Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The most popular topic of January 2016 was a Green Day topic! Find out which topic it was here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FS Official

Billie Joe Armstrong Equipment

65 posts in this topic
i have proven the people wrong who said billy uses a fender bassman head during the 1039 era and uberproaudiogear site says he used a ds-2 and micro amp but thats false as well. billie used no pedals just the gain from his amp. the amp ivebeen trying to figure is finally solved...hes playing thru a 70s acoustic 360 bass amp head and those amps have built in gain "acoustic company calls it GROWL".the head he had looked like the front paneling was ripped off

What pedal has he used in old 93-94 videos ive seen a pedal by him

i think i know what your talking about...i remember one show in japan where the last song was good riddance n hewas by himself playing blue and he stepped on a pedal but thats no more than a footswitch for his amp channel but after awhile it seems that billie doesnt control it anymore prolly his techs but i was clearing up the whole pedal sound of 1039 era cuz even when you watch them back then its his guitar blue with no pedals...just a cable into an amp but pedals are included in his rig today

Every one read my post above for blue info,

Yes, there have been NO replicas of blue AT ALL, just other blue coloured guitars that billie has used for nimrod songs and in Brazil while blue was getting an unknown repair done

Here's some pics of his guitars

Frankestein Guitar(maybe it's guitar, which Billie smashed in 1997-9)

fendercustom.gif

Red Strat

Taken from canal+ 1997

p1ldjozd7lsp.png

The First guitar is one of 2 guitars billie used for nimrod songs, the second guitar is Frankinstein

trust me, I have taken alot of time to research this, Years

Blue was getting refretted and it's name was azul

He also got a new seymour duncan humbucker pickup

I thought there were no pics of frankensteins out...

Can anybody tell me what pickups he uses in his sunburst strat. From the Basket Case Bullet In A Bible video it's got a black humbucker with two single coils.

What mics do they use on the guitar cabs

I know you asked this practically two years ago but i figured I'd answer anyway.

I read somewhere that he uses the Shure SM57 for guitar cabinets. I have his live mic the Shure SM58 and if you take the head off of that it's almost like the SM57.

There's still not photo of Frankenstein yet, maybe the red one is, considering it has different pickups.

You're right about the other guitars, but he definitely has multiple Blue replicas. I don't think he's used the original blue live for some time.

Billie has always used the Real one live, there are no Replicas or 'Blue Replacments'

There's still not photo of Frankenstein yet, maybe the red one is, considering it has different pickups.

THIS is frankenstein p1ldjozd7lsp.png

He had Blue replicas at one point, around the time of nimrod. Fender built them for him.

Billie has always used the Real one live, there are no Replicas or 'Blue Replacments'

THIS is frankenstein p1ldjozd7lsp.png

Are you sure? I don0t see a lot of different parts.

Actually, this is the pink one lol :lol: But Hammie's right - this must be Frankenstein. He also had two very similiar-looking (one of these was confused with Frankenstein) sonic blue Fernandes models built by Bill Schneider, with custom-made Fender-like neck.

Actually, this is the pink one lol :lol: But Hammie's right - this must be Frankenstein. He also had two very similiar-looking (one of these was confused with Frankenstein) sonic blue Fernandes models built by Bill Schneider, with custom-made Fender-like neck.

I thought he never used Frankenstein in public?

I thought he never used Frankenstein in public?

I dunno. But the pink one is Custom Shop Strat.

THIS is frankenstein

I want this guitar !!!!!!!