Billie Joe Armstrong Equipment

deleteduser6293

Before the trip to costa rica the Seymour Duncan pick up was all black. The guitar was left at one of Billie's technicians house while the new pick up was put in. After the south america tour he got Blue back and had it all fixed with the new pick up. Thats why half the new pick up is black and the other half is yellowish.

He left it at a technician's house? Where do you come up with this crap? Did the tour bus pull up to this guy's house and they all waited for him? Dude- I'm sure GREEN DAY travels with a soldering iron on tour. You can buy Duncan JBs at most guitar shops, too.

P.S. I'm trying to see if Andres will let me share photos and a story on how I obtained the neck off of Billie's original Blue copy, but he's ignoring my messages! :mad:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He left it at a technician's house? Where do you come up with this crap? Did the tour bus pull up to this guy's house and they all waited for him? Dude- I'm sure GREEN DAY travels with a soldering iron on tour. You can buy Duncan JBs at most guitar shops, too.

P.S. I'm trying to see if Andres will let me share photos and a story on how I obtained the neck off of Billie's original Blue copy, but he's ignoring my messages! :mad:

Just go right ahead dude. Andres is a busy guy, he rarely gets round to answering PMs, if ever. Make a blog, or start a thread, your choice :)

I thought he smashed it cause tre started drumming to the wrong part thats why in the video Billie is just staring at tre after that. He had the replica when he got the new pickup in it. The black and yellow one

I highly doubt Tre Cool was playing to the wrong parts of songs that he personally tracked. I'm a drummer myself, and I can play every single Green Day track ever officially released. If I can play it, Tre can because he wrote it. Drummers aren't as dumb as we look.

Also, Billie'd have to be a dick to smash his guitar if Tre was playing the wrong parts. Trust me, most of the time, when a drummer messes up, it's the guitarist or bassists' fault.

Billie just smashes guitars. It's what rock musicians do.

I highly doubt Tre Cool was playing to the wrong parts of songs that he personally tracked. I'm a drummer myself, and I can play every single Green Day track ever officially released. If I can play it, Tre can because he wrote it. Drummers aren't as dumb as we look.

Also, Billie'd have to be a dick to smash his guitar if Tre was playing the wrong parts. Trust me, most of the time, when a drummer messes up, it's the guitarist or bassists' fault.

Billie just smashes guitars. It's what rock musicians do.

Tre fucks sometimes. Sometimes he starts playing the wrong song. I've seen it live. Just because we listen to their music obsessively doesn't mean they do, too. That would be kind of egotistical of them. They NEED to rehearse deep cuts like "Brat" and "At The Library."

Tre fucks sometimes. Sometimes he starts playing the wrong song. I've seen it live. Just because we listen to their music obsessively doesn't mean they do, too. That would be kind of egotistical of them. They NEED to rehearse deep cuts like "Brat" and "At The Library."

I have to say, most of Green Day's song are pretty similar on drums. Tre can probably catch himself if he starts the wrong song.

Besides, this isn't about Tre. Is Billie really that dramatic to smash his own guitar because someone else fucks up?

Dude, put the pieces together. He did the same thing on the nimrod tour when he had the other fake blue. Dont fight me when Im telling you how it goes.

Edit. Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ML6kerpR8

I know there is another video with the angle straight on and billie just staires at tre

Dude, put the pieces together. He did the same thing on the nimrod tour when he had the other fake blue. Dont fight me when Im telling you how it goes.

Edit. Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ML6kerpR8

I know there is another video with the angle straight on and billie just staires at tre

Billie has never had blue replicas, he has always used the original blue, However he did have the 2 fender Strats (same Color as blue) Tuned to E for nimrod songs. And the other Fernandez From the Brasil leg of the 21st cent tour, and then there was frankinstein (a natural wood color custom strat)

You're missing a few amps and guitars from the list, the stuff he used on the trilogy. They went into some detail about them in the November issue of Guitar World (http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/172/11/)

- Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod

- 1959 Gibson Les Paul

- 1965 Gretsch Double Anniversary

nicknamed Baby Girl

- Various Danelectro guitars

used for stuff like "Sweet 16" to get "a more chimey vibe," according to BJ.

- Custom-built amp

main amp used for rhythm tracks; quote from the trilogy's guitar tech Andrew Hans Buscher: "It's our take on a Marshall JTM45 and Vox AC30. We base our design on one of the Mojotone kits and then swap everything out and do our own version."

- Handwired Vox AC30 half-stack (most likely the AC30HH)

- "Texas Marshall"

all that anyone really knows about this amp is it's a Marshall from the 70s; the band and crew know the reason behind the name, but they didn't explain it at all.

does anyone know what amp billie uses during 1039 era? the best time you can see his amp is from the high school show back in 1990. ive done alot of research and cant find anyhthing except a few ppl saying he used a bassman head but i find that to be incorrect. so far from my observation ive concluded that mike is using an acoustic 6x10 cab and the head seemed weird at first but its not a fender bassman which can easily throw ppl off. if you look at it it doesnt have a fender slant logo, its got a straight logo and fromn pausing video i found out it looks like a yamaha logo and i found out that he was using a yamaha g100 series head which is a guitar amp head. but anyways im trying to find out billies amp cuz it looks weird...kinda small like a basshead with the knobs that the top of the head...deff has a channel for distortion and if you watch the video from pinole high school while they play the song 16 youcan see him playin around with his amp during the solo but sounds like hes messing with built in chorus?.i love the early nasally guitar sound he had and thats whyim out to figure what the hell that amp is

Billie has never had blue replicas, he has always used the original blue, However he did have the 2 fender Strats (same Color as blue) Tuned to E for nimrod songs. And the other Fernandez From the Brasil leg of the 21st cent tour, and then there was frankinstein (a natural wood color custom strat)

You're right about the other guitars, but he definitely has multiple Blue replicas. I don't think he's used the original blue live for some time.

Billie Joe amp settings

Newer
Drive - 6
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - ? (maybe 3)

Older
Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - 3

does anyone know what amp billie uses during 1039 era? the best time you can see his amp is from the high school show back in 1990. ive done alot of research and cant find anyhthing except a few ppl saying he used a bassman head but i find that to be incorrect. so far from my observation ive concluded that mike is using an acoustic 6x10 cab and the head seemed weird at first but its not a fender bassman which can easily throw ppl off. if you look at it it doesnt have a fender slant logo, its got a straight logo and fromn pausing video i found out it looks like a yamaha logo and i found out that he was using a yamaha g100 series head which is a guitar amp head. but anyways im trying to find out billies amp cuz it looks weird...kinda small like a basshead with the knobs that the top of the head...deff has a channel for distortion and if you watch the video from pinole high school while they play the song 16 youcan see him playin around with his amp during the solo but sounds like hes messing with built in chorus?.i love the early nasally guitar sound he had and thats whyim out to figure what the hell that amp is

qgkxui75qwcy.jpg

Maybe this?

Billie Joe amp settings

Newer

Drive - 6

Treble - 10

Mid - 8

Bass - 5

Reverb - ? (maybe 3)

Older

Gain - 9

Treble - 10

Mid - 8

Bass - 5

Reverb - 3

Source?

Let me get this straight, today, there is only ONE Blue. There used to be a copy when Green Day was recording Nimrod but he smashed it. Billie Joe said it in an interview with a french magazine.

Yes, i think so

Because a random dude posted it without any further specification? I doubt it.

I'm gonna try out these amp settings when I have the time though, maybe you are right after all.

any ideas onthe amp billie used during 1039 era????? if you watch the video knowledge from pinole high school and pause at 1:07 you can see it butive been trying to figure it out....also watch green days easter show at rajis and pause at 17:23 hes facing it

Around the Nimrod era Billie did start using a replica of Blue that he did end of smashing because he hated it. He got the original repaired and started using that from then on, the only exception is during the 2010 South American tour. In this time Blue was getting some kind of repairs (I don't think we ever found out what) so he started using a "replica" that was a very darker blue and completely different stickers, he had a name for it but its slipped my mind. In the video that bjafan129 posted, he smashed the guitar because he was getting into playing Geek Stink Breath and a string broke then. Since that tour finished he has gone back to using the original.

As for his guitar Frankenstein, we have never seen that as fair as we are all aware.

Around the Nimrod era Billie did start using a replica of Blue that he did end of smashing because he hated it. He got the original repaired and started using that from then on, the only exception is during the 2010 South American tour. In this time Blue was getting some kind of repairs (I don't think we ever found out what) so he started using a "replica" that was a very darker blue and completely different stickers, he had a name for it but its slipped my mind. In the video that bjafan129 posted, he smashed the guitar because he was getting into playing Geek Stink Breath and a string broke then. Since that tour finished he has gone back to using the original.

As for his guitar Frankenstein, we have never seen that as fair as we are all aware.

Blue was getting refretted and it's name was azul

Here's some pics of his guitars

Frankestein Guitar(maybe it's guitar, which Billie smashed in 1997-9)

fendercustom.gif

Red Strat

Taken from canal+ 1997

p1ldjozd7lsp.png

• 2 weeks later...

i have proven the people wrong who said billy uses a fender bassman head during the 1039 era and uberproaudiogear site says he used a ds-2 and micro amp but thats false as well. billie used no pedals just the gain from his amp. the amp ivebeen trying to figure is finally solved...hes playing thru a 70s acoustic 360 bass amp head and those amps have built in gain "acoustic company calls it GROWL".the head he had looked like the front paneling was ripped off

Archived