally a thread for Ice Hockey, it's an interesting and intense sport! Some of the fights are insane yet awesome. :runaround: I enjoy watching but not sure about actually playing it lol I suck at floor hockey and I don't know how to ice skate....so.... :whistle

I love how whenever Ice Hockey comes up...I think of Canada and how they are total beasts at Ice Hockey. :lol:

ganis

:mad:

Also, why is this thread named icehockey in one word?

woops, typo, my bad.. maybe a mod could fix it or something.

CaesarSalad

woops, typo, my bad.. maybe a mod could fix it or something.

taken care of :thumbsup:

winnipeg is trying so very hard to get their nhl team back. i'm not 100% on the details but it's looking like a bit more than a possibility now.

but, the only hockey i really enjoy watching are the world juniors (y'know, before those hot young men get too many teeth knocked out). or the olympics, because national pride is a funny thing.

ifmemoryserves

I used to watch hockey all the time with my dad. It's an interesting sport, to say the least. Haven't watched it in forever though. Go Bruins! (I actually have no idea how they're doing but whatever)

Four.

Go Bruins! (I actually have no idea how they're doing but whatever)

They're losing their playoff 2-0 against the Habs. *smug*

Boston

The hockey playoffs can suck a fuck as long as basketball is going on.

But it would be cool if the Bruins won. It'll never happen, but it'd be sweet.

Jaymee!!

Hockey is one of my jobs. Yet I never got into hockey.

Does anyone else find this strange? Because I never understood it.

Every season, I keep saying that I'm going to start paying attention to it and get into it...but I never do :lol: The most I care is whether or not the Sens win or lose, because it'll determine how the tips will be next game xD

ifmemoryserves

They're losing their playoff 2-0 against the Habs. *smug*

The Habs...?

Khaleesi.

The Habs...?

Montreal Canadians. :P

ifmemoryserves

Montreal Canadians. :P

I have never heard them called that in my life.

Whatsername1911

OMGGGGGG hockeyyyyyy :banana:

I've played ever since I was 7 :wub: And I'm playing for the women's team at Michigan State University next year :)

and I'm not sure if you guys know this, but the Red Wings can kick anybody's ass. K? K.

• Like 1

rage-love-life

Love this sport.

Khaleesi.

I have never heard them called that in my life.

Must be a Canadian thing, haha.

Jaymee!!

Must be a Canadian thing, haha.

It's short for 'les habitants', which was the nickname given to the first settlers in New France, so it's only fitting that they got the nickname because they were the first (and only) French Canadian hockey team.

But they were given the nickname because of the H in their logo; someone said that it stood for les habitants (Habs). But the CH logo actually stands for Club de Hockey Canadien.

I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT HOCKEY :o Plus chanting GO CANADIENS GO! sounds silly in comparison to GO HABS GO! Whenever Pittsburgh plays I always get confused about which fans are chanting, because Sens and Pens sound so similar xD

Khaleesi.

It's short for 'les habitants', which was the nickname given to the first settlers in New France, so it's only fitting that they got the nickname because they were the first (and only) French Canadian hockey team.

But they were given the nickname because of the H in their logo; someone said that it stood for les habitants (Habs). But the CH logo actually stands for Club de Hockey Canadien.

I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT HOCKEY :o

I JUST STICK WITH THE SOUP.

ludwiig

Since I am Finnish I think it's kind of obvious that I absolutely love ice hockey :thumbsup:

I've never played in a team or anything but me and my family have always been interested. And my brother has two silver medals from the Finnish Championships (Sorry, I always have to brag about that :whistle: )

I cant wait til the world championships, my favorite time of the year :wub:

Go Finland! :lol:

lizziebix

My prediction: The Hawks will lose to the Canucks. So much for last year's 1st place team being any good. :(

koolkev

Ohmygod the San Jose sharks 4-0 comeback! :woot:

won 6-5 in overtime :woot: