Billie Joe Armstrong Equipment

deleteduser6293

7 hours ago, LPbilliejr said:

When it's all done and finished please post up the process, how it went, and a good video of the sound.

You'll have a great time, it's a crazy environment a live show with the band.

I definitely will.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note, Hans finally posted the Gibson Les Paul junior Cherry Red Doublecut is a 1959 named "Chico", I still have the RS mag issue where Billie is wielding it, even though oddly enough It has almost always been used by Jason White and is in his guitar boat.

Anyone noticed the different amp setup at the EMA? Seems different compared to the setup they mainly used for the first leg of the RR tour.

I picked up a blues driver yesterday. I like to think it's because I tried it out and it sounded rad with my VOXAC30 but deep down I think we all know it's because Billie has one :lol:

19 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

Anyone noticed the different amp setup at the EMA? Seems different compared to the setup they mainly used for the first leg of the RR tour.

That's just a backdrop if you want to call it that. All of those cabs are duds except one for Billie's stage/feedback cab.

Always rare to see Billie break a string live. Last time I saw this was in 2009 on Blue.

21mrz85.jpg

23 hours ago, Josh100_3 said:

I picked up a blues driver yesterday. I like to think it's because I tried it out and it sounded rad with my VOXAC30 but deep down I think we all know it's because Billie has one :lol:

Lol legit my only pedal #sorrynotsorry

31 minutes ago, bjafan129 said:

Always rare to see Billie break a string live. Last time I saw this was in 2009 on Blue.

pic is from where exactly???

8 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

pic is from where exactly???

The Palladium

13 hours ago, bjafan129 said:

21mrz85.jpg

If you saw the 2013 reading performance, he broke a string on his Les Paul Custom during waiting and threw the damn thing into the wall  of the pit:lol:

On 8/26/2014 at 9:01 PM, 96Tomato said:

Can anybody tell me what pickups he uses in his sunburst strat. From the Basket Case Bullet In A Bible video it's got a black humbucker with two single coils.

Ik this question is 2 yrs old, but it's a jb.

5 hours ago, stuckwithme409 said:

If you saw the 2013 reading performance, he broke a string on his Les Paul Custom during waiting and threw the damn thing into the wall  of the pit:lol:

He actually didn't break a string, the low E string wasn't staying in tune and you can see him messing with the tuners. 

33 minutes ago, bjafan129 said:

He actually didn't break a string, the low E string wasn't staying in tune and you can see him messing with the tuners. 

Looked like it broke lol. Silly guitars

On 11/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, LPbilliejr said:

The blues driver and tuner(maybe a channel switcher) is all you need!

On 11/8/2016 at 4:41 PM, LPbilliejr said:

Note, Hans finally posted the Gibson Les Paul junior Cherry Red Doublecut is a 1959 named "Chico", I still have the RS mag issue where Billie is wielding it, even though oddly enough It has almost always been used by Jason White and is in his guitar boat.

Billie played it on the AI tour

2 hours ago, stuckwithme409 said:

The blues driver and tuner(maybe a channel switcher) is all you need!

Billie played it on the AI tour

Any pics to confirm this? the only red les paul from AI was a special (singlecut) that was sold to somebody who made a video about it on Youtube, lol he was trying to convince people it was used to record the album xD

13 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

Any pics to confirm this? the only red les paul from AI was a special (singlecut) that was sold to somebody who made a video about it on Youtube, lol he was trying to convince people it was used to record the album xD

Ummm. I saw him play basket case i think. Withern Theatre. I can't find pictures though.

2 hours ago, LPbilliejr said:

1 hour ago, stuckwithme409 said:

Ummm. I saw him play basket case i think. Withern Theatre. I can't find pictures though.

Blurry pic is blurry. Taken from this video on YouTube. 

fji9mq.png 

10 minutes ago, bjafan129 said:

Blurry pic is blurry. Taken from this video on YouTube. 

Oh CHICO! tuned to eb too, I can't take the beauty xD. and honestly I think the cherry DC juniors are the worst of all the colors from the 50s juniors, but the one's that have stayed a brighter cherry red over the years are starting to win me over

On 9 November 2016 at 1:11 AM, Josh100_3 said:

Anything will sound good through an AC30 man, what an amp

On 11/16/2016 at 1:52 PM, LPbilliejr said:

Oh CHICO! tuned to eb too, I can't take the beauty xD. and honestly I think the cherry DC juniors are the worst of all the colors from the 50s juniors, but the one's that have stayed a brighter cherry red over the years are starting to win me over

Single Cuts are better!

3 hours ago, stuckwithme409 said:

Single Cuts are better!

gibson-lespaul-56-jnr.jpg59_lptv-jr_3.jpg

IT'S so difficult! I love my burst singlecut but my tv DC junior is my favorite!

.....or lol a mix! 80s DC Junior

w89_LPSpecialJunior-032.jpg

Nice! I'm plagued with epi's and squires... although i did just pick up a 89' mik squire strat!

Everyone frequenting this thread should totally check out Billie's latest magazine interview with Guitar Player if you haven't already. It gave a really good run down of what he's been using lately, what he recorded with and lots of good stuff. Admittedly, reading that was probably the first time I've really read/heard Billie talk "tech" - Normally I read about Mike's setups way more but don't bother with anyone else. But it was very informative. :happy:

6 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

Everyone frequenting this thread should totally check out Billie's latest magazine interview with Guitar Player if you haven't already. It gave a really good run down of what he's been using lately, what he recorded with and lots of good stuff. Admittedly, reading that was probably the first time I've really read/heard Billie talk "tech" - Normally I read about Mike's setups way more but don't bother with anyone else. But it was very informative. :happy:

Sadly I can't find the article online:mad:

2 hours ago, stuckwithme409 said:

Sadly I can't find the article online:mad:

We have a thread for it with scans! Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was referring to the other thread we have going:

• 9 months later...
On 12/2/2012 at 6:42 PM, WhiteTim said:

When has Billie used a Fender Jazzmaster??

he has one now for the rev rad tour i belive

Archived