Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Billie Joe Armstrong Equipment

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,004 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,262 rep
Tre fucks sometimes. Sometimes he starts playing the wrong song. I've seen it live. Just because we listen to their music obsessively doesn't mean they do, too. That would be kind of egotistical of them. They NEED to rehearse deep cuts like "Brat" and "At The Library."

I have to say, most of Green Day's song are pretty similar on drums. Tre can probably catch himself if he starts the wrong song.

Besides, this isn't about Tre. Is Billie really that dramatic to smash his own guitar because someone else fucks up? 

bjafan129

bjafan129
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2012
  • 65 rep
He left it at a technician's house? Where do you come up with this crap? Did the tour bus pull up to this guy's house and they all waited for him? Dude- I'm sure GREEN DAY travels with a  soldering iron on tour. You can buy Duncan JBs at most guitar shops, too.

P.S. I'm trying to see if Andres will let me share photos and a story on how I obtained the neck off of Billie's original Blue copy, but he's ignoring my messages!  :mad:

Dude, put the pieces together. He did the same thing on the nimrod tour when he had the other fake blue. Dont fight me when Im telling you how it goes.

Edit. Here's the video 

I know there is another video with the angle straight on and billie just staires at tre

Edited by bjafan129, 26 December 2012 - 09:28 PM.

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 102 rep
Dude, put the pieces together. He did the same thing on the nimrod tour when he had the other fake blue. Dont fight me when Im telling you how it goes.

Edit. Here's the video 

I know there is another video with the angle straight on and billie just staires at tre

Billie has never had blue replicas, he has always used the original blue, However he did have the 2 fender Strats (same Color as blue) Tuned to E for nimrod songs. And the other Fernandez From the Brasil leg of the 21st cent tour, and then there was frankinstein (a natural wood color custom strat)

Jimmy Strummer

Jimmy Strummer
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2009
  • 181 rep

You're missing a few amps and guitars from the list, the stuff he used on the trilogy. They went into some detail about them in the November issue of Guitar World (http://www.greendaya...rticles/172/11/)

- Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod

- 1959 Gibson Les Paul

- 1965 Gretsch Double Anniversary

nicknamed Baby Girl

- Various Danelectro guitars

used for stuff like "Sweet 16" to get "a more chimey vibe," according to BJ.

- Custom-built amp

main amp used for rhythm tracks; quote from the trilogy's guitar tech Andrew Hans Buscher: "It's our take on a Marshall JTM45 and Vox AC30. We base our design on one of the Mojotone kits and then swap everything out and do our own version."

- Handwired Vox AC30 half-stack (most likely the AC30HH)

- "Texas Marshall"

all that anyone really knows about this amp is it's a Marshall from the 70s; the band and crew know the reason behind the name, but they didn't explain it at all.

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 809 rep

anyone know what guages strings Billie uses?

bednash7

bednash7
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2013
  • 0 rep

does anyone know what amp billie uses during 1039 era? the best time you can see his amp is from the high school show back in 1990. ive done alot of research and cant find anyhthing except a few ppl saying he used a bassman head but i find that to be incorrect. so far from my observation ive concluded that mike is using an acoustic 6x10 cab and the head seemed weird at first but its not a fender bassman which can easily throw ppl off. if you look at it it doesnt have a fender slant logo, its got a straight logo and fromn pausing video i found out it looks like a yamaha logo and i found out that he was using a yamaha g100 series head which is a guitar amp head. but anyways im trying to find out billies amp cuz it looks weird...kinda small like a basshead with the knobs that the top of the head...deff has a channel for distortion and if you watch the video from pinole high school while they play the song 16 youcan see him playin around with his amp during the solo but sounds like hes messing with built in chorus?.i love the early nasally guitar sound he had and thats whyim out to figure what the hell that amp is

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep
Billie has never had blue replicas, he has always used the original blue, However he did have the 2 fender Strats (same Color as blue) Tuned to E for nimrod songs. And the other Fernandez From the Brasil leg of the 21st cent tour, and then there was frankinstein (a natural wood color custom strat)

You're right about the other guitars, but he definitely has multiple Blue replicas. I don't think he's used the original blue live for some time. 

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 932 rep

Billie Joe amp settings

Newer
Drive - 6
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - ? (maybe 3)

Older
Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - 3

• AwfulHomesick likes this

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 932 rep
does anyone know what amp billie uses during 1039 era? the best time you can see his amp is from the high school show back in 1990. ive done alot of research and cant find anyhthing except a few ppl saying he used a bassman head but i find that to be incorrect. so far from my observation ive concluded that mike is using an acoustic 6x10 cab and the head seemed weird at first but its not a fender bassman which can easily throw ppl off. if you look at it it doesnt have a fender slant logo, its got a straight logo and fromn pausing video i found out it looks like a yamaha logo and i found out that he was using a yamaha g100 series head which is a guitar amp head. but anyways im trying to find out billies amp cuz it looks weird...kinda small like a basshead with the knobs that the top of the head...deff has a channel for distortion and if you watch the video from pinole high school while they play the song 16 youcan see him playin around with his amp during the solo but sounds like hes messing with built in chorus?.i love the early nasally guitar sound he had and thats whyim out to figure what the hell that amp is

qgkxui75qwcy.jpg

Maybe this? 

billiejoephil

billiejoephil
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2011
  • 193 rep
Billie Joe amp settings
Newer
Drive - 6
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - ? (maybe 3)

Older
Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - 3

Source?

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 932 rep
Source?

http://justinguitarc...hp?topic=9017.0

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 503 rep
Let me get this straight, today, there is only ONE Blue. There used to be a copy when Green Day was recording Nimrod but he smashed it. Billie Joe said it in an interview with a french magazine.

billiejoephil

billiejoephil
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2011
  • 193 rep

http://justinguitarc...hp?topic=9017.0

Not very reliable, don't you think?

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 932 rep
Not very reliable, don't you think?

Yes, i think so

billiejoephil

billiejoephil
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2011
  • 193 rep

Yes, i think so

Because a random dude posted it without any further specification? I doubt it.
I'm gonna try out these amp settings when I have the time though, maybe you are right after all.

Advertising

bednash7

bednash7
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2013
  • 0 rep

any ideas onthe amp billie used during 1039 era????? if you watch the video knowledge from pinole high school and pause at 1:07 you can see it butive been trying to figure it out....also watch green days easter show at rajis and pause at 17:23 hes facing it

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 8,866 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,165 rep

Around the Nimrod era Billie did start using a replica of Blue that he did end of smashing because he hated it. He got the original repaired and started using that from then on, the only exception is during the 2010 South American tour. In this time Blue was getting some kind of repairs (I don't think we ever found out what) so he started using a "replica" that was a very darker blue and completely different stickers, he had a name for it but its slipped my mind. In the video that bjafan129 posted, he smashed the guitar because he was getting into playing Geek Stink Breath and a string broke then. Since that tour finished he has gone back to using the original.

As for his guitar Frankenstein, we have never seen that as fair as we are all aware.

Jimmy

Jimmy
  • Future Daydream

• 3,418 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2007
  • 722 rep
Around the Nimrod era Billie did start using a replica of Blue that he did end of smashing because he hated it. He got the original repaired and started using that from then on, the only exception is during the 2010 South American tour. In this time Blue was getting some kind of repairs (I don't think we ever found out what) so he started using a "replica" that was a very darker blue and completely different stickers, he had a name for it but its slipped my mind. In the video that bjafan129 posted, he smashed the guitar because he was getting into playing Geek Stink Breath and a string broke then. Since that tour finished he has gone back to using the original.

As for his guitar Frankenstein, we have never seen that as fair as we are all aware.

Blue was getting refretted and it's name was azul
  • Webb_2011 likes this

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 8,866 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,165 rep

And Jimmy to the rescue!

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 932 rep

Here's some pics of his guitars

Frankestein Guitar(maybe it's guitar, which Billie smashed in 1997-9)

fendercustom.gif

Red Strat

Taken from canal+ 1997

p1ldjozd7lsp.png

bednash7

bednash7
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2013
  • 0 rep

i have proven the people wrong who said billy uses a fender bassman head during the 1039 era and uberproaudiogear site says he used a ds-2 and micro amp but thats false as well. billie used no pedals just the gain from his amp. the amp ivebeen trying to figure is finally solved...hes playing thru a 70s acoustic 360 bass amp head and those amps have built in gain "acoustic company calls it GROWL".the head he had looked like the front paneling was ripped off

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• 5,515 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 809 rep
i have proven the people wrong who said billy uses a fender bassman head during the 1039 era and uberproaudiogear site says he used a ds-2 and micro amp but thats false as well. billie used no pedals just the gain from his amp. the amp ivebeen trying to figure is finally solved...hes playing thru a 70s acoustic 360 bass amp head and those amps have built in gain "acoustic company calls it GROWL".the head he had looked like the front paneling was ripped off

What pedal has he used in old 93-94 videos ive seen a pedal by him

bednash7

bednash7
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2013
  • 0 rep

i think i know what your talking about...i remember one show in japan where the last song was good riddance n hewas by himself playing blue and he stepped on a pedal  but thats no more than a footswitch for his amp channel but after awhile it seems that billie doesnt control it anymore prolly his techs but i was clearing up the whole pedal sound of 1039 era cuz even when you watch them back then its his guitar blue with no pedals...just a cable into an amp but pedals are included in his rig today

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 102 rep

Every one read my post above for blue info,

Yes, there have been NO replicas of blue AT ALL, just other blue coloured guitars that billie has used for nimrod songs and in Brazil while blue was getting an unknown repair done

Here's some pics of his guitars

Frankestein Guitar(maybe it's guitar, which Billie smashed in 1997-9)

http://www.greenday.se/wp-content/upload...

Red Strat

Taken from canal+ 1997

http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-01/11...

The First guitar is one of 2 guitars billie used for nimrod songs, the second guitar is Frankinstein

trust me, I have taken alot of time to research this, Years

bjafan129

bjafan129
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2012
  • 65 rep

He also got a new seymour duncan humbucker pickup 

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• 5,515 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 809 rep
I thought there were no pics of frankensteins out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users