Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Sims

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
1049 replies to this topic

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

Strangetown was the best! Especially with aliens able to abduct you and what not. :happy: So many odd sims that lived there too...

I remember that one. I heard that is a male sim used the telescope to much he could get pregnant with a alien baby :lol: Was that true? Could it happen? :lol:

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,225 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,842 rep

I remember that one. I heard that is a male sim used the telescope to much he could get pregnant with a alien baby :lol: Was that true? Could it happen? :lol:

yeah if a male sim used a telescope there was a chance that aliens would come and abduct him. when he came back we would be pregnant and would give birth to an alien. i had it happen to me once lol

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• 6,311 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

I hope my gf reinstalls Sims 3 so I can play. All this talk is giving me the urge to sim it up :lol:

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,411 rep

yeah if a male sim used a telescope there was a chance that aliens would come and abduct him. when he came back we would be pregnant and would give birth to an alien. i had it happen to me once lol

Yeah the same happened to me when I played with that family with the massive telescope up loads of stairs. Such a strange concept to be in a game :lol:

I got the Sims 2 Double Deluxe in a second hand shop today. It installed fine but it shuts it down before I'e even launched it properly. :( That's the problem with PC games. =/

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,583 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,963 rep

I remember my little sister accidentally deleting Veronaville, and it had been the neighbourhood I'd be playing the most and I had become really attached to my family and urgh, it was awful :lol:

:o That was my favourite for a while too! I didn't know you could delete neighborhoods, that must have been really awful, I'd be so mad hahah

Man, now that I think about it I really miss the Sims 2 neighborhoods. To the people already playing The Sims 4, are the currently available neighborhoods great? 

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,188 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,105 rep

Yes, it was great :lol: there was one family in strangetown that constantly got pregnant when they used to telescope :P

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

Yeah the same happened to me when I played with that family with the massive telescope up loads of stairs. Such a strange concept to be in a game :lol:

Yes, it was great :lol: there was one family in strangetown that constantly got pregnant when they used to telescope :P

OMG it was true. I never got it to happen. But I never played much in that town :lol:

I think in one of the extension packs of TS3 you could get abduct by aliens, I think :P

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,568 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,737 rep
I was telling my sister about the alien thing and she goes 'bec, that happened to one of your sims'

:mellow: I don't remember it at all! She got my hopes up then that the ultimate collection has strange town but it doesn't :cry:

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,188 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,105 rep

I was telling my sister about the alien thing and she goes 'bec, that happened to one of your sims'

:mellow: I don't remember it at all! She got my hopes up then that the ultimate collection has strange town but it doesn't :cry:

They can still get abducted in other towns but they don't get pregnant from it :( But if you use the tombstone of L & D you can make a male sim alien pregnant, not quite the same, but still pretty fun. :P

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,111 rep

Ok sims 4 has really grown on me I have to admit. Gameplay is still a little bland, but sims 3 base game was so much worse. If the expansions are as good as they were in sims 3 I think sims 4 will be spectacular. On another note the absolute worst thing about the game is lack of carryable babies and how teenagers look exactly like adults

I really wish I got to experience Sims 2 :( I did that download code thing through origin but it always crashes as soon as I enter CAS. But at least it's not like I paid for it :lol: 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,680 rep

I'm still downloading the Sims 2 :lol: I entered the code and everything while the offer was still on and I started the download so it's still working. But it's a really big download! And we don't have great internet at home so I just do 10% a month. Should be done sometime around April?

• ifmemoryserves likes this

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

Ok sims 4 has really grown on me I have to admit. Gameplay is still a little bland, but sims 3 base game was so much worse. If the expansions are as good as they were in sims 3 I think sims 4 will be spectacular. On another note the absolute worst thing about the game is lack of carryable babies and how teenagers look exactly like adults

I have realized that too. It's annoying. I saw a cute sim my sim could flirt with but where I couldn't I realized he was just a teen. Teens can only flirt with teens :lol: Before in TS3 you could see if someone was a teen.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,411 rep

I got my game to work. :yay: It crashes a fair bit, but still, there are sims in my life again, all is well :) There's this one sim that came over to my house and kept farting and giggling to herself. I completely forgot they could do that. :o

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,450 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,936 rep

Strangetown was the best! Especially with aliens able to abduct you and what not. :happy: So many odd sims that lived there too...

The Sims 2 PSP was set in Strangetown and it had a story mode. I was only like nine or ten when I played it but my god I occasionally get flashbacks and when I tell you that was the trippiest game I ever played!...

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

There's this one sim that came over to my house and kept farting and giggling to herself. I completely forgot they could do that. :o

hahah really? :lol: I didn't even knew they could do that :lol:

Advertising

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,568 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,737 rep

hahah really? :lol: I didn't even knew they could do that :lol:

hahah yes they sniff it and then start laughing, its brilliant!

• Rosie May likes this

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

hahah yes they sniff it and then start laughing, its brilliant!

haha :lol: Does they have some type of trait? Like sloppy or? :lol:

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,387 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,042 rep
I haven't got The Sims 4 yet, but I want it!

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,568 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,737 rep

haha :lol: Does they have some type of trait? Like sloppy or? :lol:

Ooh that I couldn't say, if it happens again I'll try to remember to check!

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • beat your heart out

• 21,374 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,398 rep
i finally played the sims 4 last night and after ten minutes i was so bored i gave up :lol:
3 still won't work on my laptop so i've started playing 2 again and it's even better than i remembered it being!!!

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 789 rep

i'm gunna install the sims 2 again next week when my new laptop SSD drive arrives. i actually downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 because you can't play the sims 2 properly on 8. that's a sign that it's getting old, which means i'm getting older.

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 470 rep

i'm gunna install the sims 2 again next week when my new laptop SSD drive arrives. i actually downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 because you can't play the sims 2 properly on 8. that's a sign that it's getting old, which means i'm getting older.

What was the issue you were having with W8, it played perfectly on my computer? 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,770 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,072 rep

so is sim4 worth it or i should stick to 3? 

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 789 rep

What was the issue you were having with W8, it played perfectly on my computer?

The add-ones couldn't install as whenever it tried to update the sims 2 (using the first disk), it would crash. After googling it, it turned out to be a widespread issue, with a lucky few able to run it for whatever reason (it's windows, let's be honest it could be anything)

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,568 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,737 rep

The add-ones couldn't install as whenever it tried to update the sims 2 (using the first disk), it would crash. After googling it, it turned out to be a widespread issue, with a lucky few able to run it for whatever reason (it's windows, let's be honest it could be anything)

I know I don't know you too well but for some reason I wouldn't have had you down as a Sims kinda person :lol: 

But yeah, Sims 2 is awesome I am so glad I have it back!

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 789 rep

I know I don't know you too well but for some reason I wouldn't have had you down as a Sims kinda person :lol: 
But yeah, Sims 2 is awesome I am so glad I have it back!

How judgemental of you :P I played the Sims 1 to death when I was young and I tend to play Sims 2 from time to time (like once every two years? for a while) then put it away again.

Not a fan of sims 3 (game playing wise, house building is great!) and haven't tried sims 4.

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 470 rep

Ah thats why I didn't have the issue then, I only installed it by the free digital copy which had them all in one. I hate all the work arounds I have needed to do to get my old games to work not just on windows 8 but some of them had lots of trouble with 7. Hopefully windows 10 doesn't cause the same issues, so far in the preview version all my games work perfectly so its looking good. 

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,369 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,749 rep

so is sim4 worth it or i should stick to 3? 

That's is exactly what I asked myself :lol: You get more with the ts3 but it's fun to try ts4. I liked the emotions :happy:

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 224 rep

http://simsvip.com/2...a-game-patches/  (Totally free. Includes pools.)

http://simsvip.com/2...off-the-sims-4/

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• 6,311 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

We finally got the Sims 4 and neither me nor my gf have played it. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users